PDA

View Full Version : Any original RTKs still around?

ElmarkOFear
12-14-2006, 19:45
I was just wondering if ole Gawain, Elrich and some of the other RTKs are back again with M2TW? I miss playing with those guys. :) I always enjoyed chasing Elrich around the map until he was trapped and had to fight . . . then my men would do their usual thing and run off the map. Not sure why Elrich ran from me . . . Maybe his men needed the exercise?

Monarch
12-14-2006, 19:54
Heh, I'm no mtw vet but the lowest number RTK I've seen in lobby is RTKLional :yes:

t1master
12-14-2006, 20:33
Gawain is still tinkering about... he even posts here elmo... i've seen him in the m2 lobby, but he no longer wears the rtk tag.

havent seen elrich since around the time of the BI expansion for rome.

FearSimbol
12-14-2006, 21:50
Hello Elmark.. Soon you will se me arround MTW II hehe

Storm_Of_Shields
12-15-2006, 01:09
Simba lives?!?

Ah the old shouting matches, I miss those Simba. :D

ElmarkOFear
12-15-2006, 07:41
Woohoo! Simbol! :)

How went the job search? A few years back I know you were looking for a better job. Did you find one my friend?

I am trying to remember what you always used to say to me. . . . I remember it was purposely misspelled . . . but for the life of me I can't remember. Do you? Something about routing or saving me on the battlefield, protecting me? hehe Dang my memory is bad.

Glad to see you will be back Simbol. You were missed. If you see me, give me a shout and I will play a game with you. I actually played with Fucy the other night. Was great fun!

RTKMercurius
12-15-2006, 09:25
Elrich stopped by the castle the other day to measure some new drapes for the royal bedroom.... I think we'll be seeing him in game shortly... :)

ElmarkOFear
12-15-2006, 10:40
Great news Mercurious! :) Tell him Elmo says; "Get his butt in gear and in the game lobby so I can play with him.

Not sure why he and lional run away from poor little Elmo's feeble attack. I think they are just building up my mens' confidence before crushing them like a grape in a wine vat! :surrender:

RTKMercurius
12-15-2006, 13:20
I forwarded the message Elmo....

BTW the "run away" tactic is unbeatable....

See it on display:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcxKIJTb3Hg

ElmarkOFear
12-15-2006, 14:39
Darn! It figures the RTKs would be Monty Python fans and figure out where I got my strategy! You must be throwing Holy Hand Grenades at my men without me knowing it! :yes:

Agravain of Orkney
12-15-2006, 15:16
Hi Elmo. Do you mean the ones that are not ugly? ~;p

Gawain has been dropping by, and Kay, Aelwyn and Antoine. Old Tristan (goes by Brennus now), Lional, Alymere are active ... Galahad is not playing TW at the moment but frequently stops by to say hello. And you know the story with Palamedes.

As for myself, I need a computer upgrade for MTW2 which I hope to get soon and start playing around the start of the new year. It's funny; the last time I upgraded my computer it was so I could play MTW without lag. :gah2:

RTKMercurius
12-15-2006, 18:17
Well, sorry to say Agra, but you can update your comp all you want and it won't save you from the lag in MTWII....

:sweatdrop:

Aelwyn
12-15-2006, 19:34
Hello Elmo.

I haven't visited the castle in many months. Sort of abandoned the crew, and I feel bad about it, but life can sorta suck the...life out of you really.

Thinking about it though, you may know why. Are there any Meijer stores near where you live? IIRC, you lived in Kentucky. We've got some stores in Lexington, Louisville, Florence, and Cold Spring. I work in the Corp. tech services center. I've been thinking about making a stop into the lobby. But if the gameplay is like Rome, I don't think it would be worth my time.

But it would be good to see some of the old names.

Storm_Of_Shields
12-15-2006, 19:54
Still abandoning people? like you did that one time I was still little lonely and bald, and you left me out side in the cold cold rain digging latrines and cleaning the stables. You never did figure out how your horse mysteriously..........disappeared.

bleh jk m8

Hey Ael long time no see please you must stop by Aggony for a visit and a dip in the pond :)

ElmarkOFear
12-15-2006, 20:40
Hey Ael! There is a Meier's on Dixie Highway a few miles from my home. If you ever have to make a trip there, let me know and we will get together and have dinner or a drink or two. :)

Hey Agravain! Yup, gotta couple of your Ugly mugs in the Ugli community. hehe Lag is a big problem, unless the patch has taken care of that.

RTKMercurius
12-15-2006, 21:12
Hola Ael... gotta stop by the Castle and see some of the old gents... peeps are resurfacing nicely... :) The old Trist, Marcus, Gawa, Agra, Aly...

Nice to see....

Cheetah
12-16-2006, 07:49
I was just wondering if ole Gawain, Elrich and some of the other RTKs are back again with M2TW? I miss playing with those guys. :) I always enjoyed chasing Elrich around the map until he was trapped and had to fight . . . then my men would do their usual thing and run off the map. Not sure why Elrich ran from me . . . Maybe his men needed the exercise?

Elmo, I know that I should not give out Elrich's secrets but ... he was trying to teach you how to WIN!!! ~;) ~D

Also, Merc desribed the situation, we have some old RTKs returning and I hope we will get more.

ps. Ael hurry back to the castle ol'toothless Sally wants to come out of the cellar! ~;p and you have an assigment ~;)

ElmarkOFear
12-16-2006, 20:09
Bah! Winning is for Noobs!

It takes a real expert to buy an overpowered army and get the best defensive terrain and then lose badly with it! :)

Storm_Of_Shields
12-16-2006, 20:11
and you wonder why I value the training you gave me sooo much Elmo my friend :D there is nothing like a good ole mass rout with your men screaming like girls and being cut down. Ahhh I love losing a good battle :)

FearSimbol
12-18-2006, 16:18
Yes i am alive! dont you remember i always say i was INMORTAL! GAH!

i guess i have to remember that again to you!

And Elmo, remember i am your body ward! hehe

Well Elmo i get married, job get better :D

cya, say to fucy i will play soon with him too.

UglyandHasty
12-18-2006, 16:41
Hi Simba !

Salut Aelwyn mate ! If you see this ugly mug online, say hello. One thing i'd like to know S. , do you still have pics of your girlfriends friends to post ? :2thumbsup:

FearSimbol
12-18-2006, 17:01
Yes but this time is my Wife (QUEEN) so you better be carefull about her or i could CUT YOUR HEAD OFF!

hehe, nice to see you, i am buying the freking MTW II game
soon we will be in the field geting fun

ElmarkOFear
12-18-2006, 20:03
Give the wife a big kiss for me Simbol. Tell her it is from an very Ugli man. :)

Glad to hear you have a nice job. I will let Fucy know if I see him.

I miss my BodyWard! :)

Aelwyn
12-26-2006, 16:49
Hi Simba !

Salut Aelwyn mate ! If you see this ugly mug online, say hello. One thing i'd like to know S. , do you still have pics of your girlfriends friends to post ? :2thumbsup:

Hey F ~:cheers: Sorry for the late reply, been rather busy. Erm, yeah I do have some choice pictures, but not of my ex-gf's friends this time, moreso friends of mine. Not really safe for this site though. ~;)

I lost my cell phone in Vegas about 2 months ago, which is very unfortunate, as it had a lot of fantastic pictures. I think I dropped it over the railing on the 55th floor of the Palms while at Ghostbar. Maybe, not too sure. But it was an unfortunate loss.

How've you been?

Nem
12-27-2006, 23:48
Anyone know what happened to RTK4 Paul?, good player and nice ally to have

Nem
12-27-2006, 23:54
Bah! Winning is for Noobs!

It takes a real expert to buy an overpowered army and get the best defensive terrain and then lose badly with it! :)

Never thought of myself as an expert, Thanks Elmark

ElmarkOFear
12-28-2006, 21:14
No problem Nem. I acknowledge talent when I see it. :)

Aelwyn
12-29-2006, 21:01
Paul basically stopped playing. Last I knew he was in school for computer something or other...and stopped in from time to time. I haven't seen him post or heard from him in well over a year.

And yeah, he was a good ally...one of the best players of all time in my humble opinion...in terms of raw skill.

Cheetah
01-03-2007, 02:13
Anyone know what happened to RTK4 Paul?, good player and nice ally to have

As Ael said he stopped playing a long time ago (around the end of MTW). He visited our forums though roughly a half year ago. I am still hoping to see him again.

DthB4Dishonor
02-11-2007, 12:02
Gah, <lifts coffin lid> gah <sniffs air>, I smell Elmo's aka EvilTinkster, aha Elmo I remember Totomi, sekigahara and Bacchus Gambit as if it were yesterday. Battlefield ninjas and Naginata.

Hello Salute to all old school players <bows>,

I have been busy gentlemen, it is correct I went to school and got my BS and finishing my Masters while simoultaneously working. Good news though I'm finishing this May with some luck. I really really miss playing with you guys but saddly it was too many things about Rometotal war MP that discouraged me.

I intended to buy a new PC a few months back and play Rome again but alas school and life style dictated that I get a laptop which wont really run a game that well. However expect me within a few weeks to buy a new PC (once I get my tax returns) I'll be willing to drop $2000.00 on a nice.

Lional glad to see your still around and in charge of recruits. I have 2 request if I may be so bold. Would I be able to browse through the RTK armoury and faction sections in order to help my learning curve for MTW2? Also would it be alright for me to sport an ExRTKPaul gamer tag?

I must also say I'm genuinely touched that people remember me. Cheers and as always Strength and Honor

CBR
02-11-2007, 14:03
Hey Paul! :beam:

CBR

ElmarkOFear
02-11-2007, 16:26
Paul! I wondered where your ugli ole butt ran off to. Gett'n edumacated I see. :) BTW: I wasn't the Tinkster. He was a player who, at one time, tried to ruin my reputation by imitating me and causing big trouble. If I remember rightly, that is the name he used, when he tempted Tera, during the Tera-gate stuff. He tried as hard as he could to find a dark side to Elmo, but alas, there never was one.

Was not me, my friend. All that infiltration, sneaky stuff was too tiring for an old man like me. Besides, I had the ugli community and kept up on things without having to resort to such tactics. I learned things due to my ability to keep a secret. hehe Though I might tell everyone about your leather, high-heel, shoe fetish! Oooops! Darn! I let that slip. :laugh4:

DthB4Dishonor
02-11-2007, 20:34
Hey CBR and Elmo,

Sorry Elmo my memory must've been hazzy it was so long ago. But wow I remember the Tera Gate scandal, wow all the drama we had here. I wonder if I'm the last orignial RTK member though. By original I mean the members of RTK that started in Shoggy and not in MTW.

Elmo and CBR whats you guys oppinion on MTW2? Did it take a step back or a step forward from RomeTW? I couldn't take the blatant disrespect that they showed us MP's in the form of lack of proper online support and features. They didn't even allow a 4v4 in Rome and the c2d's were horrendous :wall: .

Anyway pretty soon I should be freeing up about 20-30hours of my time a week:2thumbsup: and will be glad to play TW again.

Also it would be nice if CBR/ELMO or Lional (Cheetah) would help me train for a little and get me back in shape. ROFL, I feel like sylvester stalone in Rocky VI.

ElmarkOFear
02-11-2007, 21:07
I am sure the RTKs would be more than happy to have you back. :) If not, I will make a special place in the Ugli's for you. There have been quite a few old vets returning lately.

M2TW is better than the original RTWs MP. I didn't stick around for the RTW expansion, so I couldn't tell you how it compares. I have fun playing M2TW, but it is a different game from STW/MTW. Army selection is everything right now. If both sides have similar armies, you can get a really nice game from it, but unless you use quite a bit of cav, you will be hard-pressed to win.

The patch will be coming out in a bit, so it may solve many of the current problems with unit vs. unit balance.

Elrich is still around the RTK site, and I have seen Gawain, and Hasty (whom I believe was Iksender. I forget what his RTK name was right now DOH! )

Monarch
02-11-2007, 23:46
Gawain is now in Aggony :)

Anyway, I'm just a newbie Rome noob, so obviously I don't know you. But I hope to see you in the lobbies :yes:

CBR
02-11-2007, 23:54
M2TW is an improvement but that doesnt say much really. Although some stuff is even worse as the 2D sprites for example (call me a perfectionist but I really would prefer to see pikemen having uhm pikes)

But overall not enough for me to bother with it so I cant comment on stability or lag issues.

The patch should improve balance though, as spears will be better with the shield bug fixed.

CBR

SoxSexSax
02-12-2007, 00:14
"M2TW is an improvement"

Over RTW, yes.

Over MTW1? I don't think so...

CBR
02-12-2007, 00:18
Over RTW was what I meant.

CBR

ShadeHonestus
02-14-2007, 07:02
during the Tera-gate stuff

:laugh4:

Cheetah
02-15-2007, 11:40
Paul!!!! ~:) ~:) ~:)

Nice to see you back mate!!!

For me you are not an "ex" RTK ~;) I sent you a PM, I am waiting for just one word.

Old Lam is back too, he plays as Sigfried (because we have an other Lamorak).

The game would be nice, if not for the bugs (2H axe, shield bug just to name two big ones; you will find lots of info about bugs here). The cav charge is also a bit too strong. All in all, the game is playable and enjoyable but could be much, much better. Patch 2 is on the way, hopefully fixing all the major issues, it should come out at the end of February, early March.

Lional

Cheetah
02-15-2007, 12:17
and Hasty (whom I believe was Iksender. I forget what his RTK name was right now DOH! )

Geoffrey, and yes he was Iksender Nakamura.

DthB4Dishonor
02-15-2007, 15:39
Thanks Lional,

Yeah, like I stated earlier thats around the time I expect to buy my new pc. I just gotta research it some. Also finishing up a few papers and projects but 1-2 more months and its all done for me. I will be able to reclaim atleast 20hours a week :juggle2: :laugh4: . I look forward to watching Elmo's army rout upon seeing a black cat cross its path :dizzy2:

One last quick question. Does M2TW support 4v4's or is it still 3v3 like RTW?

t1master
02-15-2007, 16:03
you can play 4v4.. its sorta hit or miss whether the game will go off without a hitch due to lag and folks with poor connections/pcs.

hasty is still around, and i hear that gareth/guy is planning on making a return.