PDA

View Full Version : Autoresolve ONLY Mod. Deleting textures/units to speed up the game

userfriendly
12-13-2006, 01:20
Since I only play on auto resolve I never see textures. Never ever.
Would it be possible to replace them with 1 byte files (all textures and models or parts of them from the game) with appropriate names in order to speed the game up?

Would it be possible to modify the map in such a way as to make the underlying texture of the battlefields unimportant and easily modded out?

All in the name of speed

thank you

Casuir
12-13-2006, 06:15
I think not until the unpacker is released but if you never see them what benefits could you gain from changing them?

userfriendly
12-13-2006, 08:16
The benefits of not having them loaded into memory

I do not know if the textures of units contribute anything to how fast or slow the game is. If the textures of units do decrease the speed by being loaded into memory then replacing them with a smaller file woudl spead thing up

no?

I am asking regarding Total War series of games in general not MTW@ in particular. Currently I am engaged by EB and it is dog slow

I know the size of the map affects the speed of game play. But do not know if textures do.

Casuir
12-13-2006, 22:42
Unit and battlemap textures shouldnt effect the speed of the campaign game, they're loaded as needed prior to a battle.