PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to create new provinces and trade goods in game?

The_Doctor
12-07-2006, 22:49
I have a feeling these are not possible, but it would good if they did work.

New towns and provinces:
The idea is best explained with an example. In a mod that contains the New World, you have the province of New England and it's settlement is Boston. When Boston gets to a certain population you can "build" a building called "further colonisation" or "found new town" or what ever you want to call it. When this building is complete, The province of New England splits into Massachusetts Bay and New Hampshire. Boston is the settlement in Massachusetts and Portsmouth is the settlement in of New Hampshire. This would represent the population of the area becoming more dense and the province becoming wealthier and more powerful.

New trade goods:
I will use another example for this. A province has land that is good for tobacco, this allows you to build a tobacco plantation, when this built tobacco starts being traded with other provinces. Then you can then build a cigar maker, when this is built cigars become a trade good.

Would these things be possible?

Maculio
12-08-2006, 18:13
from my knowledge of the campaign map , no as regions are declared at beginning of the game, one thing I would love to see at a later stage is if Ca added in that you could upgrade a fort to a large fort - as this would bem ore realistic but I don't think it's possible