PDA

View Full Version : Tournament

polski_orzel
12-10-2006, 09:15
Who wants to have a M2:TW tournament?? In the next 2 weeks we can get as many people as possibly (hopefully like 100+). I will make a standings.

The tournament will run basically like the Fifa World Cup. There will be a number of qualification groups. Each group will be set up by your region, so it will make it easier for people to play each other. That way an Australian doesn't have to wake up @ 2:00 am to play someone in Toronto

Hopefully, if the right number of people apply, we will have roughly 6 player groups. Everyone will play each other twice. The top 2 players (if it is a 5-6 player group) of each group will automatically advance to the Final Round. The 3rd place player from each group will go into a playoff to get into the Final Round.

Once every player qualifies there will be the Final Round. It will be just like the Fifa World cup where each player will be placed in a group. Hopefully we will be able to place them in terms of regions again.

This time, 2 players from each group will advance. Let's say, for example, that there will be 8 groups of 4. 16 players will make the next round. Each group will be numbered (group #1, group #2 ect...).

After the group phase, the top seeds will be placed seperately into one of the next 8 matches. The secondary seeds will be placed into matches with the top seeds. This is where the tournament tree starts, and most of you probably know what a tournament tree looks like, so I don't have to explain it.

The final match will be of three legs (so best of 3 matches). There will also be a third place match, however this will be one leg, unlike the final.

Hopefully if this works out, we can do this every few months.

If you are interested sign in this thread. The way you should sign in as should look like this (I will use my information):

Username: Polski_Orzel
E-mail Address: cowboy_dave896@hotmail.com
Time Zone: GMT - 8
MSN: cowboy_dave896@hotmail.com
AIM: Polakdave966
Language(s): English,Polish
-------------------------------------------------
Even if you are a sucky n00b, join in. This should be great fun!

I have this thread going in a few other forums. I will update the list of users every couple days.

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
12-10-2006, 23:07
Hey,

sure I sign up

Name: Aggony1pain1Warman8
E-mail:Warman456@hotmail.com
MSN:Warman456@hotmail.com
xfire:bhckingwarman88
Language:English
Time Zones: GMT-7 (I'm not sure, have to check)

RTKBarrett
12-10-2006, 23:27
I recommend waiting for the patch orzel before u put too much time and effort in mate...

Snarkfarfar
12-11-2006, 15:48
Sounds like a great idea, but to get more players you should probably advertise for this in other places too like the official forums and TWC. And wait for the patch ofcourse.
And even then, some more rules will be needed, like no eles, maybe a cav limit etc. Though I guess that can be done later.

Monarch
12-11-2006, 16:32
Go to the clan forums. Thats where all potential players will be. Theres not really a communal mp forum. So ,e make the rounds is what i suggest.

Stig
12-11-2006, 17:25
Aye he posted it on .com, but our MP community is death (apart from 2 .com based "clans" really) tho both of them are no clans, and tend to not take part in tourneys

Orda Khan
12-11-2006, 17:55
I wouldn't dream of a tournament until the game is patched and the patch fixes tested

......Orda

Tempiic
12-11-2006, 19:44
I wouldn't dream of a tournament until the game is patched and the patch fixes tested

......Orda

and again patched. ;)

Orda Khan
12-12-2006, 17:31
and again patched. ;)
:laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4:

.......Orda

Monarch
12-12-2006, 19:04
Well, I hear even the oh mighty and absolutely indestructble Shogun needed a patch.:wall:

Orda Khan
12-12-2006, 19:54
Well, I hear even the oh mighty and absolutely indestructble Shogun needed a patch.:wall:
Who said it didn't Monarch? Why are you so protective? Tell you what, you go ahead with a tournament.....and then half way through the patch is released (and let's not forget that will have to be played for a while because some new issues may arise) now do you understand my concerns?
IMO it would be better to wait until after the patch is released and played for a while. But of course you could just go ahead even though some people are still unable to even get online (look at Inda's post) and those that do are still getting some problems. By waiting for a few weeks the tournament may have enough players for it to be worthwhile

.......Orda

Monarch
12-12-2006, 20:09
It was a joke :inquisitive:

Of course, a patched game would be much better and I don't really like 1v1s anyway so I won't be participating :no:

Stig
12-12-2006, 20:13
what Monarch means is:
everything Orda thinks is good is good, everything else is bad

as that what you're saying to me

Orda Khan
12-12-2006, 20:23
what Monarch means is:
everything Orda thinks is good is good, everything else is bad

as that what you're saying to me
Feel free to interpret my posts any way you like. If you think it's a good idea to start a tournament when a patch is imminent and some players are still experiencing log in problems, fine. I think it would be much wiser to wait as I explained above

.......Orda

Stig
12-13-2006, 00:01
So do I m8, still I won't ever start a tournament

a. the game won't ever be perfect (look at RTW)
b. gamespy problems
etc etc

I tried a tournament with my "clan" (community really)

we abonded it, not enough time and such

Orda Khan
12-13-2006, 18:35
I agree Stig,
My experience with tournaments, both playing or watching replays, is they never match those battles where you were just having fun. And I go along with Elmo, I always enjoyed team battles more than 1v1, even if your team mates are new players

.......Orda

t1master
12-13-2006, 23:57
tournies cause too much bickering and infighting. they don't compare to the fun big games elmo used to host.

a good team game between two clans are great, but the bragging rights of tournies do nothing for me....

GrimeReaper
12-15-2006, 17:38
Tournies are not just about winning but meeting players you may not of faced before tournies are about adding fun to the gamr not taking the fun away

Monarch
12-15-2006, 18:49
Yup. M2TW clan tourneys very different. Clancommunityshield.net is kicking off soon with 34 clans signed up so far, so they'll be alot of games in that were clans are playing each other for the 1st time. Bring community closer and making some very interesting match ups.