PDA

View Full Version : Mafia games...

edyzmedieval
12-10-2006, 19:29
Well, I'm just a normal n00b. And I have a homework for school.
So, I thought, what better game to create than Mafia?

Can anyone explain the full rules of the game for me? I want to learn and play, but I want to do my homework too.

Thanks. :balloon2:

Craterus
12-10-2006, 19:32
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=70374

Stickies are there for a reason, mate. ~:)

GeneralHankerchief
12-10-2006, 19:36
Welcome to the Dark Side. :evil:

Okay, basically there is a "town" consisting of everyone who plays. A certain number of people in the town are members of the Mafia, who have the job of killing everybody in the town during the game.

During the "night" stage of the game, the mafia get to kill a certain amount of townies. This number varies from game to game; usually it is one or two.

During the "day" stage of the game, the town votes on who they think is in the mafia. At the end of this stage, the person with the most votes is executed.

The object of the town is to execute all the mafia people. The mafia's goal is to kill everyone in the town. Play continues until everybody on one side is dead.

~~~~~~~

There are also other roles that are common in games.

-The Detective gets to secretly investigate one person a night. They are told whether that person is guilty or not. The Detective is the mafia's number one enemy.

-The Doctor gets to protect one person a night. So if the mafia choose to kill Person A, but the doc decides to protect Person A, then Person A does not die.

-The Godfather is the mafia boss of sorts and has more control over the mafia. He is immune to Detective investigations.

Sasaki Kojiro
12-10-2006, 20:49
Just remember, Csar is always guilty.

Csargo
12-10-2006, 21:10

LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sasaki is always guilty. Vote:Sasaki

Seamus Fermanagh
12-10-2006, 21:11

That's about like saying the Holy Father is Catholic!

edyzmedieval
12-13-2006, 14:21
Thanks guys. Kudos to you, it's good homework. ~D

GeneralHankerchief
12-13-2006, 23:03
edyz, if you are really interested in hosting a game I suggest you put your name into the Mafia Hosting Queue (see the stickies). While not official, it's sort of tradition that only two big games go on at once.

I look forward to your game if you do host one. ~:)

edyzmedieval
12-18-2006, 20:51
I'll start bobbling my head in the winter vacation, because I still have one more school week. :furious3:

Ignoramus
12-19-2006, 03:16
Oh and always remember: Ignoramus is always innocent. My name says it all.

edyzmedieval
01-11-2007, 19:41
Woweee, let's hope Mafia will triumph tommorrow when I have to present the game. :grin: