PDA

View Full Version : Various Problems with Tripoli

Olmsted
12-07-2006, 18:47
In my current campaign I am playing as the Moors, VH/M. I took Tripoli a few turns ago and now I want to put in some watchtowers. Unfortunately, I cannot build watchtowers anywhere in the province. Does anyone know why this is?

I thought this might be an issue with descr_regions.txt file, so I took a look at it. Here is the entry:

Tripoli_Province
Tripoli
moors
Saharan_Rebels
202 17 48
none
religions { catholic 10 orthodox 5 islam 70 pagan 10 heretic 5 }

Notice that instead of saying "fish" this entry has "none" for resources. Yet on the campaign map, it clearly has fish in that province. Be that as it may, lots of provinces don't have all their resources listed here. The fish are clearly added by the descr_strat.txt file in this case.

So, I figure it must have to do with whatever kind of terrain exists in this province. I looked at the map_ground_types.tga file and it shows this entire province as a dark grey terrain type. This terrain type is really slow to move through (and impossible in the western Sahara), which is fine, but what determines whether or not a watchtower can be built on it? In other words, what do I have to do to make it so that watchtowers can be built here?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Stig
12-07-2006, 19:34
I recon Tripoli would be all desert, so the question is can you place on desert?
as you said, most likely not

To change it I would say change the terrain type, cheap but I can't really think of anything else

btw Olmsted has a question?

Olmsted
12-07-2006, 23:53
How would I go about changing the terrain type? I think I'd like to do it along the road section. That way I can spot the rebels blocking my trade with Egypt (and see the Egyptian armies creeping through the desert to backstab me).

Edit - Yes, I do have questions about modding from time to time. And when I need answers to them, I come here, because this is where the best modding community for TW games lives.

swell
12-09-2006, 01:21
It's not the terrain.
In my vanilla sicilian campaign, I built 2 watchtowers at 144,39 and 166,70 in the Tripoli region.
And in the advanced trade window, fish is traded with Tunis, Cairo and Alexandria. Weird.
Did you build roads in Tripoli ? Sometimes in roadless provinces, strange things happen. I had a rebel army near Stockholm, and I could not attack them with my general until roads were built...

Olmsted
12-09-2006, 02:21
Yes, I have roads in Tripoli.