PDA

View Full Version : Eliminating Large Stone Walls and Epic Stone Walls

-Praetor-
12-11-2006, 22:01
Are you sick and tired of enormously disproportionate large and epic stone walls?

Does it annoy you that every time you assault such fortifications, the MG42`s that each tower has got mounted on them obliterate half of your assault units?

Do you want to get rid of `em all?

Well, good for you. :dozey:

Goodbye.

:shout:

Ah, yes... :grin: so that`s why I edited the export_descr_buildings.txt on the Rome - Total War\EB\Data folder.

File Link (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=928)

Simply:

1º Download this file

2º Backup your original export_descr_buildings.txt file located on your Rome - Total War\EB\Data. It should weight 9.300 KB more or less.

3º Extract the downloaded file to the Rome - Total War\EB\Data folder, and replace the existing file.

This file is save game compatible, but I`m not certain if this eliminates the existing large and epic stone walls (the ones which have already been builded on the strat map).

But what it sure does do is taking those pesky structures off the building browser for every faction. :rolleyes:

Have fun!:rtwyes:

Chuffy
12-17-2006, 15:06
This is made of win and awesome and saves me having to do it myself. :p

I can't understand why the team decided to keep these ridiculous walls in the game...

Teleklos Archelaou
12-17-2006, 18:19
If you don't want to download a nine megabyte file, just add "and hidden_resource not_here" to the requirement lines for whatever building you don't want. In EDB. (backup first of course)

blacksnail
12-20-2006, 04:40
This is made of win and awesome and saves me having to do it myself. :p

I can't understand why the team decided to keep these ridiculous walls in the game...
Frankly this was rather low on the list of priorities. Getting the game working was priority 1. Getting new units in the game was priority 2. That was pretty much the sum total of 0.8. We certainly haven't forgotten walls, but they're far, far down that list.

hoom
02-11-2007, 12:05
Much better to do what has been done by Sleepysmoo as here (http://forums.totalrealism.net/showthread.php?t=1252&highlight=Sleepysmoo)

Southern Hunter
03-15-2007, 00:58
Much better to do what has been done by Sleepysmoo as here (http://forums.totalrealism.net/showthread.php?t=1252&highlight=Sleepysmoo)

That looks brilliant. Gets my vote for incorporation into the mod.

Suraknar
03-18-2007, 09:15
If you don't want to download a nine megabyte file, just add "and hidden_resource not_here" to the requirement lines for whatever building you don't want. In EDB. (backup first of course)

So if I remove "and hidden_resource not_here" from the epics in 81a, I can re-enable.

I saw em still on the list in the buildings file, and thought they were prolly disabled via hidde ressource, but I wanted to verify on the forum before.

I like Epic Walls :) More challenging sieges!

Thanks.

Teleklos Archelaou
03-18-2007, 18:21
That is correct DS.

mucky305
04-30-2007, 14:04
If you re-enable the epic walls, you'll have to write a description for them as well unless you don't mind the Warning!! in the description sheet when you click on them. I always liked the Epic walls, just made them only available to the big factions and only for huge cities. I just always felt that the reason that armies sieged instead of assault was because it was so dang dangerous. I also put the foundries back in for the big factions. Now I've got a slugfest w/ Ptolemy and Seleukid! WOOO!!! The blood! Rhegion has been conquered twice (I'm Romans) and the last surviving member of the Cotta family (all others have been killed) is on his way to rome for a triumph celebrating the re-conquest of the italian peninsula.