PDA

View Full Version : Middle Ages: Interactive

Patriarch of Constantinople
12-13-2006, 06:19
This is my first interactive, so bear with me here, and decided to do it on the Middle Ages.

Ok so here are the Nations:

First Bulgarian Empire
Serbia
Leon- Ignoramus
Castille
Galicia
Barcelona
Aragon
Navarra
The Kingdom of France- Warluster (Robert the Second)
The Kingdom of England- Csar (Ethelred the Unready)
The Holy Roman Empire- Comrade Alexeo (Kaiser Otto III)
Kingdom of Sicily- IrishArmenian
Byzantine Empire- Hannibal99 (Basil II)
The Seljuk Turks (later Ottoman, after capturing Constantinople)- Destroyer of Hope (Seljuk)
The Moors- Hepcat
Spain-
Russia-
Khitan Empire- Conquerer
Song Dynasty- Motep dra Uha Dnia Mazzat (Sung T'ai Tsu)
Japan-
Venice-
Papal States- CountArach
Egypt

Ok let me explain how this works. I will give choices the player nations will be able to choose from (ie, Holy Roman Empire 1. Attack France 2. Raise defences 3. build castles). When all the choices are in, I will write a chapter that tells what happened.

Battles: When battles occur, I will give a list of available units, you choose up to 5 (NOTE: numbers matter, so do other things like spearmen vs cavalry). ie, Holy Roman Empire: Gothic Cavalry, germanic Spearmen etc. Once the unit choices are PMed to me, I will write the battle. Depending on the number and quality of the troops, one will win.

NOTE: if anyone wants to conduct battle better, please please please PM me with your suggestion. It will make the game less bias against a certain side.

Relations:
Byzantine Empire is at war with the Seljuk Turks
Spain is at war with the Moors
Mongolia is at war with China

Diplomacy:Alliances grant both sides military access to each others countries. Allies are also expected to help each other in times of war.
(No DOWS just an idea i dont like anymore)
Government: Really there is no government. I do need some things though:

A list of troops the faction historically had (ie Holy Roman Empire Gothic Cavalry).

And leaders of the Nations. The year is 1000 so look up the ruler of your nation during 1000.

Any suggestions are very appreciated.

Csargo
12-13-2006, 06:29
I'll play as England.

Warluster
12-13-2006, 06:32
I will play as France.

Warluster
12-13-2006, 06:40
Frances Leader-Robert the Second

Units-

Royal Knights
Knights
Foot Knights
Mounted Man-at-arms
Mounted Sergeants
Men at Arms
Crossbowmen
Town Militia
Feudal Sergeants
Spearmen
Archers

Is that enough, is it all?

Lord Winter
12-13-2006, 06:44
I'll take the sejuks

12-13-2006, 06:47
before i launch this thing, i need the holy roman empire, spain and the moors to start this.

Warluster
12-13-2006, 06:48
I know some one who might want to play, I just go get them.

12-13-2006, 06:52
logging off.....be back some other time

Warluster
12-13-2006, 06:58
Do you need any other info on France?

Conqueror
12-13-2006, 12:15
Hi, can I play as the Mongols?

12-14-2006, 01:21
Ok added.

Remember, we need China, Holy Roman EMpire, Moors and Spain before i launch this

Motep
12-14-2006, 01:29
I will take the role of China!

Comrade Alexeo
12-14-2006, 03:02
I will take the Holy Roman Empire, led by Kaiser Otto III.

12-14-2006, 03:22
UPDATE:

Since Italy was not unified, I have decided to take out the Italy nation and instead put the major italian city states, such as venice.

Comrade Alexeo
12-14-2006, 03:26
With respect it is Comrade Alexeo, not Comrade Alexo :beam:

Motep
12-14-2006, 03:55
Leader: Sung T'ai Tsu

I suppose they had cavalry, Chu' ko' nu ( a very quick firing crossbow ...thing), steel armed infantry (chinese were masters of metalurgy), a kick-ass navy, and great siege weaponry, Archers,

Comrade Alexeo
12-14-2006, 04:17
Gar... I just bolded the "e" for emphasis because it wasn't present the first time. It's just Comrade Alexeo - sorry about the confusion!

As for the HRE military: From some quick researching now and my own idle studying of it before, I know that the HRE essentially had similar armies to the rest of Europe, although as a rule they were "heavier" - that is to say, their formations were larger, they wore more armor (some of the best in Europe), and used somewhat larger horses. As the Kaiser is an elected man, this means that while some of his more ambitious deputies may be somewhat disloyal, the typical German soldier is fiercely loyal (if only because of a sense of German proto-nationalism). More bureaucratic compared to other European states, HRE armies can be slow to assemble but are usually in better shape when they do.

Csargo
12-14-2006, 05:51
I will take the Holy Roman Empire, led by Kaiser Otto III.

That should be Emperor not Kaiser.

12-14-2006, 05:57
Interactive STARTED

Here are the first choices:

England

1. Attack Scotland? Moderate
2. Build up defences in case of war with Scotland/France?
3. Declare war on France? Moderate/Hard

France

1. Build up defences in case of war with England?
2. Maintain current Neutrality?

The Holy Roman Empire

1. Invade Poland? Moderate
2. Invade France? Moderate
3. Nothing, just wait

Mongolia

1. Invade China? Not advised, tough fights ahead
2. Nothing

China

1. Invade Japan? Moderate/Hard
2. Invade Mongolia?

Seljuk Turks

1. Invade Byzantium?
2. Invade Egypt?
3. Nothing

Byzantium:

1. Invade Seljuk Turks?
2. Invade the Balkans?
3. Nothing

CountArach
12-14-2006, 07:00
If I play as the Papal States, would I be considered the Pope? If so, then I am playing as them. If not, then sign me up as Spain.

Conqueror
12-14-2006, 13:09
Since we're at the year 1000, Mongolia isn't really a viable faction choise. The Mongols didn't become a major player until the 13th century. For this time period we should instead use the Khitan Empire (Liao Dynasty), which was a powerful state of steppe nomads that ruled over much of Mongolia, Manchuria and northern China. They also had forced the Koreans to be their vassal state. The emperor of the faction in 1000 AD was Liao Shengzong. Units would include typical steppe warriors: light horse archers and heavily armored noble horsemen. Since the Liao Dynasty is ruling over northern Chinese territory they should also be able to make use of some chinese troops.

IrishArmenian
12-15-2006, 00:38
May I play as the Sicillians?

Lord Winter
12-15-2006, 02:15
Ruler: Sultan Slejuk

Units:
Arab infentry
Sultens guards
Arab calvery (light)
Mameluke cavalry
Persien Lancers (heavy)
Levy Spearmen
Archers
Pikemen

The Sejuks would like to propose an end to this pointless war to the byzintines. We would much rather turn against the hertics in egypt then watch to powers spend countless lifes over a war that most likley will only gain a small sliver of the others land.

12-15-2006, 02:16
If I play as the Papal States, would I be considered the Pope? If so, then I am playing as them. If not, then sign me up as Spain.

Yes but you have no power over the other factions

Warluster
12-15-2006, 02:19
Official Note sent out by Robert the Second of France,
I,King of France,officially declare France under Half control of the Pope, we will serve all requests. Any special requests declared by the Ruler of The Papal States will be followed obiedently by the Kingdom of France,

12-15-2006, 02:22
Ruler: Sultan Slejuk

Units:
Arab infentry
Sultens guards
Arab calvery (light)
Mameluke cavalry
Persien Lancers (heavy)
Levy Spearmen
Archers
Pikemen

The Sejuks would like to propose an end to this pointless war to the byzintines. We would much rather turn against the hertics in egypt then watch to powers spend countless lifes over a war that most likley will only gain a small sliver of the others land.

Agreed, Byzantium has decided to end a war with the Seljuks and recognize their territory, and has instead focused in securing the balkans.

Warluster
12-15-2006, 02:42
Declare by King of France,

I,King of France,Declare that France and Byzantine have entered into an alliance and would not like to declare any info on it right now,

12-15-2006, 02:44
France and Byzantium has announced an Alliance

Motep
12-15-2006, 02:51
To my neighbors the north, I would like to propose an alliance. A war with our people would be futil at the moment.

Comrade Alexeo
12-15-2006, 04:22
Csar... the word "kaiser" means "emperor" in German :2thumbsup:

And speaking of which, IC:

To the King of the Britons Ethelred the Unready

After careful consideration, His Most Pious Majesty Holy Roman Kaiser Otto the Third has decided that he wishes to conduct negotiations with your Eminence. He would be most appreciative if you were to send a representative to the Imperial Court at Frankfurt in order to engage in discussions of a diplomatic nature. It would please der Kaiser further if you would audit your military assets so as to streamline possible military-cooperation discussions.

Regards,
Baron Sigmund von Wilhelm of Bavaria
Deputy Commissioner of Kaiser Otto the Third of the Holy Roman Empire

CountArach
12-15-2006, 08:54
Message from his most Holy Pope Silvester II to Robert the Second of France:

My sons in France, the Pope accepts with great joy your bequeath of estates. It is truly a great thing to see that the Holy Spirit still imbues so many men on God's great Earth. The Lord appreciates this gesture and you have earned a special place next to Him.

OOC: Once the Pope Dies, I will post it here. Here is the full list of Popes in this time:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_popes#Began_AD_1000-1249

Warluster
12-15-2006, 09:01
Thankyou great leader we hope to serve you well.

CountArach
12-15-2006, 10:25
Message from the most Holy pope Silvester II to all Catholic peoples:

My firends in God, a viscious plague is infesting God's green Earth! The Moors! These people are an abomination in his eyes, and they spread the most foul word of their religion, saying that ours is not the true Lord! This slight upon the name on all that is Holy shall not go unpunished! We urge all good Catholics to lend as much aid as possible to the glorious Kingdom of Spain in their most Holy work in ridding Europe of these most foul peoples. Also, much work should be done to spread the true faith, so send your most pious of men into the Moorish lands to preach the word of our Lord.

Yours in Faith, Pope Silvester II

Warluster
12-15-2006, 10:42
We,Kingdom of France,offer all avabile troops to rid Spain of its pain. But France has one question Great one, are you calling for a crusade? If the Moors do not leave Spainwithin 6 months, the Moors will feel the wrath of Europe!!

CountArach
12-15-2006, 10:45
We,Kingdom of France,offer all avabile troops to rid Spain of its pain. But France has one question Great one, are you calling for a crusade? If the Moors do not leave Spainwithin 6 months, the Moors will feel the wrath of Europe!!

No my Son, God teaches the way of peace. However, it is as you say. If in 6 months they are not rid of these lands, then the Swords of War will plunge into their so-called Kingdom!

OOC: Each of my Popes are going to have a different character... should make it interesting. I can't wait for the crazy warmongerer!

Conqueror
12-15-2006, 12:12
To my neighbors the north, I would like to propose an alliance. A war with our people would be futil at the moment.
We will accept this proposal.

To Hannibal99: could you please change my faction to the Khitan Empire? They're the ones in control of Mongolia in this time period, and the most powerful neighbour of the Chinese (Song Dynasty). Also while I'm obviously not invading China, I don't like the option of doing nothing either. I will send envoys to the west (central Asian steppes) and demand that the local Khans pay tribute to me.

Motep
12-15-2006, 15:02
I will move toward westward. Behind the wastes of the deserts, there is much good land to be held. So long as we do not make the mistakes that the huns made oh so long ago, our empire may become great!

To the Khitan Empire: I hope that we may find your backing upon this proposal. You, naturally, will recieve half of the lands gained in the conquest.

Warluster
12-15-2006, 23:36
OOC-Hey Motep, do you play china?

Motep
12-15-2006, 23:38
yes I do.

Warluster
12-15-2006, 23:38
OOc-Never Mind, I just read your signature...

IC- To the Empire Of China,

We would like if you could supply maps on your current empire area? If so we could possibly supply you some.

12-16-2006, 05:02
the HRE, Mongolia and China have not given me there choices. If not given in the next week, i will declare the choice "NOTHING"

Warluster
12-16-2006, 05:04
Come on everyone put in ya choices! I can not wait till the next chapter!:yes:

Motep
12-16-2006, 05:07
oh...sorry bout that.

Warluster: I have pmed you the maps.

12-16-2006, 05:19
Ive shortened it down to 1 day to give me those choices.

Motep
12-16-2006, 05:20
The choice is in your inbox!!!

12-16-2006, 05:26
i know

Warluster
12-16-2006, 05:39
It is all the other people Motep, you know, HRE and Mongolia?

Comrade Alexeo
12-16-2006, 06:15
I'm waiting on a response from England (Csar) on something. I'll make my choice as soon as he responds!

Conqueror
12-16-2006, 11:14
PMd you my choise Hannibal.

12-16-2006, 11:14
GRRRRR im tired of waiting, heres the chapter

The Kingdom of England has raised defenses, maybe for attacks by Scotland or attacks by Frenchmen. Whoever it is, they will have to get through these defenses before they reach England. The Seljuk Turks have sent in troops to Egypt, and used hit and run styles to wear out the Egyptian army, more on this later. Byzantium has built forts and castles. The Kingdom of France has decided to build castles on the coasts, in case of (English?) attack. The Song Dynasty and the Khitan Empire has declared an alliance, and China moves their forces westward, and has increased its army recruitment to defend against attack. The Khitan Empire has moved out to unify the warring Mongolian Nomads under them. The Pope has encouraged the Catholic rulers to invade Iberia and expel the Moors, in order to sweep Islam out of Europe. The HRE has done nothing.

Warluster
12-16-2006, 11:57
Ah...Not to be rude, but do we have decisions?

12-16-2006, 11:59
Well coming from you, the guy who always takes the longest time to put choices, i am making them now.

Warluster
12-16-2006, 12:04
:laugh4: I guess so:laugh4:

Warluster
12-16-2006, 12:06
BTW-This Interactive is great!

CountArach
12-16-2006, 21:17
So is your spam Warluster....

IrishArmenian
12-16-2006, 22:24
The Current leader of Sicily right now is Roger Guiscard, correct?

Comrade Alexeo
12-17-2006, 00:54
IC:

Reichstag Headquarters
Frankfurt
Holy Roman Empire

It had been twenty minutes since the British emissary had been ushered into the small chamber, but he did not get impatient.

Not this time; he'd gone through this before, when he had arrived in Frankfurt in response to the Germans' request for diplomatic discussions, he had sat in a small chamber with naught but the deaf-mute manservant Humphrey to wait upon him.

And here he was yet again, he thought. It was a different chamber, to be sure, branching off the Reichstag's council room instead of the Kaiser's palace - although by appearances one could not know that; the rooms were identical in every way. There was even another deaf-mute manservant there - Hubert this time - standing in the exact same spot Humphrey had in the other room; right by a small table with bread, cheese, and a small pitcher of water.

And, just like last time, Hubert had the uncanny ability to know exactly when the emissary wanted his glass refilled or more bread or cheese on his plate; right as the emissary was about to even think about gesturing, Hubert moved.

Just like last time, this both angered and impressed the emissary - although mostly he was just bored. He mentally went over what King Ethelred had told him...

...and then, from some unknown cue, Hubert moved from the small table and opened the door to the chamber right as a squire who was busy adjusting his tunic walked in.

"Your Eminence, I apologize for the delay," - a blatant lie, as the Germans often observed people in such ways, although the emissary was unaware of this - "but I am here to lead you to the Reichstag's main audience chambers. I trust that Hubert did not cause you any trouble?"

He had received this query in his earlier visit about Humphrey, and once again the emissary sighed to himself, No, of course not. The Germans might be bureaucratic, so level-headed as to appear emotionless, obsessive... yes, they had all these "faults", if you could call them that, but they were certainly respectful of hospitality. The emissary reminded himself of an old court maxim: the Germans are perfect - notoriously so.

The emissary replied in the negative.

"Very good, very good. Now if Your Eminence will please follow me."

They walked down the hallway until they reached the entrance to the audience chambers. Now for the usual diplomatic procedure, the emissary thought, as the squire left him to give his formal introduction.

A pause of a few seconds, and then the Briton walked into the chambers, tall and erect. German horns made a short "taa-taa-TAA" and the Reichstag members stood and bowed their heads.

The emissary did likewise.

He stared straight ahead at the senior body of the Council of Electors - the highest noblemen in the Reich, who would elect the next Kaiser. He saw the Bavarian Baron, Sigmund von Wilhelm, that he had seen before, although of course neither acknowledge each other's presence.

This was the classic "diplomatic pause" of the Reichstag; everyone in the room simply stared at the emissary, and the emissary in turn would either stare straight ahead, unflinching (if he were good at his job), or he would not (if he was poor at it), and thence the discussions would begin from that basis.

Once again, after some silent cue the members of the Reichstag sat down. To the emissary's left was the Secular Bench of the Council of Princes - consisting of other noblemen - and to his right was the Ecclesiastical Bench, consisting of various Bishops and clerics. Seated next to them to finish the "U" shape of the audience chamber were the two Colleges - Swabia and the Rhine - of the Council of Imperial Cities.

Then the Baron Sigmund von Wilhelm opened the negotiations.

OOC:

England and the Holy Roman Empire have declared alliances with one another. They are also planning a future joint campaign against France, although not as of yet; England has insisted that it must fortify itself first, and the Reichstag has decided in turn to simply wait (option 3), although even now Kaiser Otto III and his advisors are discussing various campaign plans.

Warluster
12-17-2006, 04:56
France wil not stand up to this! A joint campaign against France, you will pay! I have the backing of an alliance with the pope! He will not let this stand, you dare declare war, and,and..you will see!

12-17-2006, 05:07
Holy Roman Empire:
1. Declare war on France
2. Nothing
3. Declare war on Poland

France:
1. Delcare war on the Anglo-German alliance
2. Call on the Pope to excommunate the Anglo-German alliance for their threats of attacking fellow Catholics

England:
1. Declare war on Scotland
2. Declare war on France
3. Send troops to the HRE navally

Papal States:
1. Excommunate the Anglo-German alliance for their threats against fellow Catholics
2. Call crusade against the Moors

Seljuk Turks:
1. Continue the war in Egypt
2. Invade Persia
3. Invade Arabia

Byzantium:
1. Attack the HRE
2. Attack the Seljuks

Sicily:
1. Invade North Africa
2. Invade Sardinia

China:
1. Invade Japan
2. Invade Vietnam

Mongolia
1. Continue unification
2. Expand into Siberia

12-17-2006, 05:09
Diplomacy as of 1000 month 1

Byzantium and France are allied
England and the Holy Roman Empire are allied

Spain is at war with the Moors

France/Byzantium & England/Holy Roman Empire are not on good terms.

Comrade Alexeo
12-17-2006, 05:32
Erm... OOC means "Out of Character/Context"...

...meaning you don't know what England and the HRE are up to.

12-17-2006, 05:34
Honestly Alexeo, if you dont want people to know that DONT SAY IT.

Warluster
12-17-2006, 05:34
Or maybe. instead of going OOC and saying what you're countries doing. And us pretending we dont know whats happening, why not say anything and PM that to Hannibal99?

12-17-2006, 05:37
Or simply DONT SAY IT.

My choices stay.

Comrade Alexeo
12-17-2006, 05:38
Jeeeeeeeeeeeeez...

I'm just used to a different style of roleplaying, that's all. I'll stop for now but, man, calm down please...

12-17-2006, 05:51
I am calm. I just don't think I should change anything because it was "ooc".

Motep
12-17-2006, 06:25
France wil not stand up to this! A joint campaign against France, you will pay! I have the backing of an alliance with the pope! He will not let this stand, you dare declare war, and,and..you will see!

Ha! I hAVE NO RESON TO BE MEDDLING IN THE AFFAIRS OF wESterners (sorry caps lock was on) But I will have reason soon enough (bwahahahahahahahahhahaha) As a precourser to this event, I will an emmisarry (the dude carring this message) to, welll,....meddle. I shall be in the region soon enough.

The Emperor of The Sung Empire

OOC p.s. thought that the post in question was hilarious.

Warluster
12-17-2006, 06:28
OOC-Lol

IC- Great, now we have china coming over here, "Sorry Mate,this place is already a little full!'

IrishArmenian
12-17-2006, 06:52
The King would like to express his displeasure at this war among fellow Catholics: We are all of the same stock, and what has provoked this? Has an injury been caused by France on England or the Holy Roman Empire. I see no sign of one, and unless one is brought up this war is a countless power play which will lead to excommunication from our most fair and honest Pope. We should not be quarrelling amongst ourselves, rather, we should join forces and combat the heathens who seek to destroy us!

12-17-2006, 06:54
NEW RULE

If you want to keep things secret with your allies/almost allies, do not post them pubically. It will not matter if it is out of character. If things need to be kept private, PM each other.

Motep
12-17-2006, 06:57
I had a pps made of solid gold....but sadly the computer #$%^& up and now i am stuck replicating the @#$%.

To Hannibal. Sent half of my armies westward into the middle east. Caqrry on with my first plan as usula.

To The Khitan empire: I hope to have your military support on this. As stated before, you will gain half of the lands conquered. I hope for our two nations to merge as one (not by war) and that we shall rule, Side by side, and dominate the world! Okay, not the whole world but a grand piece of it. ( aka, I hope for our nations to become one, united empire)

Warluster
12-17-2006, 07:07
The King of Sicily is right, I propose to the nations of Europe that, as the Sicilian king mentioned, if one was to declare war they will be excommuncated and be severly punished, during and after the war. Plus all nations are to ally on that one nation. Do the nations of Europe Accept this offer?

Motep
12-17-2006, 07:11
Do not misread our intentions. They are not to harm the peoples of Europe, only to reach you. It will be grand if we were neighbors, would it not?

Warluster
12-17-2006, 07:22
We were not really saying just saying China we meant ALL invaders.

Motep
12-17-2006, 07:23
Are ypu implying that I threaten you folk!?

Warluster
12-17-2006, 07:25
No, we were saying All invaders which came, not china, all invaders.

Motep
12-17-2006, 07:27
ok.

Warluster
12-17-2006, 07:38
France and China have allied under terms.

CountArach
12-17-2006, 07:42
Message from the Pope to all good and true Catholic Nations:

There has been a suggestion lately that if a Catholic nation were to attack their brothers of the faith, then they should be excommunicated. I, as God is my witness, declare this to be Rome's official policy. All who threaten violence on their neighbours will receive a warning, and should donate to the Church's fund to prove that they still believe in the true word of God.

OOC: Isn't 1 turn = 1 month a little slow?

12-17-2006, 07:49
Not really. I think one month is perfect.

Motep
12-17-2006, 07:50
Greetings, good pope. I hope you may not judge my nation on the fact that we do not practice your religion. Our people have no grievance against one another, wold you accept a proposal of alliance?

Conqueror
12-17-2006, 12:20
To The Khitan empire: I hope to have your military support on this. As stated before, you will gain half of the lands conquered.
I will send an army to help this conquest and to occupy my half of the gained territories.

I hope for our two nations to merge as one (not by war) and that we shall rule, Side by side, and dominate the world! Okay, not the whole world but a grand piece of it. ( aka, I hope for our nations to become one, united empire)
What you suggest is madness. As there can be but one sky above the world, so can there be but one ruler in an empire. Unless you wish to step down and let the House of Liao rule the unified empire, this will not be agreed to.

To Hannibal99: I will choose option 1. Continue unification, although with a less aggressive pace. In addition to sending aid for my Chinese allies.

IrishArmenian
12-17-2006, 22:35
It is agreed. I, Roger of Sicily, pledge to defend Europe and Rome with my life and my kingdom. Enemies of Rome are enemies of mine, but this is not a message of war: friends of Rome are welcom in Sicily. No european nation shall have quarrels with each other and we shall all prosper together. We eagerly await the response of England.
O Emperor of China, I will ally with you if you ally with me. Europe has much to learn from you. We both have goods that would be exotic commodities in the opposite land. What say you?

Ignoramus
12-17-2006, 22:41
Can I join?

Warluster
12-17-2006, 22:45
OOC-Yay! Another player!

IC-Finnaly Europe is dawning on an age of understanding, thank you sicily for accepting the offer, please all other nations of europe, understand that if we unite against other invaders,they will nver getin!

Warluster
12-17-2006, 22:47
Hey Ignoramus,contact Hannibal99 if ya want ta play, he is the boss, but what country ya wanna play?

12-17-2006, 23:14
*gasps*! Whats this, new nations? Yes!

First Bulgarian Empire
Serbia

And since Spain (I'll keep them still)wasn't unified, I shall make the christain kingdoms of the reconquista:

Leon
Castille
Galicia
Barcelona
Aragon
Navarra

https://img19.imageshack.us/img19/778/791pxhispania4czs1.jpg (https://imageshack.us)

Orange is the Moors
Spain yellow

CountArach
12-18-2006, 06:40
Greetings, good pope. I hope you may not judge my nation on the fact that we do not practice your religion. Our people have no grievance against one another, wold you accept a proposal of alliance?

I am afraid that that would be quite impossible. The Papacy wishes to remain strictly neutral at this time. Furthermore, we cannot have an allaince with a heathen nation. If you were to convert to Catholicism, however, then there would be a chance.

IrishArmenian
12-18-2006, 16:34
The King wishes to protest the Pope's neutrality: Most wise and good Pope, why do you start and seem to fear that which sounds so good? The Sung Emperor is a kind, wise and prudent man. He has not blatantly killed Christians, nor has he blocked entrance to the Holy Lands. I have no qualms with you, Emperor. I will give you my word as an ally if you will me.
Out of Character: Bonus points to whoever finds the MacBeth reference.

Motep
12-19-2006, 00:41
And if you wish, good pope, I can secure these Holy lands for your people. I realize the inhabitants of the region have been cruel to you, and you to them, and I will secure these lands for you. I could not convert to your religion, my ancestors would turn from me. We have been Bhuddist for many long years and plan to continue being so.

Also, Good King of Sicily, I accept your proposal of Alliance. I hope you may prosper greatly fro our goods.

12-19-2006, 00:45
Seljuks ,holy Roman Empire, Give Me Your Choices!

12-19-2006, 01:24
Welcome Ignoramus
King of Leon.

Warluster
12-19-2006, 01:25
OOC-Is there a portugal faction?

Ignoramus
12-19-2006, 01:33
Ruler: King Alfonso V

Units:
Jinettes(Light Javelin Cavalry)
Knights
Men at Arms
Asturian Footmen(Light Spearmen)
Archers

Can I see my opitions for decisions, please?

Comrade Alexeo
12-19-2006, 06:22
OOC: Going to go with option 2 for now - "Nothing." Although I don't really like just doing "nothing" - can I at least increase border defences or something?

IC:

San Damaso Courtyard, Roma
6 May 1000

"Sir Johann von Coburg! Step forward! Schnell!"

"Jawohl herr Kommandant!"

And there he stood, resplendent in his silvered mail armor with the Imperial standard embalazoned on his black surcoat, waiting for the Archbishop of Frankfurt to speak thus:

"Ich schwöre, treu, redlich und ehrenhaft zu dienen dem regierenden Papst Silvestre Segundo und seinen rechtmäßigen Nachfolgern, und mich mit ganzer Kraft für sie einzusetzen, bereit, wenn es erheischt sein sollte, selbst mein Leben für sie hinzugeben. Ich übernehme dieselbe Verpflichtung gegenüber dem Heiligen Kollegium der Kardinäle während der Sedisvakanz des Apostolischen Stuhls. Ich verspreche überdies dem Herrn Kommandanten und meinen übrigen Vorgesetzten Achtung, Treue und Gehorsam. Ich schwöre, alles das zu beobachten, was die Ehre meines Standes von mir verlangt."

(""I swear to faithfully, honestly and honorably serve the reigning Pope Silvester II and his legitimate successors, and to dedicate myself to them with all my strength, ready to sacrifice, should it become necessary, even my own life for them. I likewise assume this promise toward the members of the Sacred College of Cardinals during the period of the Sede Vacante of the Apostolic See. Furthermore, I pledge to the Commandant and to my other superiors respect, fidelity, and obedience. I swear to abide by all the requirements attendant to the dignity of my rank.")

The Archbishop then handed von Coburg a flagpole with a strange symbol on the banner: a black eagle holding in its claws two crossed gold keys.

He took it in his left hand, and then raised his right hand high with his thumb, index, and middle fingers stretched in a crude cross to represent the Holy Trinity, and responded thusly:

"Ich, Johann von Coburg, schwöre, alles das, was mir soeben vorgelesen wurde, gewissenhaft und treu zu halten, so wahr mir Gott und seine Heiligen helfen."

("I, Johann von Coburg, swear to diligently and faithfully abide by all this which has just been read to me; may The Almighty and His Saints be my witnesses." )

Sir Johann von Coburg then removed his black surcoat and placed upon his person a white one, this time with the eagle/keys standard upon the chest.

Baron Sigmund von Wilhelm of Bavaria turned to Pope Silvester II and cocked an eyebrow. Silvester replied:

"And so it is."

The Baron smiled.

OOC:

OK, what has just happened:

The Holy Roman Empire has agreed to supply the Holy See one hundred German knights to serve as the Papal Guard (note that the Swiss Guard does not exist for a long time hence). The current Hauptmann (Captain) of the Guard is Conrad von Komburg, the Count of Swabia (he is included in the 100).

This is an exclusive arrangement, and only the current Pope can tell them what to do (which is basically escort him around). The Hauptmann has considerable freedom in "interpreting" orders, however, and, unbeknownst to the Pope or anyone else (please, just go with this), they previously swore sole fealty to the Holy Roman Empire, and so will not act against the Reich unless they have the Kaiser's blessing, either publicly (in the case of, say, a rogue lord causing trouble) or privately (i.e., by coded messages).

Most of that likely won't prove important though; for now, just remember that the Pope has a bodyguard - 100 fierce German knights.

(Note that the ceremony is essentially cribbed from the real Swiss Guard)

12-19-2006, 06:27
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!
England had declared war on France! This brings the Holy Roman Empire into the conflict, as well as Byzantium.

France has called upon the Pope to excommunate the Anglo-German alliance for their act. The Pope however, has declared a new war, a holy war, a Crusade against the Moors! He calls for every good Catholic nation to take up arms, settle differences and attack the Moors. Sicily was the first to respond, and invaded North Africa, landing at the ancient city of Carthage. Byzantium has responded to the Anglo-German threat with declaration of war on the Holy Roman Empire. The Holy Roman Empire was dragged into the conflict by England’s DOW. China has sent half of her armies to the- Middle East? These actions could interfere with the Seljuk. The Khitan Empire continues unification, but not exactly by aggression. They have diplomacy on their side.

Warluster
12-19-2006, 06:40
OOC-Also, France and China have made an alliance! So does that China is automatically at war with England And HRE because there my ally?

12-19-2006, 06:42
Yes.

Csargo
12-19-2006, 06:43
Yes.

That's not true it's there choice if they declare war or not

12-19-2006, 06:46
That's not true it's there choice if they declare war or not

Good point, New RUle

You can choose to not be involved in a war.

12-19-2006, 06:47
Byzantium sees no benefit to a war, and chooses not to get involved

CountArach
12-19-2006, 06:54
Message from the Pope to all good and true Catholic Nations:

My sons! A time has come, a time of warfare amaongst our own peoples! Why do we sit amongst one-another and bicker? Our pety squabling means nothing in God's eyes, however these is something that does mean something to Him. That is the war against the Moors. Follow Sicily's example my sons! Fight the heathens!

At this time I choose to not get involved in the War that has outbroken, however I will say this. England has been excommunicated. They are teh reason that this conflict has erupted. The French are not to blame, they are pious and innocent. The Holy Roman Empire, though it is at fault, has shown that it is dedicated to God by donating these knights to my cause. However, as said, I in no way sanction this war, and I am appauled that we, the civilised world, with our civilised tongues, could get distracted form proving ourselves in God's eyes. We must kill the Moorish menace! They must die!

Go in peace my sons, and with the protection of God.

Comrade Alexeo
12-19-2006, 07:18
Normally, it took the Reichstag and the Kaiser ages to decide anything. Indeed, they were in the middle of furious deliberations going absolutely nowhere when the found out that their ally, England, had been excommunicated.

Then the Holy Roman Empire struck!

((to all Catholic nations))

HIS MOST PIOUS MAJESTY HOLY ROMAN KAISER OTTO THE THIRD

HAS DECREED

THE FOLLOWING:

The Holy Roman Empire IS

1) APPALLED at the unwonted aggression of the English, and

2) AGREES with the Holy See in their excommunication of said faction, and

3) RECOGNIZES its treaty committments with England, and so

4) DEMANDS THE FOLLOWING TERMS BE MET:

that the English agree to temporarily suspend all hostilities with France
that England accept that all trade between said nation and the Holy Roman Empire shall cease until decree by the Kaiser
AND that the FRENCH COURT be placed on trial for HERESY, to be supervised by the illustrious Papacy, in recognition of their CORRUPTION and their alliance with HEATHENS from China.

If these terms are not accepted, then the Holy Roman Empire will have no choice but to consider itself in a STATE OF WAR with France in acknowledgment of standing agreements with the English, and preemptively APOLOGIZES to the Holy See for this unfortunate series of events.

As soon as the decree was made, the Reichstag once again started debating the best way to conduct future war.

Whilst they occupied themselves with that, Kaiser Otto III ordered the various lords and barons and dukes to call in their knights to their estates - except in the provinces bordering France, whereupon he also insisted that they call on their vassals in full in preparation for all-out war. The nobles in turn, while waiting for all of this to come to pass, doubled the number of border patrols and began discussions with their captains in their castles...

...where they waited.

12-19-2006, 07:30
AND that the FRENCH COURT be placed on trial for HERESY, to be supervised by the illustrious Papacy, in recognition of their CORRUPTION and their alliance with HEATHENS from China.

Now the Byzantine Empire will not stand by and watch our allies be persecuted like this. Byzantium is at a hostile state against the Holy "Roman" Empire.

CountArach
12-19-2006, 07:47
The Holy See applauds the Kaiser of the Holy Roman Empire in his search for peace, and he promises that accusations of Heresy wil be taken very seriously and dealt with. If he needs any monetary assistance in his war against the Byzantine Empire, then the Papacy's coffers are open. However, if hostile actions are taken against France, this offer will be closed.

Warluster
12-19-2006, 07:50
France is not allowed to ally with an nation so exotic!? Opening oppurtunitys into trade routes,money,inventions!?!? All you care about is serving under the Pope! He is great,but to keep an nation together you need peace,money and people, I am obvoiuously not going to find that in Europe!

Comrade Alexeo
12-19-2006, 07:52
OOC: Pardon my borrowing your character; it's only to establish the setting for a HRE action: :2thumbsup:

St. Peter's Church, Roma

Silvester II was troubled. His dream of a peaceful Catholic world was collapsing before his eyes.

England. Then France and England. Then the Holy Roman Empire, France, and England. And now the Byzantine Empire, the Holy Roman Empire, France, and England...

Oh bother, bother, bother! thought the Pope.

The news from the Byzantines was particularly troubling. Even before he could even consider the amazing decree made by Kaiser Otto III, now he had to consider facing a far wider pan-religious war.

Ah, yes... the Holy Roman Empire... what to do with them...

He recalled a comment made to him earlier that day by the Baron Sigmund von Wilhelm, just before he left to return to the Imperial Court:

"You see, Your Holiness? You see? First the Chinese pagans, and now the unfaithful Byzantines who bastardize Our Lord's teaching! France's leadership has surely been consumed by the Darkness if they consort with such foul creatures? You see, Your Holiness? You see?"

Ah, yes. Silvester II was indeed very troubled.

CountArach
12-19-2006, 07:55
OOC: Pardon my borrowing your character; it's only to establish the setting for a HRE action:

OOC: Any time my friend. I enjoy reading your story.

IC:

France is not allowed to ally with an nation so exotic!? Opening oppurtunitys into trade routes,money,inventions!?!? All you care about is serving under the Pope! He is great,but to keep an nation together you need peace,money and people, I am obvoiuously not going to find that in Europe!
France may ally with these heathens if she wishes, and the Alliance will be considered to be a great one, if it is found that there are no heretics amongst your ranks.

Warluster
12-19-2006, 08:20
I will make sure France is completly faithful! I could even money to the Papal States when the time comes!

12-19-2006, 08:37
Basil II walked down the court in Constantinople.

"Dear dear dear. What has Europe come to?" Basil II sat upon his throne.

Letter to the Pope:

Pope,

How do you side with these fake "Romans" who shun outside interaction? You be weary, as the Byzantine people have not agreed with your recent desicions about your people. Byzantine intervention is threatened.

Warluster
12-19-2006, 08:47
France is outraged at this show of de-morale, you;re just egging it on! Saying how much strife Europe's in. If we unite Europe will be invisble, c;mon, sign the alliance!

European Alliance

This alliance between the coutnries of Europe aims to unite all against dangers outside and inside. The terms are:

TERMS
If one declares ar against another, all are to gang up on them
The Pope should excommunicate them
We unite against ALL dangers
We help eachother out with rebellions
Never let one fall
Defend eachoter
Lend money to help

What do you say? Do we unite, or bicker?
We already have Sicily and France as members!
European Alliance Memebers-Sicily,France

European Alliance Siganature of French King and Sicilian king.

12-19-2006, 08:55
Byzantium does not wish to be part of the Western Catholic problems. We have our own plans.

Ignoramus
12-19-2006, 08:56
King Alfonso sighed. He saw the bickerings amongst the princes of Europe and despaired of receiving any assistance against the Moors.

Very well then, he said to his aide, we shall fight the infidel alone. We will not surrender our hope and faith as easily as they do. They have proved that the will of God is not their true cause.

12-19-2006, 09:00
IMPORTANT NEWS!!!

Gunpowder has been invented in China, and is used for celebration. They amaze yet scare many.

Emperor Otto III makes pilgrimage from Rome to Aachen and Gniezno (Gnesen), stopping at Regensburg, Meissen, Magdeburg, and Gniezno. Congress of Gniezno (with Boleslaw I Chrobry) was part of pilgrimage. In Rome, he builds the basilica of San Bartolomeo all'Isola, to host the relics of St. Bartholomew.

García IV of Pamplona, king of Pamplona (Navarre), count of Aragon, died today. Sancho Garcés III is the new king.

Motep
12-19-2006, 14:48
I cannot approve of the words from the HRE. We meant only to bring prosperity to our poples, not suffering.

OOC: I can bring you some fireworks to make you feel better!

CountArach
12-19-2006, 22:33
Delaration from the Holy See, Pope Silvester II, to King Alfonso

As you may not be aware, Sicily has landed on Moorish lands and are engagin them as you read this. However, it is true that you are bearing the brunt of this attack against the Moors. For this reason, the Papacy has openned its vaults to you. However, these funds must go to the war against the heretic.

Warluster
12-19-2006, 22:51
OOC-Who's the heretic?

IrishArmenian
12-19-2006, 22:52
O good and most wise Pope, why must you persecute France for their alliance with China. Sicily has an alliance with China. Thus, all members of the European Alliance have an alliance with China. We have forged unity, and yet the Kaiser seeks to drive us apart. Be wary of the Kaiser, he is planning something...

CountArach
12-20-2006, 04:00
OOC-Who's the heretic?

OOC: The Moors The one who I told you all to fight...:rolleyes:

O good and most wise Pope, why must you persecute France for their alliance with China. Sicily has an alliance with China. Thus, all members of the European Alliance have an alliance with China. We have forged unity, and yet the Kaiser seeks to drive us apart. Be wary of the Kaiser, he is planning something...

Then perhaps this European Alliance is not a good thing. It seems that you seek disunity in the world. I urge all other European Nations to avoid allying with the European Alliance.

How dare you level these allegations against the Kaiser! He is a true and pious man!

12-20-2006, 04:16
Basil II has noted the lack of actual fighting in the Holy War against the Moors. Patriarch Sergius II of Constantinople also notes the lack of the Popes interaction with other nations, and the ability not to keep his own children together. How do you think we of Byzantium have grown rich? Fearing this Catholic turmoil will spread to Byzantium, Basil II ordered that only France be able to enter our Empire.

12-20-2006, 04:25
Decisions:

Papal States:
1. Back the French in the war against the English
2. Expand Catholism into Moorish Iberia

Leon:
1. Attack the Moors, do not wait for help
2. Wait for help, it should come soon, right?
3. Unify the Spanish kingdoms

England:
1. Invade France's coast
2. Invade France through the Holy Roman Empire
3. Attack Scotland

France:
1. Invade England
2. Continue talks about a European Union
3. Invade Iberia, and assist Leon

Holy Roman Empire:
1. Attack France
2. Attack Poland
3. Continue forcing your demands

Seljuks:
1. Continue war in Egypt
2. Attack Arabia
3. Attack Persia

Byzantine Empire:
1. Excommunicate the Pope?
2. Attack Bulgaria
3. Attack Serbia

Sicily:
1. Continue fights in Tunisia, North Africa
2. Open a second front in Iberia

Song Dynasty:
1. Declare war on the Pope for his comments against you
2. Advance into Vietnam
3. Advance into Persia

Khitan Empire:
1. Continue the unification (should be done soon)
2. Advance into Siberia

Comrade Alexeo
12-20-2006, 05:07
Reichstag Headquarters
Frankfurt
Holy Roman Empire

"OUTRAGEOUS! ABSOLUTELY OUTRAGEOUS!"

"The Byzantines even now are threatening Vienna-"

"We've had no reports to suggest such a thing!"

"-we must strike back, and we must strike back now!"

"I concur! We have the Pope's blessing! We should not squander such an opportunity!"

"And leave ourselves open to France? Are you mad?"

"HOW DARE YOU-"

"Order! Order I say!"

"-YOU LOW-LIFE SON OF A-"

"Order!"

"The French would not dare attack us! They are already being placed on trial on heresy - assault would only cause them be burned with wet hay instead of dry!"

"-SLANDERING THE GOOD NAME OF MY FAMILY, WHICH GOES BACK-"

" To order! Order in Congress!"

"Your name is worthless, you cur!"

"Exactly! They are to be placed on trial - and because of us! Why wouldn't they attack? They have already lost everything - why not take what they can now?"

"-YOUR FATHER WAS NOTHING BUT A LYING SACK OF-"

"Shoot them all, I say! Let fly our arrows into Byzantium AND Paris! We control the Papacy now - we are the Kingdom of God!"

"BLASPHEMY! BLASPHEMY!"

"MY FATHER WAS MORE OF A MAN HIMSELF THAN THE REST OF YOUR LINEAGE PUT TOGETHER!"

"Order!"

"-FILTHY BLOODSUCKING HALF-WITTED SLEAZY SODOMITE PIGDOG!"

"The Baron Sigmund von Wilhelm of Bavaria!"

Instantly the room was silent.

Horns played, and the Baron, returned from Rome, entered the audience chambers, was bowed to by the Reichstag and bowed back, and spoke thus:

"Guten tag. I have just come from the Imperial Palace. Der Kaiser has ordered all noblemen in the Reich to call on their knights and vassals and asked for increased patrols along our borders with the Byzantines. At this point, he asks only that your vassals be organized into the groupings that they would be members of in case of war, and that you prepare your armouries to equip them as necessary. By no means should full mobilization and the actual equipping and arming of your vassals commence yet. It is at your discretion on how best to handle these tasks. That is all."

With that, the Baron bowed again, turned around smartly, and then exited the audience chambers.

Silence.

Then...

"And YOUR father was a low-life arse-sniffing mange-ridden toad-eyed foul-mouthed weasel!"

((Option 3, essentially, but gearing for war))

Csargo
12-20-2006, 05:18
Byzantium sees no benefit to a war, and chooses not to get involved

We're not at war with the Byzantine Empire.

Also you have no border with BE.

http://www.euratlas.com/big/big1000.htm

Comrade Alexeo
12-20-2006, 05:23
OOC: "Borders" here meaning "on that side of the Holy Roman Empire" :2thumbsup:

12-20-2006, 05:46
We're not at war with the Byzantine Empire.

Also you have no border with BE.

http://www.euratlas.com/big/big1000.htm

Remember, I am allied with France, when you declared war, I could have gotten involved. i decided not to.

12-20-2006, 06:00
Constaninople, Byzantium

The Senate is eerily quiet, then one Senator stood up

"The Holy Roman Empire clearly threatens the free world!"

"How? Did His Majesty say that Western Catholic problems remain in the West? If the Holy Roman Empire decides to reign supreme in Western Europe let them!"

"But their greed only hungers for more! Soon they will invade Italy, Poland, Russia, Bulgaria and eventually us!"

"We have never done anything to the Holy Roman Empire, why will they do anything to us?"

"They are an evil Kingdom and must be stopped!"

Basil was tired of this.

"SILENCE!"

The Senate room quickly fell silent, Senators sitting down.

"It is obvious that the Holy Roman Empire is a problem to France. I do not wish to be part of Western Europe's affairs. They have already shown they are not capable of unfiying themselves religously, and have yet to help Leon or Spain fight the Moors. Sicily is a nation I have admired. They can act out what they claim to do. Thus we have sent a diplomat to King Roger"

"BUT YOU SAID WE WILL NOT BE INVOLVED WITH WESTERN EUROPES AFFAIRS! IF WE MAKE AN ALLIANCE WITH THESE CATHOLICS THEIR TURMOIL WILL SPREAD TO BYZANTIUM!"

"Enough"

"YOU LIED TO THE SENATE, BASIL!"

'ENOUGH!, guards remove that Senator from the room"

Basil's guards siezed the Senator and dragged him out of the area. Senators murmured about it.

"Basil what will happen to that Senator?"

"He will be tried at outbursts against the Emperor and outbursts at fellow Byzantines, gentlemen"

And with that, escorted by his guards, Emperor Basil II left the Senate.

12-20-2006, 06:03
Der Kaiser has ordered all noblemen in the Reich to call on their knights and vassals and asked for increased patrols along our borders with the Byzantines

You don't have any border with me, unless Bulgaria falls.

IrishArmenian
12-20-2006, 07:06
OOC: The Moors The one who I told you all to fight...:rolleyes:

Then perhaps this European Alliance is not a good thing. It seems that you seek disunity in the world. I urge all other European Nations to avoid allying with the European Alliance.

How dare you level these allegations against the Kaiser! He is a true and pious man!
Good Pope, who else is fighting against the heathens as we speak? I honestly know Sons of Sicily are, but where are the other nations?

Warluster
12-20-2006, 07:21
Kings Palace-Paris
The king sat on his throne,waiting for the advisors to come in, they all filed into the throne room. The king raised his head, "Now,I am sure,gentleman that you know we are here today to discuss the current ways of our French Empire, right?" I murmur of Agreement went out, one advisor spoke out, "The European alliance wou-"He was cut off by another advisor, "The European alliance was a complete waste of time and money, Europe does not want Peace! Only war!!" The king looked at him, "What makes you think this?" he asked, the advisor looked at the king, "Well,for one sir, we offer it, the best terms, and they ignore it!! Complete Ignorance!!!! Only Sicily has enough decency to sign it!" The king looked angry, "Speak of no nation like that again! They are all comrades-in-arms!" Another advisor spoke out, "What if we,perhaps great one,invade Iberia and help Leon?" he siad in an helpful tone, the king was thinking for a while,during which the advisiors started speaking again, then the doors were flung open and a general walked in, the king looked up, "How DARE you just stroll in here!!" he roared. The gneral looked aplogetic, "Sorry sir, just I have one suggestion, we invade England?" at once a roar of protest went up, "Look what happened to them when they attacked us!?" , "We would go down to there level then!!", the king calmed them down, "I have decided that, we should at once help the cause of Christianity and help the Countrie of Iberia, other then the moors, we can then hopefully link up with Sicily?" A murmur of agreement went out, the decision was decided.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I choose option 3, invade Iberia and help Leon, and other countries there. All land won on the Iberian land is to be given to Portugal. All land won in Africa, I will keep. I will try and link up with Sicily.

CountArach
12-20-2006, 08:01
Message from the Pope Silvester II, Rome to all Catholic Nations

We have this constant bickering amongst ourselves, yet I can see that it has now gone too far to be cured, however I wish you all to follow the example of France and to fight the Heathens in Moorish Iberia. Leon needs all of the help she can get! If all of us can show our unification in the face of the Moorish menace, a stain on our great continent, then perhaps an alliance will be a good thing.

So I urge all people to enter the war against the Moors and to spread the cause of our true faith against them. If this can be done with unification, then we can sort out the political mess we have before us. The Papacy still wishes to remain neutral in the affairs of mainland Europe, yet I shall say this:

The Moors shall die.

I choose option 2.

Warluster
12-20-2006, 11:25
Thankyou Great Pope for mentioning France in its great effort to rid Iberia of them, rid the world of them! But there is also Sicily who are fighting the Moors, remember that they invaded Africa? Yes,they are helping as well, as mentioned in the European Alliance.

Warluster
12-20-2006, 11:53
France, on trial!? No one is trialling our great country!! We have done no such thing wrong!!! being blamed for unknown things, the only thing we have done wrong is suggest an allied Europe(No one other than Sicily and France want that) and to make minor changes in our country, we are being trialled because the HRE's OWN allies declared war, and HRE is complaining about Byzantium notioning war? When there very own allies (not to mention them) declared war on a fellow catholic country (France!!), it was lucky you gave those guards to the Pope or you would have been excommunictaed just like England! Think anout that one KAISER!!!

Conqueror
12-20-2006, 13:25
Khitan Empire:
1. Continue the unification (should be done soon)
2. Advance into Siberia
Option 1.

Motep
12-20-2006, 15:49
Emperor Sung T'ai Tsu has died last night. I, Emperor Kao Tsung, have been named emperor. I move to conquer the persians, and continue our plans to take your holy land for the pope. May we bothe benefit from this venture, and hopefuilly make amends.

Emperor Kao Tsung to the Pope.

(i choose option 3)

IrishArmenian
12-21-2006, 00:43
I choose to conitnue my fight against the Moors.

Warluster
12-22-2006, 04:49
OOC-Who has not posted in there decisions yet?

12-22-2006, 04:58
Leon

12-22-2006, 06:54
Ignoramus, you need to start being more active.

Heres the chapter.

It’s a sunny day out, a French soldier patrols the area. Until he sees something. English!

England has invaded France’s coast unopposed. This is due to France sending Her troops to Iberia to fight the Moors. The Pope, has sent hundreds of priests into Iberia to preach Catholism. It seems the war is not only being fought with swords. The Holy Roman Empire has continued pressing his demands on France and Europe, and has also geared the knights up for war. Sicily has captured Tunisia, and has moved on to Algeria. Byzantium’s Basil II declared war on Bulgaria. China has lost their Emperor, and the new Emperor orders the invasion of Persia. This could bring China and the Seljuks into conflict. The Seljuks have continued the war in Egypt. They have advanced as far as the Suez. The Egyptians are marching their army toward the Seljuks.

Warluster
12-22-2006, 08:02
What!! The English!!! There traitors!!! Pope!! How dare they!!Quick, get the Pope's phone number! :Ring Ring: "Who's speaking?" "Hello Mr.Pope, it is king of France,England just invaded!"
"thanks old chap, I'll be there in a tick!" OOC-Sorry for off topic..

Csargo
12-22-2006, 08:23
What!! The English!!! There traitors!!! Pope!! How dare they!!Quick, get the Pope's phone number! :Ring Ring: "Who's speaking?" "Hello Mr.Pope, it is king of France,England just invaded!"
"thanks old chap, I'll be there in a tick!" OOC-Sorry for off topic..

What did you expect?

Comrade Alexeo
12-22-2006, 08:24
Reichstag Headquarters
Frankfurt
Holy Roman Empire

"-SMELL LIKE CABBAGE!"

"How DARE you! My daughter smells of the sweetest roses - I think you mistake her for your OWN swine of a daughter!"

"Order! Order!"

"Quiet! All of you! This is madness!"

"YOU CALLOUS RAT-FACED LYING SACK OF-"

"We have more pressing matters at hand now!"

"And since when are you in charge, Adolf? Are you der Fuhrer now? The leader? Eh?"

"-UNCOUTH TACTLESS HANG-NAILED-"

"Order!"

"Dammit, Himmel, shut up!"

"BLASHPHEMY! BLASPHEMY!"

"-BUCK-TOOTHED SWINDLING-"

"Hans, messenger from the Imperial Palace!"

Silence, followed by horns.

Not that Hans would have heard them; he was, of course, a deaf-mute. He marched in, bowed (he was not bowed to, obviously), and nodded to the Baron Sigmund von Wilhelm of Bavaria.

The Baron left his seat and moved down to Hans, whereupon he was handed a small note. Sigmund bowed; Hans left; the note was opened.

"The Byzantines have invaded Bulgaria," he said calmly, almost apathetically, although in truth he was just as shocked as...

"OUTRAGE!"

"SCANDAL!"

"WAR-MONGERERS!"

In a flash the room was filled with the voices of the Reichstag, which were in no way coherent:

INSANETERRORTRAVESTYMUSTHEATHENWARARMYPOPEDISASTER

von Wilhelm raised a hand, and the room fell silent immediately.

"I will be arriving by the time you finish this note-"

"His Magnificent Illustriously Glorious Eminence, the Servant of Jesus Christ, the Servant of the Apostles, the Emperor of the World, the Most Pious Holy Roman Kaiser Otto the Third!"

Ta-ta-taaa!"

The doors opened and in walked the man - possibly the most powerful in Europe - himself.

A shudder ran through the room; a shiver down every lord and priest's spine.

Der Kaiser? Come to the Reichstag? Why?

Indeed, it was highly irregular, and at first Baron von Wilhelm, normally the quickest man in the Empire, stalled - should he return to his seat? Or wait where he was?

He stared at the little note while the Reichstag members rose and bowed - some so deeply they hit their heads upon the backs of the men in front of them - and then turned to the Kaiser:

"My liege, how... unexpected? We are humbled by your presence-"

Otto raised a hand and the Baron fell silent immediately.

Der Kaiser stared at the Reichstag, and the Reichstag stared back.

Something was wrong. Something was very, very wrong.

Otto III was privately considered - for of course they could not say so in public! - rather... soft by the members of the Reichstag. Not that he was necessarily a bad man or even inept, but generally occupied more with matters of the Church than the Empire, of the Kingdom of Heaven rather than the Kingdom of Germany. He enjoyed going on pilgrimages and collecting relics, and was not known for having a very forceful personality - that was the trademark of his Deputy Commissioner, Baron Sigmund von Wilhelm, whom everybody knew would succeed Otto...

"The Byzantines have invaded Bulgaria."

"Yes, my liege, we received your message-"

Raised hand. Silence.

"This cannot be tolerated. Our flank cannot be risked. The Duke Josef von Speyer of Carenthia will lead a campaign into Hungary and Croatia in order to normalize the situation. The Pope has already been informed that I consider this an essential part of our 'war' against the Byzantines, of which we have already received his blessing and promise of funds."

Then the Duke stood.

"I thank you, your excellency, for appointing me to this command."

Otto nodded, and the Duke sat down.

"Am I to take it, then, my liege, that we are indeed at war with the Byzantines?" This from Sigmund.

"Nein. I do not wish a full-scale war yet, and neither, I think, does Basil II. Duke von Speyer, under no circumstances are you to seek any actual engagement with Byzantine forces in the unlikely event that you encounter them. Take any means necessary to defend yourself, of course, and do not surrender the initiative - but do not take the offensive."

"Jawohl, mein Kaiser-"

"Under pain of death."

"Er... ja, ja, mein Kaiser. I shall do as you command."

"That is all."

And with that, Otto III left.

So began the preparations for war.

The previous planning of the Germans came in handy; the armouries quickly began to deplete as vassals were equipped with spears, shields, bows and arrows. Knights shared boastful tales of past glories and assured each other that it was they who would be the first to kill.

Slowly but surely, the force began to assemble at Klagenfurt. The Duke of Carenthia had placed under his command a small but ambitious force of some 3500 spearmen and 2000 bowmen, assembled from the gathered vassals; all received leather breastplates and helmets, and the spearmen large shields. Some 250 knights would travel alongside the Duke, and a siege train of two catapults (dismantled, their pieces in carts) rounded out the assortment.

Josef von Speyer was loathe to attack Hungary until he could assemble a greater force; he would first attack and take the small, weak Kingdom of Croatia, presenting an immediate front to the Byzantines while a more suitable army for invading Hungary was prepared.

Soon, very soon, the Roman Empires would meet head-on...

12-22-2006, 08:37
Senate Building, Constantinople

Basil II stood up, calmly, and announced

"Bulgaria is what we need to start the restoration of the Roman Empire"

"Sir, the Holy Roman Empire has become increasingly unfriendly, and this could mean a war" A senate rose, saying "And the Pope will call a war against us"

His Holy Patriarch stood up

"The Pope will be excommunicated if he tries anything with us" His holyness announced.

"Sir, we have reports that the Byzantine Army has already swept into Bulgaria and will start the Siege of Sophia soon" A senate said.

"The Holy Roman Empire has nothing to do with us, and their knights are no match for Roman lances. We must secure our front with the Danube river, and I do not see why the Holy Roman Empire is so cautious." Basil II said.

"Sir, if the Holy Roman Empire do attack us in Bulgaria, what should we do?" A senator asked.

"Fight back" Basil II replied.

Basil II left the Senate.

Ignoramus
12-22-2006, 09:36
I was going to send in my decisions, but I need time to enter into diplomacy.

Warluster
12-22-2006, 10:09
Kings Palace-Paris
The advisors once againsat there, waiting for the next meeting. This was a special one, the fate of nations in there hands. The king walked in.
"Sorry Gentlemen, we have a slight problem in our midst."
They all leaned forward to hear.
"The English have invaded." the King whispered.
A sudden chain of Explosions whipped threw the place, an explosion of voices.
"OUTRAGEOUS!!HOW DARE THEY" one roared, No one turned to queiten him, as most were alll so yelling,
"They have already been pardoned,barely..."
"What is the Pope doing?!"
The king looked angrier,
"I will hear no negative words against our Pope in this room."Said the King,
"Well sir, I say an Holy War should be declared-" anroar of agreement went out"-they have violated the Pope's terms! Attacking another Catholic nation!!Horrible" , one advisor got up, "No worries,they will pay, blood,land and Economy!" once again a roar went up.
The king cleared his throat with a small cough.
"There is no need to worry, I will lead our army personnaly and expel them from France,MESSENGER!!" he yelled, an messenger ran in,
"yes sir?" he murmered,
"Send a message to the Pope, NOW!!!" he roared, the king then told him everything he wanted in the message.
"Good,now to other issues.."he said queitly,
"What other issues are there!?" spoke an adivisor,
"Do not speak of free will in the Kings Company!" yelled an bodyguard.
One advisor got up,
"Permission to speak sir?" he asked, the king nodded.
"What of our Crusade to Leon, what will happen?"
The king thought,
"Abandoned, we will return to it after we defend our fatherland!" he said with an gleam in his eye.
"If the Pope does not act against England soon, we will have to abandon him, this is a serious matter which,if the Pope does not act, we will take seriuosly" he said.
"I will not let France stand for this! England attacking against Catholic laws, the Pope's laws! The Holy Roman Empire blaming us for nothing at all! And the Crusade, put in front of our country! I will not stand!"roared the King.
"YES!!FOR FRANCE!!" the meeting was finished with The French National anthem.

Conqueror
12-22-2006, 21:37
So how much longer till I'm the master of all Mongolia? :juggle2:

CountArach
12-22-2006, 21:48
The Pope walked out of his private quarters. Why did he have to Pope at that time?

That morning had brought many messages. Firstly, and most critically, France was being invaded by the English. Oh well, nothing to be done for it. The English were failing to see reason as it was anyway, and they were already excommunicated.

Secondly, excommunicating the Byzantines would mean excommunication from the Greek Catholics, and a possible invasion of Rome. Rome would be able to hold, and perhaps...?

An idea struck the Pope.

"Someone get me some paper! I need to send a message to the Catholic nations!"

OOC - more coming later... ;)

IrishArmenian
12-23-2006, 00:36
I read the letter from France.
Dearest King of Sicily,
The English have attacked the Coast around Caen and Bruge. Being an ally and a friend of our nation, we seek your aid. We are well aware of your situation against the Moors, but you can help us in other ways. We realise that you are of the same stock of the Anglo Normans and thus, wish to see if your opinion of their treacherous attack might convince them to hold their sword hand while France defends Catholicism in Iberia. Any other aid would be welcomed, O great friend.
Sincerely,
Le Roy
While Robert was rapt in thought, I opened the discussion. "What is to be done about the treacherous English?"
Walter, always rational and well spoken spoke, "We are all Normans, why not ask them to stand down?"
Simon, my somewhat naive, yet always sincere and loyal son seconded the Chancellor "Of course, Blood forms the strongest bonds. They cannot ignore their brothers!"
Robert, my brother, shared his opinion "Well, we cannot totally abandon the war against the heathen Moor. If we did, our battles and conquests up to this point would be for naught."
Everyone murmured agreements, unable to grasp the reason why England attacked such a noble and good nation.
Walter ventured an idea "What if we were to persuad all of Catholic Europe to stop trade with England, surely that would economically cripple them and decrease their forces!"
I approved "An embargo, a wonderful idea. But that will not be all that can be done"
Simon disagreed "We cannot abandon our cause in North Africa."
Robert cautioned "Boy, you have much to learn, I said earlier we cannot totally abandon North Africa. How about going on the defensive?"
Walter expressed his view "Exactly! We go on the defensive, hold the areas we have taken and withdraw troops from our most secure postions, namely Tunis as it is far behind our lines and assist the French using our superior archers and infantry. Who can stand up to such a coalition of infantry, archers and calvary?"
I explained the plan "Yes, it is settled. We will fortify our positions in Africa, relieve some troops in our most strongly defended encampents and have all relieved troops assembled in Tunis. Robert, you will sail to Tunis and wait for the army to assemble there. After the army has been gathered, they shall be loaded onto boats. You shall go with them, land at Marseille, and march to Paris where you will be under command of only the King of France, unless he specifies otherwise, though I trust he will allow you to work semi-indepededtly. Forsake honour and pride, dear brother. Seeing as we have a much weaker army than the English, we must work with the French and use guerilla tactics. I want you to maximise English Casualties while minimising our own. Advise the French King that you should operate in Northern France, preferably Normandy, you remember it, don't you?"
Robert confirmed "Of course, brother."
I continued "Good, I cannot stress enough the importance of guerilla techniques."
Robert exited via the large wooden door, leaving Walter, Simon and I in the room.
"Simon, prepare for a journey. You will campaign around Italy for support. Make sure to ask for approval of the embargo and military support. My son, You must learn a trade much more important than that of a military leader. To be King, you must be able to play the diplomat and speak charismatically. Keep a level head, stay collected, be respectful. Learn the importance of humility, but do not lose your dignity. You must walk a very thin line, but if I did not think you were up to it, I would not have you go. Have the first ferry to the mainland and your finest horse prepared. You may go now."
My son then left Walter and I.
"Walter, I have kept you here for good reason. You are the wisest man I know. Simon has much to learn, and Robert is too warlike to understand the delicate times we live in. Send a letter to the Pope, explaining why we have currently ceased Catholic expansion in North Africa. Send a letter to the King of France telling him of Robert's arrival and that Robert should be allowed to work indepedently for most of the time. Send letters to the other European Nations allowing them time to prepare for Simon's arrival. Let them know that by coming to the aid of France, they are allowing for a faster resolution to this problem that will allow us to continue with our campaign against the heathens."
"My scribes' wrists shall be sore, my lord." He chuckled.
I let out a laugh. "Time is of the essence, my friend."
We both left the chamber. How would this sequence play out?

Warluster
12-23-2006, 00:51
Oh thankyou Sicily! When the Vile English have been beaten back, France will send troops to help you in Africa! And of course, you're army may work independantly of course. We are VERY,VERY grateful for your show of care as the Pope has no time to act, we had our army in Leon! They attacked us while our backs were turned! There cowards I say, attacking while our backs are turned... i wonder what the HRE thinks that there once noble allies are now attacking people when there backs are turned? What do you think Kaiser?

12-23-2006, 00:57
Basil II has opened up trade routs with England, in hopes to help their economy.

Warluster
12-23-2006, 01:03
What!!?? But Byzantine is my ally, and there helping my enemy? So there opening, you mean you want France to go DOWN? Are you France's ally?

12-23-2006, 01:19
Byzantium has canceled the alliance with France. We do not wish to be brought into your affairs.

Basil II

Warluster
12-23-2006, 01:24
Well mate, great news, you just did! Trading with England! I send an offer to the Holy Roman Empire, do you want an alliance? If so just say yes, also-

1.I will support you in any war with Byzantium.

2.I will support you in any war with England

3.If you are attacked I will send troops to you.

4.Same but you send me troops if I am attacked

5.We trade (Duh!)

6.I will support the kaiser in any argument.

From the king of france.

Csargo
12-23-2006, 01:30
Oh thankyou Sicily! When the Vile English have been beaten back, France will send troops to help you in Africa! And of course, you're army may work independantly of course. We are VERY,VERY grateful for your show of care as the Pope has no time to act, we had our army in Leon! They attacked us while our backs were turned! There cowards I say, attacking while our backs are turned... i wonder what the HRE thinks that there once noble allies are now attacking people when there backs are turned? What do you think Kaiser?

What did you expect?

12-23-2006, 01:33
Byzantium laughs at Frances desparation of gaining allies.

12-23-2006, 01:36
Well mate, great news, you just did! Trading with England! I send an offer to the Holy Roman Empire, do you want an alliance? If so just say yes, also-

1.I will support you in any war with Byzantium.

2.I will support you in any war with England

3.If you are attacked I will send troops to you.

4.Same but you send me troops if I am attacked

5.We trade (Duh!)

6.I will support the kaiser in any argument.

From the king of france.

You realize that the HRE is allied with England, right?

12-23-2006, 01:40
Basil is confused of the continuing hostility between us and the HRE. We just wish to reinforce a danube border.

Warluster
12-23-2006, 01:42
France laughs at your gains of land, your empire is so small not even a mouse could fit in it, and France laughs at Byzantines lack of alliances, the HRE cancelled there alliance with England last time they attacked me.

12-23-2006, 01:48
France laughs at your gains of land, your empire is so small not even a mouse could fit in it, and France laughs at Byzantines lack of alliances, the HRE cancelled there alliance with England last time they attacked me.

Really? I'm sure my whole empire would disagree. Like you have done anything smart. You can't even defend your own land.

12-23-2006, 01:52
https://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4082/europe1000ds6.jpg (https://imageshack.us)

What was that about being small?

Hepcat
12-23-2006, 01:53
I would like to join as the Moors.
:devil:
Look out popey, I'm coming for YOU!

IrishArmenian
12-23-2006, 02:04
King of France, In your situation, I would commision privateers to sack Byzantine Caravans. And, Emperor of Byzantium, if the HRE and England are allies, why do you help the ally of your enemy? England could, just as easily, send your goods to the HRE, which the French would not attack as it would hurt your pathetic military even more. Frankly, Emperor, I view you as a pathetic old dog, clinging to the last second's of its meek life, trying with all its might, to delay the inevitable. You won't be so strong when the Turks come, will you?

12-23-2006, 02:06
King of France, In your situation, I would commision privateers to sack Byzantine Caravans. And, Emperor of Byzantium, if the HRE and England are allies, why do you help the ally of your enemy? England could, just as easily, send your goods to the HRE, which the French would not attack as it would hurt your pathetic military even more. Frankly, Emperor, I view you as a pathetic old dog, clinging to the last second's of its meek life, trying with all its might, to delay the inevitable. You won't be so strong when the Turks come, will you?

We simply want to profit from trade with England.

We respected Sicily for their actions, now we think they are just a confused nation.

Csargo
12-23-2006, 02:16
The King of England laughs at all the bickering.

Motep
12-23-2006, 02:24
Watch yourself Byzantines, my troops draw ever closer. All 1 million of them.

12-23-2006, 02:29
Really, China, I do not wish to have another enemy. We have no bad blood with you, do we?

Motep
12-23-2006, 02:30
Stop Aiding the enemies of my allies, or my troops will attack you (you will know once you read my pm). Cn you re-pm me that? I wish to make what I wrote public.

12-23-2006, 02:31
Again, I only wished to profit, and since every other nation except England has been unfriendly, they were the only ones I felt safe to trade with.

Motep
12-23-2006, 02:36
...You are safe with the natio of China. So long as you do not in any do harm to my allies. Re-route the troops going to you to the Persian Empire.

Csargo
12-23-2006, 02:37
Again, I only wished to profit, and since every other nation except England has been unfriendly, they were the only ones I felt safe to trade with.

Does that mean I'm the only trustworthy nation?:beam:

Motep
12-23-2006, 02:40

Csargo
12-23-2006, 02:42

Don't hate me cause I'm European. Oh and invaded France :beam:

Motep
12-23-2006, 02:47
Don't hate me cause I'm European. Oh and invaded France :beam:

I dont hate you...I just view you as the enemy of my ally and think you are an untrustworty bakka!

Hepcat
12-23-2006, 05:36
So when do I get decisions to make?

Csargo
12-23-2006, 05:42
So when do I get decisions to make?

NEVER

Motep
12-23-2006, 05:44
NEVER

Bwahaha?

12-23-2006, 05:54
Mongolia has finished inification.

Decisions Decisions:

Sicily: Continue in North Africa? Bring down the Moors in Spain? Bring down England?

England: Push into the French mainland? Wait for supplies? Launch a Second Front (specifically, where?)?

France: Drive the English out of the coast (will take a while)? Focus on Spain?

Moors: Drive the Sicilians out of Tunisia? Destroy the Spanish Kingdoms? Invade Egypt?

Seljuks: Push the Egyptians toward the Sinai Penninsula? Attack Persia before the Chinese conquer it? Attack Arabia?

Byzantium: Continue attacking Bulgaria? Attack the Seljuks?

Holy Roman Empire: Attack Poland? Intervene in Bulgaria? Attack France?

Leon: Attack the Moors? Wait for the French to get here (if they do)? Unite the Spanish Kingdoms

Mongolia: Advance into Siberia? Attack China?

China: Conquer Persia? Attack Korea? Attack Vietnam?

Pope: Excommunicate the Byzantines? Un Excommunicate England? Continue the "Holy War" against the Moors?

Comrade Alexeo
12-23-2006, 06:09
Chaos.

All was chaos.

"...and dost thou and all of your descendents swear fealty to the Holy Roman Kaiser Otto III, and all of his descendents, in perpetuity?"

The King of Croatia, Ivo Mesic, hesitated for just a moment before replying with a sigh:

"Yes, I do so."

It was over almost before it began, and before anybody expected it to be.

The Duke Josef von Speyer of Carenthia had planned to march quickly to the Croatian capital of Zagreb and thence lay siege to King Ivo Mesic and his court. The army had made good time, but Speyer was surprised when he arrived at Zagreb to find the Croatian army waiting for him outside its walls.

Ivo Mesic wanted a fight, and he would get it.

He should have stayed inside the walls; the Germans executed a swift and devastating victory against the poorly-armed Croatian militia. Speyer executed it thusly:

The German spearmen formed up in two lines on flat farmland outside the city, with woods on their left to protect their flanks. Speyer waited with his knights on the right side of the line. Half the archers were deployed after the spearmen, and the other half hid in the woods.

Mesic had only managed to gather some 50 knights, who fought with javelins and swords - which he knew were no match for the Germans and their great lances. He had, however, conscripted nearly 7500 from Zagreb and nearby villages, and armed them with spears and shields. In these he would have to count on victory - overwhelming the German force through sheer mass was the only option.

There could be little finesse to his plan, and Mesic simply began a massed charge towards the German lines while his knights swung to the left in order to distract the Germans.

What the King did not know was that von Speyer wanted all of this to come to pass. He had given his restless knights strict orders not to directly engage the Croatian cavalrymen, with promises that if they did so they would have plenty of killing to follow. So it was that the German knights began to "chase" after the Croatian knights.

Now the German infantry seemed exposed to the large mass coming towards them, and Speyer then ordered them to withdraw quickly as if in retreat; he knew that his men had the discipline to execute such an order.

At the opposite end of the spectrum were the Croatians, who lost all pretense of order and began to sprint towards the back of the Germans and their commander von Speyer, who suddenly blew a battle-horn.

At that moment, several things happened at once:

-the German infantry halted and turned around to face the Croatian charge.
-the archers on the field also halted and turned to face the Croatians, nocking their arrows.
-the German knights stopped the chase and charged right into the Croatian knights, who had been lulled into a false sense of security.
-the archers hidden in the woods marched double-quick outside the forest and set up in a line behind the Croatian infantry, also nocking their arrows as their field counterparts.

Mesic knew what was to come but could do naught but watch as disaster struck:

A sudden hail of arrows darkened the sky as the field archers let loose upon the Croatian herd. Almost as soon as that happened, the archers who had come up from the woods and formed up behind the Croatians fired straight into the backs of their enemies.

It was like a scythe cutting wheat; most of the Croatians were unarmored, and of course none had shields on their backs. Hundreds fell almost instantly; screams of war were exchanged into screams of death as everybody tried to figure out just where everybody had disappeared to.

The Croatian knights fought bravely, but were easily overwhelmed by their German counterparts and began to race towards Zagreb's walls. Then the German knights turned and galloped towards the Croatian infantry.

Mesic himself and his retinue charged towards the battle as well, hoping to take the German archers in their backs as they had taken the Croatians, but it would all be in vain.

Several more volleys from the archers streaked through the air before the Croatians figured out just what was happening - and when they did, and they saw the German knights just moments away on their left, they despaired and began to rout.

Speyer blared his horn again, and now he and the German infantry charged forward and chased after the Croatians, who were even now being utterly cut apart by the greedy German knights, filled with bloodlust. The field archers stopped firing and, though somewhat weary, began to chase as well - for even among vassal militias much plunder could be found off corpses.

Mesic was nearly upon the second group of archers when they calmly turned around and let loose a full volley at almost literally point-blank range.

It was disastrous; dozens of horses collapsed in an instant, and Mesic was thrown from his steed and then there was only darkness...

So it was that Duke Josef von Speyer, almost by accident, found himself with a virtually annihilated enemy army, a capitulated capital, and a captured king.

Surrender of the latter's country came quite quickly afterwards.

He allowed his force a well-deserved rest within the comfortable walls of Zagreb while he sent riders - some back to Klagenfurt with orders to ramp-up mobilization of the army intended for Hungary so they would be ready to march when Speyer returned, and some to the borders of the newly-conquered kingdom to maintain watch on the Byzantines, who surely would be able to defeat the Bulgarians rather quickly.

And so he waited...

To the King of France, Robert the Second

Der Kaiser is glad that you have come to him now. He believes that it shows that, despite your vile alliance with the heathens of China and Byzantium, the French Court may very well not be as possessed with heresy as previously thought, and indeed may not require trial by the Holy See.

As a test of your faith, der Kaiser will accept an alliance with France and further pressure our noble but, perhaps, misguided, ally of England to halt their campaign against you, but only if France agrees to cede the Duchies of Burgundy and Flanders in full and perpetuity to the Holy Roman Empire. By this, you will demonstrate that you are in fact not, to our mistake and embarassment possessed by evil and sin, but are indeed wise, noble, and pious souls.

If not, then der Kaiser will be even more convinced of the presence of Satan in the French court, and as a good Catholic will by necessity be forced to encourage His Holiness Silvester II to save the French citizenry from the Abomination.

Regards,
Deputy Commissioner of Kaiser Otto the Third of the Holy Roman Empire

Order.

All would be order.

Motep
12-23-2006, 06:10
Now to make things public:

China has two million soildiers. 1 million more are in training.

1, 000 ,000 men are headed to invade Persia.
250,000 are headed to invade Korea.
500,000 are protecting their homeland.
250,000 are conquering up to the western wastes and deserts.

Once my troops training is complete, those 500, 000 will head to the south to conquer lands there

Map of China

https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l156/Motep_the_Great/sungchina.jpg

striped areas represent lands I plan to take on the home front.

I am orange.
the Khitan Empire is green.
the indians are red.
everybody else is just the tannish color.

Csargo
12-23-2006, 06:20

It had been twenty minutes since the British emissary had been ushered into the small chamber, and he was starting to get impatient.

As he sat there waiting, he did so without ever seeing a soul - except for a single manservant named Humphrey, who stood rigid next to a small table with some bread, cheese, and a pitcher of water.

It didn't take the emissary long to figure out that Humphrey was not only deaf, but mute as well. He was nevertheless completely competent otherwise - to the extent that it somewhat angered the Briton. The silence was deafening. Well, except when Humphrey refilled the emissary's pitcher or brought an extra piece of cheese or bread, always right before the emissary was about to gesture for more of either. The utter perfection was disturbing to the point of annoyance; silently, the emissary kept hoping that Humphrey would just once trip, or forget to fill the water before he asked - but, of course, the manservant never did fail.

Then, suddenly, Humphrey moved away from the table - and towards the door. The emissary was just about to make a silent query when Humphrey opened the door and scuttled out of the way of a tall German with a short gray beard and mustache walking in looking at a map.

Once again, the perfect timing both angered and impressed the British emissary, who rose from his chair in respect.

The German who had just entered the room rolled up his map, turned to the British emissary, and bowed his head. The emissary did likewise.

"I am the Baron Sigmund von Wilhelm of Bavaria." said the man in a deep, imposing voice. "Deputy Commissioner to His Most Pious Kaiser Otto the Third of the Holy Roman Empire."

The Briton introduced himself, and von Wilhelm nodded.

"Ah, good. I am glad that your lord Ethelred - long may his reign last! - was kind and wise enough to dispatch you."

The emissary responded with his own pleasantries.

"You must forgive my keeping you - there was an urgent matter that His Majesty required counseling on."

That was a lie, of course, although the Briton would not figure that out; the Germans almost always kept foreign emissaries waiting as a test of their resolve and character. They were not inhospitable so much as they were simply ruthless.

"I hope you do not take it as an offence by any means. Did Humphrey cause you any trouble?"

No, of course not, the emissary sighed inwardly. The Germans were notorious, notoriously bureaucratic, notoriously level-headed, notoriously obsessive. No detail could be overlooked in the Holy Roman Empire. They had kept him waiting, to be sure, but they could hardly be considered inhospitable or rude - his whims had been attended to, and matters of court always took precedence. Above all, the Briton reminded himself, the Germans were perfect - notoriously so.

"No, of course not, on either count," replied the emissary.

"Excellent. Now I shall not keep you waiting any further - let us begin our discussions."

On his way back to the English court, the emissary continued to go over what the Baron had proposed to him. A formation of an alliance and a joint invasion of France were tempting offers indeed, especially from the strongest European power - and it was an excellent foundation upon which the destruction of France could be wrought.

But, of course, the emissary knew his place. He must accept His Highness' wishes on these matters...

Here is what me and the most Holy of Roman Emperors discussed:dizzy2:

As you can see it was his idea to invade France not mine.

Do what you will with this information.

Be warned France the HRE will declare war on you it may not be now but it will be soon.

I wish to make peace with the French and the Pope.

12-23-2006, 06:27
Byzantium is appaled at the actions of the "Holy" Roman Empire. We only wish to expand our Empire, like you need anything for your greedy hands.

Comrade Alexeo
12-23-2006, 06:37
OOC: That shouldn't really be allowed, IMHO, seeing as that was a private thing, but I imagine I'm going to be overruled here so just in case...

IC:

To all Catholic nations and the Holy See

Der Kaiser strongly denies any claims by the English of a German proposal to invade France. This is absolutely ridiculous; the Holy Roman Empire has until recent evidence of possible heresy in the French court seen no need to bother the French at all. Der Kaiser is convinced that this is simply a facetious and false ploy made in very bad taste by the excommunicated English king Ethelred to bring the German Reich, known for its piousness and dedication to the Church, down with them. England is using this as a poor excuse indeed to continue its unprovoked invasion of France, and der Kaiser would find it absolutely astounding that anyone should seriously consider anything the English court is saying at all. Perhaps their minds, too, have been muddied by the Darkness...?

Regards,
Deputy Commission to Kaiser Otto the Third of the Holy Roman Empire

OOC: Consider our alliance cancelled England.

Oh, and Byzantium, remember that technically speaking we (HRE and BE) are not, in fact, at war - we are only making simultaneous armed marches towards each other :laugh4:

12-23-2006, 06:40
In other news, the first engagement of the war has occured.

Byzantium's own Basil II, had lead his army here. He had minor skirmishes. This would be the first Bulgur city to fall. Sophia. The militia was weak, and it was going to be easy. The army, spearmen, had begun the defense by forming in one single line. Basil was not foolish, he ordered his katafraktoi to the sides. His archers opened fired into the line, taking out a few spearmen. Basil II knew these men were armoured, so he ordered his Infantry to march toward them. The Bulgurs did the same. Eventually the Bulgurs got close, and the infantry put up their shields. When they clashed it was a pushing contest. The Byzantines shields were stronger than the Bulgur spears. When the Bulgurs realized what happened, they immediately gave up. Basil II had not ordered a charge of the katafraktoi, just for them to go in back. The Bulgurs layed down their spears. Basil II had them trapped. Basil II spared them however, and let them join the Byzantine Army. It seems the Byzantines have the Hoplites back....

Csargo
12-23-2006, 06:42
OOC: That shouldn't really be allowed, IMHO, seeing as that was a private thing, but I imagine I'm going to be overruled here so just in case...

IC:

To all Catholic nations and the Holy See

Der Kaiser strongly denies any claims by the English of a German proposal to invade France. This is absolutely ridiculous; the Holy Roman Empire has until recent evidence of possible heresy in the French court seen no need to bother the French at all. Der Kaiser is convinced that this is simply a facetious and false ploy made in very bad taste by the excommunicated English king Ethelred to bring the German Reich, known for its piousness and dedication to the Church, down with them. England is using this as a poor excuse indeed to continue its unprovoked invasion of France, and der Kaiser would find it absolutely astounding that anyone should seriously consider anything the English court is saying at all. Perhaps their minds, too, have been muddied by the Darkness...?

Regards,
Deputy Commission to Kaiser Otto the Third of the Holy Roman Empire

OOC: Consider our alliance cancelled England.

Oh, and Byzantium, remember that technically speaking we (HRE and BE) are not, in fact, at war - we are only making simultaneous armed marches towards each other :laugh4:

Oh I did nothing wrong. I didn't take a screenshot of your PM and post it. I just copied what you wrote. They can believe it if they want too or not.

If you would have went along with your promise then this would have never happened.

Ignoramus
12-23-2006, 06:48
When do we get our latest decisions?

Csargo
12-23-2006, 06:50
When do we get our latest decisions?

There on the page before this.

Motep
12-23-2006, 07:01
sorry to post this twice, but it has been edited.

Now to make things public:

China has two million soildiers. 1 million more are in training.

1,000,000 men are headed to invade Persia.
250,000 men are headed to invade Korea.
500,000 men are protecting their homeland.
250,000 men are conquering up through the western wastes and deserts.

Once my troops training is complete, those 500,000 protecting will head to the south to conquer lands there, and the million trained will re-inforce my empire.

Map of China

https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l156/Motep_the_Great/sungchina.jpg

striped areas represent lands I plan to take on the home front.

I am orange.
the Khitan Empire is green.
the indians are red.
everybody else is just the tannish color.

note: the Khitan Empire will recieve portions of the conquest of persia and other westward lands if, and only if, they help to conquer them.

IrishArmenian
12-23-2006, 08:04
Sicily will play the defensive role in North Africa after sending Robert and an army to France.

Warluster
12-23-2006, 08:29
I accept the offer of Peace by England, I will continue my crusade in Iberia with 350,000 of mytroops, 250,000 are to defend my Homeland, and another 250,000 are to be sent to North Africa to help Sicily. The troops are to go to the Scily-African front but are to ACT INDEPENDANTLY, so they will be Grench on the Sicilian front. And do not worry Sicily, do not worry about the army because we are at peace with the English now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The meeting was all to familar. Silence went around as they all thought what had happened over the weeks.
"What of the Byzantine Threats sir?"asked one adivisor.
The king looked very tired as he looked up,
"Whta of those Warring people, cant even keep an alliance, a GOOD alliance!" he said wearily,
"Well at least Sicily see's some sense in this." said one adivisor thankfully,the rest nodded and murmed in agreement.
"yes it was nice to send troops, now it is our time to return the favour,but how?" the King wondered.
One advisor stood up.
"Easy sir, what does the world run on? Money and armies. We can give them one of that!" he suggested,
Another adsvisor stood up, as the first sat down.
"Money!! We just got out of a crisis! We need to send them armies, to Africa I say!" he yelled, the rest roared in agreement, but some looked disapproving.
"What of Leon and there struggle against those barbaric Moors?" One suggested. This time the King looked up.
"We have to follow the Pope's orders, we made apleade that we would follow him." the king said defensivly.
"But the English sir! What do they think there doing!" he yelled, the rest started roaring in rage, aying stuff about the English.
The King calmed them,
"The English offered an term of Peace, we are no longer at war, they are neutral!" he said, happy for the first time in the meeting.

Conqueror
12-23-2006, 15:23
Imperial court in Shangjing, the supreme capital of the Khitan Liao, in Inner Mongolia.

Emperor Liao Shengzong, born Yelü Longxu, Khagan of the Khitan and
subjugated tribes, Son of Heaven, sat on his throne, clad in the finest
yellow silk. The generals all bowed their heads to the floor before him.

"Rise!" Ordered the monarch, and his sharp command was obeyed. "You may
speak." He added.

"Your Eminence," voiced general Tabuyan as he stepped forth. "All the tribes
now flock under your banner. The Great Ordo has been formed, larger
than any to have ridden across the plains before. The Yurts of the campsites
carry on to the horizons, the very earth trembles beneath the innumerable
hooves. Such host, once created, must ride and fight. The men hunger for
victories and plunder, their sabres thirst to be wetted with blood. Direct
them, as is your right alone, and they will march to the end of the world, and
nothing between the sky and the earth can hope to withstand them."

"The Chinese are currently occupied with other foes and count us among their
allies," General Baiya chimed in. "This is a good opportunity. Lead the Ordo south
and crush them when they least expect it!"

"That would be most unwise!" Exclaimed general Yanxi. "The Chinese are are
valuable allies and such an attack would ruin our name. No one would ever
trust our word again. The Ordo should march against Khwarezm and aid the
Chinese in their fight against Persians. We will will gain lands and strenghten
the alliance."

"Look instead to the lands of the setting Sun, Illustrious Khagan." Said general
Dayan. "There dwell the Tatars, who yet refuse to ackowledge You as their
ruler. Subjugate them, defeat their leaders, and their horsemen shall ride with
the Ordo."

The generals, having voiced their suggestions, fell silent and stepped back.
The Emperor pondered the matter only briefly, then announced:

"There will be two armies that march. One will be the now assembled Ordo,
which will attack the Tatars. Let them ride to western plains and darken the
skies with their arrows, ceasing not until every Tatar Prince bows before me!
The other army will be raised in the Southern valley-lands of the Yellow
River. They will fight in their native manner* into Khwarezm and secure what
lands they can, as according to our pact with the Chinese.

I will lead the Ordo myself, while Baiya shall be the leader of the Van. To
Yanxi I trust the command of the Southern army, with Dayan leading the
Vanguard. Tabuyan will defend the homelands while we march. Such is my
will, and such will be."

The Son of Heaven had spoken. The generals bowed and left to oversee the
preparations.

OOC: I choose the option Advance into Siberia with the Great Ordo. A
second army will be raised from the Yellow River region and heads to Persia to
aid the Chinese.

*'native manner' would be Chinese tactics and equipment, as the troops are
mostly native Chinese.

Motep
12-23-2006, 18:41
The Sung Empire will need more troops. I will start a new system of recruitment, which is expected to give china 7 million more troops.

IrishArmenian
12-23-2006, 20:40
Since peace has been established, I will bring Robert back to North Africa with his army and continue my crusade against the Moors. O wise king of England, you have surely made a good decision.

Motep
12-24-2006, 01:28
Here is Europe in its current state. I will periodically post updates of maps of many different regions.

disregard this post.

Map is re-posted later

12-24-2006, 01:45
More like this.

https://img226.imageshack.us/img226/4259/europe1000editns0.jpg (https://imageshack.us)

Purple/Pink, Byzantium
Orange, HRE
Light Green, Seljuks
Yellow, England

And Sicily would be in Tunisia.

Motep
12-24-2006, 01:50
when did the HRE invade Croatia?
Besides, what is the difference between my Byzantine empire and yours? It was fine as it was. Tell me what is different and it will be edited accordingly.

Warluster
12-24-2006, 01:53
HRE invaded a while ago, about 1-2 pages ago. And Hannibals one is different in the fact that there is more Empire in Bulgaria.

Motep
12-24-2006, 02:06
okay...it has been edited.

Map of Europe

disregard post

12-24-2006, 02:37
England has more than that. They invaded the whole coast.

Motep
12-24-2006, 02:53
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l156/Motep_the_Great/europe_1000edit4.jpg

Warluster
12-25-2006, 22:49
What! England didn't take anything though! My fortifactions! Plus the fact we are not at war and they withdrew!

Hepcat
12-25-2006, 22:57
What fortifications? I hardly think Medieval France had the Atlantic Wall :inquisitive:

Anyway, I need to announce that I am going on holiday for a week to the beach (:2thumbsup:) so the Moors are probably going to have the stuffing beat out of them but thats life, I guess.

Comrade Alexeo
12-26-2006, 00:33
Mustering grounds
Klagenfurt
Holy Roman Empire

"The preparations are completed then?"
"Jawohl, my lord, they wait only for your command."
"And the other nobles? They have arrived?"
"Jawohl, my lord, they wait only for your command."

Duke Josef von Speyer of Carenthia nodded quietly to his aide.

"My lord? What is your command?"

"My command? My command! My command..."

He walked to the balcony of the chamber and looked down at the array below him, which looked back up at him above. The Duke drew his sword with his right hand, held it up, and bellowed:

"ASSEMBLE THE ARMY!"

And thirty thousand wolves howled their ecstasy.

Three lords, three iron fists, three hammerblows, one victory.

"The Marquis Klaus von Muhlbach of Carniola will advance along the Sava River until reaching the Danube, when you shall follow it north. Baron of Verona, Schmidt von Muller, you will take Bratislava and then continue following the Danube. I will advance to the northern tip of Lake Balaton and take Stuhlweissenburg. We will then converge on the twin cities of Buda and Pest and seize them together. Ja?"

The Marquis nodded, but von Muller was not entirely satisfied.

"Dividing our force thrice? In our enemy's homeland? Is that really wise, von Speyer?"

"Ah, but then they shall have to divide thrice as well! We cannot allow the Hungarians to concentrate their forces; by being on the advance, we shall dictate the terms upon which we shall meet."

"But why not a single great battle? It is how Croatia fell, is it not?" said the Marquis.

"Indeed, none saw such a quick and decisive victory in their dreams," said the Baron. "Or do you wish to keep all the glory to yourself?"

"Idiots! The Hungarians are nothing like like the Croats! This is not some half-assed enemy we go to war against! We are not fighting mere rabble equipped by a moronic king! We are fighting Magyars! We will be fighting some of the finest cavalrymen in Europe in this campaign, and I will not throw all my dice-"

"We are but dice to you?!"

"Quiet! I will not throw all my dice into a single be-all end-all battle that I am not entirely sure that we can win!"

"If you have such doubts then perhaps you should not have command!"

"If you are so naive as to not have them then it is good that you do not!"

"I do not doubt your skill," said the Baron. "Only your judgement; if you are indeed worried about the skill of the Hungarians, as well we should all be" - with a glare at the Marquis - "then would it not be better to march in such strength so as to be unassailable?"

"No, because I do not want to fight the Hungarians on their terms. We must bring the fight to the cities, where we shall easily prevail. To fight too often in the open, even if we are victorious, will only serve to slow us down-"

"But laying siege is hardly a quick action!"

"True, but we shall have an appreciable gain from a siege, whereas on the field it becames by default war by attrition which the Hungarians will be able to exploit quite handily. Der Kaiser does not wish for total war. He does not wish for a long campaign - remember why we are here! The Byzantines! We cannot show weakness! We must show only a wall of strength!"

And so the marches began.

The Marquis in the south, with 7000 spearmen, 1250 archers, and 300 knights.

The Baron in the north, with 8000 spearmen, 2000 archers, and 350 knights.

And finally the Duke in the center, with 8200 spearmen, 2500 archers, and 400 knights.

This was no mere expeditionary force as had been sent into Croatia; no, the spearmen and many of the archers wore strong German mail. The knights were among the finest in the Empire. Siege trains of dismantled catapults and trebuchets, rams and ladders, followed the armies like ants at a picnic, just waiting for a sweet opportunity.

Marching, blaring, shouting, cheering...

...the Holy Roman Empire was going to WAR!

12-26-2006, 04:37
What! England didn't take anything though! My fortifactions! Plus the fact we are not at war and they withdrew!

Did you read ANYTHING? Csar's choice was to declare war on you AND invade your coast.

IrishArmenian
01-01-2007, 22:18
Roger, King of Sicily, thirsts for one bit of knowledge. What ever happened to this interactive history?

01-01-2007, 22:20
No one is giving me their decisions, except some.

Warluster
01-01-2007, 22:42
Well the HRE,Mongolia,Sicily,France and CHina have sent there decisions.

CountArach
01-02-2007, 06:35
The Pope is glad to hear of this peace that has been forged by France and England, however if England wishes to be brought back into the light, then she must join the Holy War against the Moors. If she does not do this, then the Papacy sees no good reason to recommunicate.

OOC - I choose to continue to Holy War against the Moors.

Conqueror
01-02-2007, 13:22
If people are taking weeks to send their decisions then it's probably best to just assume that their factions do nothing.

Lord Winter
01-03-2007, 01:28
The sultan calls on the heretics to the south to surrender before the armies of the fateful, push into the egyptian heartland. It is clear that my army by advancing so far is superior to yours and all that you can do is postpone the eventual Seljuk conquest. Surrender now, cede all the territory that I have conquered to me, swear vassalage and your pitiful nation may survive and continue to practice her faith.

OCC: Mopet it is impossible for you to have an invasion force of one million. The logistic support is simply not there in this time. A more realistic number would be 20,000 for a large army.

Csargo
01-03-2007, 02:00
The Pope is glad to hear of this peace that has been forged by France and England, however if England wishes to be brought back into the light, then she must join the Holy War against the Moors. If she does not do this, then the Papacy sees no good reason to recommunicate.

OOC - I choose to continue to Holy War against the Moors.

I refuse to attack a country that has do nothing agressive towards me or my people.

Warluster
01-03-2007, 03:46
AH but this country has done wrong do against the Pope, this country occupies Half og Iberia, whichis rightfully Leon's and Castille's! And a bit of Portugal's. There is one problem I forsee. What happens when the Moors are gone, the country will be divided! Castille,Leon,Aragon and Portugal, plus some other countries may all fight for this land! The what?

Motep
01-03-2007, 04:10
The sultan calls on the heretics to the south to surrender before the armies of the fateful, push into the egyptian heartland. It is clear that my army by advancing so far is superior to yours and all that you can do is postpone the eventual Seljuk conquest. Surrender now, cede all the territory that I have conquered to me, swear vassalage and your pitiful nation may survive and continue to practice her faith.

OCC: Mopet it is impossible for you to have an invasion force of one million. The logistic support is simply not there in this time. A more realistic number would be 20,000 for a large army.

I think China had a population of about 50 million in the year 1000. I do beleive that they could supply an army of 1 million people... even three. Besides, my soildiers are perfectly capable of living off of the land. And they have plenty of food to go around (china produces alot of food).

Warluster
01-03-2007, 04:16
OOC-Anyway, 20 000 as a large army, come on! There was 60 000 at Agincourt! thats just the French! Then the Crusades, there was A LOT there! 20 000 is about the size of an mice! 1 million is okay FOR CHINA and big countries like that.

Csargo
01-03-2007, 05:17
OOC-Anyway, 20 000 as a large army, come on! There was 60 000 at Agincourt! thats just the French! Then the Crusades, there was A LOT there! 20 000 is about the size of an mice! 1 million is okay FOR CHINA and big countries like that.

No DoH is right there's no way an army of 1 million could sustain itself off the land or even from the Emperor.

01-03-2007, 05:34

You only say that because China is your ally.

I think no one could raise an army of one million, change it please.

Lord Winter
01-03-2007, 06:46
My source (http://militaryhistory.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=militaryhistory&zu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lepg.org%2Fwarfare.htm)

A typical field army at the beginning of the century might be 20,000 - 30,000 men, while the average was probably 50,000 - 60,000 by the end. During the Hundred Years War, 10,000 was a large army.
Keep in mind that this is talking about the 16th century, even in the hundred years war it was smaller and that was 400 years after our timeframe. I'm not trying to nit pick but it should be fairly realistic.

Comrade Alexeo
01-03-2007, 07:40
A one-million-man army for this time period is EXTREMELY unrealistic and should not be allowed.

The only way it could possibly be justifiable would be if you had mobilized the entire state for war, as happened in the First World War - which would first off imply that China had as strong a central government as France and Germany and Britain, which is patently false.

Secondly, it is absolutely impossible that a force that size could ever have been maintained in this period. Besides the fact that you would have to equip and train the soldiers in some fashion, there would be no way to supply them with rations. Remember, this is long, long before canned food (which came about due to a contest by Napoleon III in the mid-1800's), so there's almost nothing that can be carried with you that won't spoil.

The American Civil War showed that an army corps of about 20,000 men could require up to 500-1,000 wagons to maintain supply, even relatively close to supply depots. It also showed that, at best, a force of 30,000 men might be able to live off the land - land that has lots of successful farms that have just harvested their crops. More realistically, only a force of 10,000 could attempt to live off the land - and by "live off the land" I mean virtually scour the countryside (a countryside filled with a high density of populated settlements). And that's not even considering horses and other pack animals...

If you had a million men, you'd have to have supermen who only need to eat every other month, enjoy earthworms, dirt, and grass, and were resistant to every disease known to man because a 1,000,000-man army is a pestilence waiting to happen.

Rome, which was far, far more bureaucratically and logistically able to supply its forces, had at best a "mere" 350,000 or so men at arms, and even this number was considered excessive (it was usually closer to 250-280,000).

I'm sorry Motep, but
NO.

There's not a chance in hell.

Warluster
01-03-2007, 07:45
Ok people's, he has got the idea, stop ganging up and saying stuff to him, he knoews now after you guys posted a book on it. So lets continue with the game.

Motep
01-03-2007, 14:47
...well, with all of the new input, Id say that 500,000 will be better. We have warehouses full of food all through China...even in the Desert. Rice can take a while to go bad if properly prepared. Its not long to go after that untill we reach the Persians. I can then get some more food if supplies are low, and that should last untill I reach The Medditerranean, where I can tradede for food. Dont worry, I have plenty enough money to do so. Besides, in the year 1000, The persian empire was weak.

Motep
01-20-2007, 17:01
come on....please dont die on me!!!

Warluster
01-21-2007, 09:49
NOOOOOOO! FRANKIE!! Whoops, watching to much Godfather, anyway, I am sorry to say *Sniff* I think this may be dead...

01-21-2007, 17:51
I'm busy.............

*blows dust off thread*

IrishArmenian
01-21-2007, 19:57
NOOOOOOO! FRANKIE!! Whoops, watching to much Godfather
Hehe, If you are kind to Sicily, Frankie will...well, he will die, regardless.

IrishArmenian
01-21-2007, 20:05
NOOOOOOO! FRANKIE!! Whoops, watching to much Godfather
Hehe, If you are kind to Sicily, Frankie will...well, he will die, regardless.

Grand Lord of Poop~
01-26-2007, 09:25
guys, is it too late to join?? seems like ive missed the party. can i play as the venetians??

Warluster
01-26-2007, 09:47
Sorry, the games long dead, but try out the WW1 interactive, we have Britain open right now.

IrishArmenian
01-27-2007, 00:09
Noooo! Why? Will it ever be ressurected?

01-27-2007, 02:00
Sorry, the games long dead, but try out the WW1 interactive, we have Britain open right now.

Ok, never advertise your interactives on mine. This is not dead.

Csargo
01-27-2007, 02:05
Seems to be :D

Warluster
01-27-2007, 06:37
Sorry pat, its just this interactive hasn't had an update for ages, and i just assumed, sorry!