PDA

View Full Version : Lagggggg

Andejar
12-10-2006, 19:42
My game has been really laggy on MP but in SP it runs fine. What could be causing this and how do i fix it?

ElmarkOFear
12-10-2006, 20:48
A few ways to help reduce lag, is to have everyone in your game change their settings to the lowest resolutions possible, and to change the unit size to SMALL UNIT SIZE in the options menu before the game. The game plays at the slowest PC's pace, so it only takes one person to lag a game.

Also, I would recommend never joining a game which has over a 300 ping time to your PC. Otherwise, you will have to wait until CA can work on the problem in the patch.

Good luck.

Andejar
12-11-2006, 00:51
I just thinks its weird the all m other online games, including rtw, work perfectly even with higher settings.

Skor
12-11-2006, 02:18
if he have to do all on minimum settings&small unit size,then even mtw vi is looking better,and have a better balance:laugh4: :laugh4: ,why should he play mtw 2 then?

ElmarkOFear
12-11-2006, 07:11
If he wants to reduce lag those are a few ways to do it. :laugh4:

I don't mind the reduced graphics, if it allows for smooth gameplay. Though I am not a graphics-oriented person anyways having grown up playing old war boardgames. I could just play with red squares vs. blue squares and enjoy myself. Anyways, I don't have the time to enjoy the graphics anyways, since I am normally too busy trying to keep my poor men from being overrun by Cheetah and his teammates, to notice much else! hehe Though I must admit the graphics of my mens' backsides are done extremely well, given that is what everyone sees the most. :burnout: