PDA

View Full Version : Goidilic Ordmhornaght

blank
12-10-2006, 02:55
Hello.
Since there isn't a recruitment guide for 0.8 yet, and i haven't played earlier EB versions, i thought i'd ask here:
in what region can you recruit the Goidilic Ordmhornaght (the hammer guys :smash: )? They sound like a great shock unit, but i'd like to know if i have to go to war with the gauls to get them ~:confused:

Thanks

CountArach
12-10-2006, 07:29
They are recruitable in Ireland with a local recruitment thing. I think that anyone can get them, if not, then it is a Casse only unit.

I think they make great flankers.

blank
12-10-2006, 13:37
They are recruitable in Ireland with a local recruitment thing. I think that anyone can get them, if not, then it is a Casse only unit.

Ireland huh? Damn, now i gotta build that expensive port :captain:
Thanks anyway

Foot
12-10-2006, 13:39
Ireland huh? Damn, now i gotta build that expensive port :captain:
Thanks anyway

You can only build them after the first celtic reforms. The Goidilic culture hasn't begun in Ireland until later in the game.

Foot

blank
12-10-2006, 14:00
You can only build them after the first celtic reforms. The Goidilic culture hasn't begun in Ireland until later in the game.

Foot

Celtic reforms? Are they very late or about the same time as the... what was it called now... well, the ''Greek'' reforms?

Oleo
12-10-2006, 14:47

Foot

Hmm, I am reasonably sure I recruited all kinds of Goidilics before I got reforms (220BC, right?). I am casse.

Spendios
12-10-2006, 15:20

They are available for Casse, Aedui, Arverni and Lusotann in Ireland only.

Moros
12-10-2006, 18:40
all reforms are in the faq.

galathas
12-16-2006, 19:48
i am playing as the casse to and could recruit those irish hammers the moment i built my factional mic to tier 3 i think.

Fondor_Yards
12-16-2006, 20:54

Foot

As spain when I took Ireland in about 260's or 250's I could build them and all other Goidilic units *blackshields, nobles, the whole works* before the reforms. I know the reforms havn't happened yet, not 220 and the reform building isn't in any celtic town yet.

Aymar de Bois Mauri
12-16-2006, 21:08
As spain when I took Ireland in about 260's or 250's I could build them and all other Goidilic units *blackshields, nobles, the whole works* before the reforms. I know the reforms havn't happened yet, not 220 and the reform building isn't in any celtic town yet.As Spain? You're playing MTW Late period, right? :inquisitive:

Casuir
12-16-2006, 21:40
All the Goidil units are recruitable prior to the first reform bar the deishbard(?) laecha, daernaght and ordmhornaght with the 3rd level faction mic and the uachtarach duboGaiscaocha with the 4th level foreign mic. Q bout the reforms, you need to upgrade your barracks after you get them to get the new units aye? What happens if your barracks are at the highest level, thinking about the third period here.

Fondor_Yards
12-17-2006, 02:20
As Spain? You're playing MTW Late period, right? :inquisitive:

What? Spain=Lusotannan

Casuir
12-17-2006, 08:22
You conquered Ireland and had tier 3 and 4 mics in it in 20 years?

Thaatu
12-17-2006, 10:40
Fondor_Yards, you are hurting the feelings of long lost civilizations. :san_rolleyes:

Fondor_Yards
12-17-2006, 16:56
Casuir that's when I took Ireland, not when I could build them.

Casuir
12-17-2006, 17:34
Ah right. The pirates round that neck of the woods giving you any trouble? Causing me awful problems bringing stuff back for retraining

Kralizec
12-17-2006, 17:53

Foot

The Goidilic spearmen are available straight away though...

Aymar de Bois Mauri
12-17-2006, 18:51
What? Spain=LusotannanOnly in your book. What do the ancient Iberian tribes of the Lusitani, Arevaci, Bastestani, Edetani, etc... have to do with "Spain" ? A nation that was only created in the late medieval times circa 1479 ? :inquisitive:

"When Ferdinand succeeded his father as King of Aragon in 1479, the Crown of Castile and the various territories of the Crown of Aragon were united in a personal union creating for the first time since the 8th century a single political unit which might be called Spain, although the various territories were not properly administered as a single unit until the 18th century."

Fondor_Yards
12-20-2006, 19:49
Ah right. The pirates round that neck of the woods giving you any trouble? Causing me awful problems bringing stuff back for retraining

Any? Those guys are killing me. I'm just happy I havn't lost a full stack at sea yet, there have been a few close ones. The Lusotannan navy blows. I've pretty much given up on a navy, the pirates, romans, carthage, even the celt's have a much better navy then them.

And Aymar de Bois Mauri don't you think your being a little bit anal about the name? So what if I use modern names for ancient kingdoms. Everyone knows who I am talking about.

Tyfus
12-20-2006, 19:56
I don't know if this is the same for everyone else but as casse I can recruit the basic goidilic spear unit and Ordmhornaght as soon as I take the provinces. Haven't reached the reforms yet though.

Anthony
12-20-2006, 20:43
Any? Those guys are killing me. I'm just happy I havn't lost a full stack at sea yet, there have been a few close ones. The Lusotannan navy blows. I've pretty much given up on a navy, the pirates, romans, carthage, even the celt's have a much better navy then them.

And Aymar de Bois Mauri don't you think your being a little bit anal about the name? So what if I use modern names for ancient kingdoms. Everyone knows who I am talking about.

'Even the Celts'? They should, actual Celtic ships were excellent quality and their coastal tribes were extremely experienced sailors, who built some of the largest high quality vessels in the known world at the time.

NeoSpartan
12-20-2006, 21:58
.... So what if I use modern names for ancient kingdoms.....

Then our forefathers will haunt you for the the rest of your life..... sike!

Well it will just get confusing, if you say Iran, hell... do you men Arche Seleukeia (sp), Hiastan (sp), or Partia (sp)??????

Its EB man :2thumbsup: At least learn the names so u can learn something:book: , and impress ur friends:whip: ... I am still working on the spelling as u can see :shame:

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
12-20-2006, 22:23
No one seems to get mad when you refer to Haysdan as Armenian...

MiniMe
12-22-2006, 00:16
No one seems to get mad when you refer to Haysdan as Armenian...
Well, Armenian are direct descendants of Haysdan :-)

Olaf The Great
12-22-2006, 06:04
Well, Armenian are direct descendants of Haysdan :-)
Doesn't Hayastadan mean Armenia in Armenian?

Fondor_Yards
12-22-2006, 09:40
'Even the Celts'? They should, actual Celtic ships were excellent quality and their coastal tribes were extremely experienced sailors, who built some of the largest high quality vessels in the known world at the time.

Really? Hm I've been listening to too much roman propoganda about dumb barbarians then.

Anthony
12-22-2006, 16:17
Even Caesar gave them their due, specifically to the Veneti tribe in Armorica. He eventually overcame their massive warships more or less by surrounding them and swarming them; no other tactic worked at all. They were too large and sturdy to ram or harm effectively, they were too tall to throw javelins at the Celts (but they could easily throw javelins down at them), so his tactics degenerated into boarding under a hail of missiles from his opponents. Caesar had to win by sheer force of numbers.

Kralizec
01-06-2007, 00:14
Hmm, I am reasonably sure I recruited all kinds of Goidilics before I got reforms (220BC, right?). I am casse.

I think I can confirm that. While I haven't actually trained them yet and haven't even upgraded my MIC since I took Ireland, the MIC upgrade in the construction tab shows that it allows ordmhornaght to be trained. This is around 230BC.

sages
01-10-2007, 22:59
How do I know when the celtic reforms have happened. Was there a message? Did I miss it? I'm in the year 217 in my Casse game.

I was able to make the gollidic spearmen right from the get go in Ireland.

Oleo
01-11-2007, 13:42
How do I know when the celtic reforms have happened. Was there a message? Did I miss it? I'm in the year 217 in my Casse game.

There is no message, I think. Look at the buildings in one of your city:

You'll see markers depending on the period that your in, if I remember them correct:

1st period (no reform): Time of Bondsmen
2nd period (1st reform): Time of Freemen
3rd period (2nd reform): Time of Soldiers

deadmeat36
04-18-2007, 05:09
Even Caesar gave them their due, specifically to the Veneti tribe in Armorica. He eventually overcame their massive warships more or less by surrounding them and swarming them; no other tactic worked at all. They were too large and sturdy to ram or harm effectively, they were too tall to throw javelins at the Celts (but they could easily throw javelins down at them), so his tactics degenerated into boarding under a hail of missiles from his opponents. Caesar had to win by sheer force of numbers.

and by the wind dieing down so the celts couldnt sail anywhere due to the celts only using sails but the romans used oars as well. Its all in Ceasar against the celts