PDA

View Full Version : the ONLY mp issue imo

InDaKnight
12-12-2006, 07:20
Due to some compatibility issues with different versions of the game, some users may experience difficulties playing multiplayer games. Specifically, users with download versions of the game will temporarily not be able to play against users with DVD versions (and vice versa). Also, users with different language versions may also experience trouble.

SEGA and The Creative Assembly are working on this issue and will post an update as soon as it has been resolved. Until then, please know you should have no problems playing the single player campaign.

- Sega FAQ

This is killing me!! How long can it take? Shouldn't some quick fix be coming out first to the tons of people currently left out of multiplayer. Whats more important to everyone who paid the premium download price. I say premium cause it came with no manual no box no case for the same price as the store bought one and it's half a product!

So what I'm done enjoying the single player product give me what I orginally bought the game for. Sry to be a spoiled child, but why are CA waiting to release a fix for me? I don't give a rats ass about a timturdian elephant bug or guys carrying torches in the wrong hand, I want to play MP like everyone else does! GAH!

ElmarkOFear
12-12-2006, 10:19
Is this the same Inda I used to play with as ElmarkOFear and UglyElmo during the old MTW MP days?

CeltiberoMordred
12-12-2006, 14:37
Is this the same Inda I used to play with as ElmarkOFear and UglyElmo during the old MTW MP days?

I think so, KenchiInda.

Back to topic, I'm agree, this one and language version incompatibility are the biggest issues.

As the official statement says, don't worry. You will be able to play online soon (I hope this week).

See you in foyer :)

Orda Khan
12-12-2006, 17:28
Yes indeed, what a mess

.......Orda

ElmarkOFear
12-12-2006, 19:34
This would have to be the number one problem for CA's patch, unless they still don't give MP the respect it deserves.

CeltiberoMordred
12-12-2006, 21:09
In fact it has been a main worry, and also the reason for the delay releasing the patch:

http://p223.ezboard.com/fshoguntotalwarfrm55.showMessage?topicID=11286.topic

Hi guys,

Ok here’s another progress report on the update just to keep you guys in the loop. The update is currently going through specific testing in the US to ensure that the issues with the multiplayer incompatibility with digital distributed versions is fixed. Once this is confirmed, we’ll update the current list of fixes included in the update and, all being well, we’ll be able to post this list for you tomorrow. It’s then a case of preparing the bandwidth and mirror download sites so very soon we’ll be able to give you a confirmed release date for the update itself. Again, many thanks for your patience - we’ll keep you updated as we have developments.

Thanks,

Mark O'Connell
aka SenseiTW