PDA

View Full Version : Looking to start a clan of the best players around

ViolentRebellion
12-11-2006, 08:10
I don't care how this comes off, but I'm really good at this game.

I want to start a clan with some other folks and dominate everyone.

If you want to play against me and see if I'm as good as I say, ask me to play when you see me online.

FrankishHorde is my name online.

I was thinking about starting a clan and having everyone take a name from a great General in history. I don't know what the clans name would be, I'm still forming ideas on that one.

So setup a time to play me or just msg me while I'm online.

ElmarkOFear
12-11-2006, 09:22
If you want a challenge which will help determine your team's skill level, play the RTK clan in a 3v3 team match. Or play some of the SA (Silent Assassin) members. From what I have seen they are among the top players right now.

Myself? I am a professional noob, so you wouldn't get much help here. :)

Monarch
12-11-2006, 19:05
I suggest you look out for the following clans in the lobby, then if you win feel free to brag.

Vandal Horde (tag = Vandal_)
Silent assassins (tag = -Silent-)
RTK (tag = RTK#)
Huscarls (tag = }{Huscarls}{
Order Of Chaos (tag = Chaos)
Aggony (tag = Aggony)
Order Of Kenchikuka (tag = Kenchi)
Grey Wolves (tag = Wolf_)

Theres more but cba to type them. Screens shot the victorys too :P

|Heerbann|_Di3Hard
12-11-2006, 19:07
Theres more but cba to type them. Screens shot the victorys too :P

Yeah, please show us the replays, how you have beaten this clans :D

Are you Tamerlane? :P If not, ignore the question

ViolentRebellion
12-11-2006, 20:06
How do I:

A.) post replays here

B.) take screenshots of victories - where do they save and how do I do it.

Monarch
12-11-2006, 21:17
Upload the replays to somewhere like freewebs.

Take screenshots using printscreen or fraps.com

If you can beat them...

ViolentRebellion
12-11-2006, 22:44
How do I upload an image from my computer on to this site

Monarch
12-11-2006, 22:59
imageshack.us

ViolentRebellion
12-11-2006, 22:59
https://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q67/WeaponX777/?action=view&current=Victory.jpg

Is that the proof you desire.

Now that I've figured this out, I will post more.

ViolentRebellion
12-11-2006, 23:05
https://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q67/WeaponX777/?action=view&current=Victory.jpg

There is my trophy from Silent clan, now I will hunt more clan members down.

Monarch
12-11-2006, 23:28
Hmm, I dunno guys, does beating den really count? :laugh4:

Hehe, well done. But anyway about your clan, many of the best players are already in clans. I suggest that your best route would be to join a clan yourself.

You wouldn't be leader but you'd be in a good clan :yes:

Stig
12-11-2006, 23:45
Have beaten some clan members of the clans Monarch named too, but hey are they all that good? I mean, who get's beaten by me?

ViolentRebellion
12-11-2006, 23:49
http://rapidshare.com/files/7096240/excellent_game_again.rpy.html

http://rapidshare.com/files/7096400/2v1__i_win_.rpy.html

http://rapidshare.com/files/7096505/got_this_SOB.rpy.html

here are some replays

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
12-12-2006, 00:50
Pretty Good... Sorry I could not play with you today. NAT Negoartions :(

you can find yourself in a good clan IMO

Goalie
12-12-2006, 02:20
Hey frankish horde, I remember you from our tryout, you did pretty well. There are alot of good clans out there for ya, but I see you have joined the Knight T though, good luck.

|Heerbann|_Di3Hard
12-12-2006, 11:14
Very good Franky! Respekt :)

KrooK
12-12-2006, 13:22
LOOOOLLLL you are good :smash:
lol lolo lol
Last time i remember you was when you quit our game before it starts cause rules did not match you.
Heheheheheheheheheheh

ElmarkOFear
12-12-2006, 13:30
I should start posting all of my losses! :) It would take days for you guys to go through them all. :beam:

Subedei
12-12-2006, 13:35
LOOOOLLLL you are good :smash:
lol lolo lol
Last time i remember you was when you quit our game before it starts cause rules did not match you.
Heheheheheheheheheheh

Do brag if you win against FH and show us the results...no need to make fun of him if you don´t even know that you are really better than him.....

Louis de la Ferte Ste Colombe
12-12-2006, 13:48
Whohooo... that looks so interesting... :juggle2:

I sure hope bragging and posting screenshot with player names is not allowed on this forum. Eihter for bragging or claim they cheat, or whatever. I do not need to read about who can pee further, thank you.

Also, let me share my fake Elmo quote; " a true veteran is someone who lost more games than you've played"

Louis,

ElmarkOFear
12-12-2006, 13:51
lol Louie! :) I LOVE fake ELMO quotes!

Subedei
12-12-2006, 14:05
Don´t get me wrong, I just don´t like pointless bragging...that is it...I personally do not care about MP for me to play/ screenies or whatever...I would be 2 worse too stand a chance against very good players I guess...:shame:

Plus what RTK says in the next post.

RTKMercurius
12-12-2006, 14:07
I think you all know that the best way to prove your abilities is to consistently perform well in good tournaments. Winning pick-up matches, especially in a brand new game like MTW2 is a dubius achievement....

Excellence is a tidal target... it comes and goes. :juggle2: You can only really measure one player over another by considering the quality of play over a long period. The great players of one season are not necessarily the great players of the next....especially in the beginning stages of a new game.

Couldn't even tell you who the best RTK player is atm... I could, however, list several who have yet to play a battle of MTW2 and a couple who haven't been seen on a battlefield in a couple years... See my point?

Therefore, the best way to prove your worth is to perform well in a couple decent tourneys in 2007... then do it again in '08... :D

Good luck Franky... :)

Denali
12-12-2006, 15:58

There is my trophy from Silent clan, now I will hunt more clan members down.

lol gg dude, but next time also post your defeats and let me know wether you want a competitive battle or just play for fun, cause in that game i was trying something new :laugh4:

but ye gg ;)

Fenix7
12-12-2006, 16:47
Normaly I do not pay attention to such posts, but I was bothered with one statement:

Therefore, the best way to prove your worth is to perform well in a couple decent tourneys

I'm coming out from a martial art systems and the only thing I can add is that tourneys doesn't mean nothing. I know many excellent martial artists who would win opponents who won several tourneys. Tourneys doesn't give you how much you are ''worth''. You can have a black belt, or 4th dan or even higher, but when you are in the situation when there are only two outcomes life or death, those titles doesn't help you at all.

For me all starts with the courtesy and honour of my opponent.

Kenchi_Sulla
12-12-2006, 17:24
Well, don't know about your playing skill but your arrogance would at least guarantee the fact that you would not be accepted into the order of Kenchikuka..... Knowledge is power - Character is more

Orda Khan
12-12-2006, 17:25
I tend to agree with Louis, beating someone in a MP game means nothing other than you just won a game. It certainly has no place on these forums and that goes for bragging also

......Orda

Monarch
12-12-2006, 19:01
I think we all need a bit of a chill.

Ye the guy has a wee bit of a big mouth. So both mer and di3 hard asked him to proove it. Money where his [big] mouth is kinda thing.

So, the following quote is very unfair:

I sure hope bragging and posting screenshot with player names is not allowed on this forum. Eihter for bragging or claim they cheat, or whatever. I do not need to read about who can pee further, thank you.

The guy didn't even know how to post screenies lol.

But I do agree with Den. You shouldn't really just post screens from random games. At least make it clear its a game that the result of will be posted on tiniternet or something. I'm sure Den would have whipped out the annoying camels and uber christian guards on you if it would have been competitive :P

Denali
12-12-2006, 19:04
Well that depends if he would have pressed "start battle" accidently, if yes my rush wouldnt have worked :laugh4:

Besides... the "uberchristian-guard-and-annoying-camels" is more milts style :D

Monarch
12-12-2006, 19:10
Gah wasn't me :inquisitive:

gotta hate camels though, I think you routed a unit of 30 polish nobles in that 3v3 like instantly :wall:

ViolentRebellion
12-12-2006, 19:27
So who wants to play? I'll be online round 4pm today.

....And I do care about who can pee farther

You think Napoleon or Caesar were humble?

ElmarkOFear
12-12-2006, 19:32
But look how things turned out for them in the end . . . :)

ViolentRebellion
12-12-2006, 19:52
But look how things turned out for them in the end . . . :)

"Better to live one day as lion than a lifetime as a sheep."

Orda Khan
12-12-2006, 20:14

Then I doubt you will last long on these forums. Bringing the battlefield to this place is the quickest way to start flame wars. We have all won (even Elmo, though he won't admit it) and we have all lost. It means nothing

.....Orda

KrooK
12-12-2006, 23:45
Ok maybe it's nto this topic but...
I hardly ever play to proove who is better cause after about 10.000 of battles into my life i noticed that....
- if you play , you will win with everyone around and lost with everyone around :)
- posting screens or replays is proof of bad taste :)

gl hf

Stig
12-13-2006, 00:03
We have all won (even Elmo, though he won't admit it) and we have all lost. It means nothing
Even Elmo, nah he, never ~D

mind you a warning, t1 and Elmo are working on some high secret special tactic, and he won't tell us, I think he's planning to win more then 1 game per year now

Marius Dynamite
12-13-2006, 01:29
Then I doubt you will last long on these forums. Bringing the battlefield to this place is the quickest way to start flame wars. We have all won (even Elmo, though he won't admit it) and we have all lost. It means nothing

.....Orda

Orda always says stuff really cool and insightful. They brighten up my day. :2thumbsup:

Personally, I love losing but fighting brilliantly. Like if I lose because of a bad ally but I still get most kills or something. It's far, far better than winning.

I also love hitting the bar/post in football (soccer) from long range intead of scoring into the top corner. That loud clang and the ringing of the frame, and everyone looks at you as you stand gutted but extremely happy with the shot. You never think of it at the time, but if you go home and think about it, you much prefered to rattle the bar/post. Beautiful.

It's also better to get to the final and lose. (Although it may not seem that way at first it definetly is.)

However its never fun to lose to a cheat or a gloat (And it doesn't have to be an unpolite gloat) and since I am not at war I only ever lose or win in games. Its my choice to play games and I don't play with a Cheat, or indeed gloats. Leave gloating for WWIII. :thumbsdown:

Cheetah
12-13-2006, 01:57

Then come back when you conquered Gaul. ~;) And dont forget to post a screenshot. ~D

Also, I agree with Louis that this forum might not be the proper place for this type of post. Actually, I have to think hard to name a forum which would be a proper place ...

I also agree with Merc that consistency is the key word.

And agree with Denali that you should state it clearly before the battle that you want to fight a "competitve" game. And of course do not forget to post your defeats as well as your victories. ~;)

Aonar made a good point too, so lets agree with him as well. Tourneys often do not measure "true" strenght as they have special rules. Doing well under one kind of special rule set (like box, or MAA) does not implies that the same person can do equally well under some other rule set, or can even survive under "natural" conditions. However, luckily, this is a game and not a matter of death and life, even though reading the forums would sometimes suggest otherwise. ~D

And lets agree with Krook as well that if you play a lot then you will win a lot and lose a lot as well. Posting screens and replays are a sign of bad taste IMO if it is pure bragging and has no other purpose (like showing how to do this or that).

Last but not least I agree with Elmo: I love fake Elmo quotes too!!! ~D :2thumbsup:

I apologise if I left out someone, I promise that the next time I will agree with you too! ~:) :bow:

ps. ViolentRebellion, I watched the replays. I have read your post. You have a lot to learn.

ViolentRebellion
12-13-2006, 04:14
http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/surrendering.jpg

ElmarkOFear
12-13-2006, 05:35
If you see a player named AMP or AMPmortog. Make sure to challenge him in a 1v1. He may not be on top of his game, like he was in STW/MTW, but I am sure his current game will be enough to keep you busy.

The real challenge is in teamplay. I know a lot of 1v1 players who could never make it in 2v2 and up games. For instance, if you play the RTK players individually, you may win against them fairly often. However, play them in a 3v3 and you will find yourself hardpressed to win. It is a very different game altogether than 1v1.

You can take the 3 best players 1v1 players in the community and put them against the best 3v3 team and the 3 1v1 players will lose most of the time. :) One reason why I only play team games and not 1v1. To me, there isn't much challenge (or fun) in a 1v1 game, so I never put much time into it.

Good luck on your quest to be the best. Though bragging around here won't impress anyone. Especially those veteran players who have played with/against the best players over the past years.

ViolentRebellion
12-13-2006, 07:41
The whole "braggin with screenshots and replays is weak" argument is misguided.

Certain posters asked for proof. I gave it.

That was it.

As to me thinking I'm the best? No, I don't.

But I know I'm good. And I don't disagree with the previous poster; team games are more difficult than 1v1's.

Team games are especially more challenging when the it pairs two people that have never played before against two people that play together on a consistent basis.

Which brings this thread full circle. I wanted to start a clan. But since that didn't work out, I now am a member of the the Knights Templars or [KT] as you will see it online.

My tag is [KT]Leonidas.

Hope to see you fellas online. If you want play, drop me a message and let me know you read my posts and think I'm an immature arrogant bast*rd.
That will fire me up enough to tear you a new one.

In the end, this is just a video game, but hey, what fun is any competition without some bad blood.

RTKBarrett
12-13-2006, 15:57
lol @ this guy

Marius Dynamite
12-13-2006, 16:59
lol @ this guy

lol

Rob The Bastard
12-13-2006, 18:22
Bad blood can be infectious.

I'm used to mopping up the splatters after a good blood-letting, but I hate running the risk of multiple members suffering delusional fevers and running amok through the forums... can't have that.

:beam: