PDA

View Full Version : Problem with starting EB after install

dumuzi
12-09-2006, 20:43
Hi all! thanks for making an amazing mod. Ive gotten EB .8 and installed it on my version of RTW patched to 1.5. But when i try to play it simply loads the original game. Weird. Ive tried simply copying the data files from the EB folder over, but that brings up the EB loading screen and then crashes the game. Sorry if this has been answered before, and thanks a lot for helping us all with sundry problems.

skuzzy
12-10-2006, 00:30
You have to load it from the shortcut that appears on your desktop named EB08 or make a shortcut of RomeTW.exe and add the argument -mod:eb -nm -show_err in the Target box of the shortcut after the path.

CaesarAugustus
12-10-2006, 03:35
What i did was uninstall both EB and RTW then reinstalled them. After installing EB, make a copy of the EB icon and then add it to your main RTW file.

Also, when you are installing EB, check to see if you are installing it in your main RTW folder. On my computer I was installing it ino C:/Program Files/ Activision/Rome Total War, and I had the exact same problem you did.

However, when I reinstalled EB, I changed it so it installed to C:/ The Creative Assembly/Rome: Total War. I then copied the EB icon into the folder. After that it ran perfectly. I advise you uninstall EB and then see if you have a different RTW folder (try C; The creative Assembly or C:/ Sega, if those are in your Program Files (which could be the "main" one, to reinstall it).

Hope this helps.