PDA

View Full Version : Balkanika:TW

hgtm
12-14-2006, 20:23
Balkanika:Total War is that mod with Mircea the Old,but with a diferent name

Hi.I present you the project called Balkanika:Total War for M2TW.
This mod spans from 1386 to 1418,through the reign of Mircea the Old,a romanian or vallachian great leader.
This mod will represent it's wars with the ottomans,but also the fabulous conquests of the muslims in the Balkans at the end of the 14 century.
The map will include Romania(there was no romania in that time,i mean romanian current territory),Bulgaria,Albania,Serbia,Greece,Crete,Anatolia and parts of Armenia.
Sure factions:
1.Vallachia
2.Moldavia
3.Bulgarian Kingdom nr. 1
4.Bulgarian Kingdom nr. 2
(at the start of Mircea's reign there where 2 bulgarian kingdoms,but I don't remember their names)
5.Serbia
6.Hungary
7.Byzantine Emire(so called)
8.Ottoman Empire
9.Armenia
10.Poland
11.Republic of Venice
12.Holy Roman Empire
13.French Knights
14.Genua

Units:
Tens of new units:
Vallachian Grand Infantry
Vallachian Grand Archer
Vallachian Grand Cavalry
Moldavian Royal Cavalry
Hungarian Crusaders
Ottoman WHITE Cavalry
Genua Sailors
Venetian Heavy Infantry
Early Pikemen
Byzantine Barbarian Infantry
Armenian Cathapracts
Byzantine Cathapracts
Don Cossack

Cities:

Buda
Bucharest
Tirgoviste
Campulung
Suceava
Giurgiu
Tomis(Constanta)
Vidin
Nicopole
Constantinopole
Niccaea
Thesallonika
Belgrade
Zagreb
(........)

and many many others

need some members! if possible,graphicians and scripters

I will soon present some models.

I'll update this time to time

Herkus
12-14-2006, 21:31
Do you have any modding skills, because you will need lot of them to make such mod as you are planning.

hgtm
12-15-2006, 13:51
On M2TW no,but on R:TW yes.I've made several mods.I'm also part of the Ortus Romani team.However,I'm a gooder scripter than grasphician

playboytaxi
12-20-2006, 00:04
I can help with some info about Bulgaria. I still cant belived Bulgaria is not included in MTW2.Bulgaria is 3rd Kingdom in Europe after Byzantium and Francs.Byzantium lost most of its wars with Bulgaria.Three Byzantium and one Latin Imperators lost their lives in battles againts Bulgaria.There are not much info in western books and it is mostly wrong about Bulgarian units.I make my own resurch from Bulgarian books and sourses.

Vuk
12-29-2006, 16:11
A Balkans MOD!! MUST SEE!!!
I wish you luck with this mine friend!

noodles
12-29-2006, 18:36
glad to see such focused mods hopefully all factions you describe will be portrayed accurately - i'm really curious about the wallachian states as well .. i'ma romanian and its part of our history

just a thought or two :

- it would be nice to see a nice contrast in tactics and units between "imperial" powers with uniform professional armies and guerrilla and militia centric things like (correct me if i'm wrong) the wallachian states were - y'know fast lotech stealthy and always using the terrain to win.

- it would help immersion to have more BI style objectives and some predefined diplomacies (ex: repell vassalage conquer neighbouring provinces and resist until the year x ; or prevent the ottoman empire from conquering provinces x and y (and then set it up so the ai has many troops and has them as objectives)- dont know if such things can be modded)

these are just thoughts anywah .. good luck with it - apreciating your effort

Kavhan Isbul
12-30-2006, 00:52
Interesting idea. The two Bulgarian tzardoms were both called Bulgaria and both had a tzar as a ruler. The two ruler's were Ivan Aleksandar's sons - Ivan Shishman, who inherited the greater part of his father's kingdom with capital in Turnovo, and Ivan Stratzimir, who inherited the North-Western part of Bulagria with a capital in Vidin. To differentiate between the two, you can call one Vidin Bulgaria, and the other one Turnovo Bulgaria, which is what most historians call them. Major Bulgarian cities of that period incldued Vidin and Nicopol, which you have mentioned, as well as Sofia (a city with great strategic importance in the middle of the Balkans), Varna, and Silistra. Apart from the two Bulgarian kingdoms, there was a Dobrudja Despoty, which in 1386 was ruled by a certain Ivanco. He was an ally to Mircea, as the two of them were generally in hostile relations with Ivan Shishman, who killed Dan I in 1386 in an attempt to reinsert his authority in wallachia and Dobrudja (which of course you know, for this is the year in which Mircea ascended to power and the mod starts). The Dobrudja Despoty rulers were of Cuman origin, and Orthodox, if I am not mistaken. It was a minor faction, but since the mod is about Mircea, and he gained control of that region after 1402, I guess it should be included.
Good luck with this mod.

hgtm
01-02-2007, 18:01
glad to see such focused mods hopefully all factions you describe will be portrayed accurately - i'm really curious about the wallachian states as well .. i'ma romanian and its part of our history

just a thought or two :

- it would be nice to see a nice contrast in tactics and units between "imperial" powers with uniform professional armies and guerrilla and militia centric things like (correct me if i'm wrong) the wallachian states were - y'know fast lotech stealthy and always using the terrain to win.

- it would help immersion to have more BI style objectives and some predefined diplomacies (ex: repell vassalage conquer neighbouring provinces and resist until the year x ; or prevent the ottoman empire from conquering provinces x and y (and then set it up so the ai has many troops and has them as objectives)- dont know if such things can be modded)

these are just thoughts anywah .. good luck with it - apreciating your effort

Wallachia and Moldavia will have a very good representation in B:TW(because I'm romanian too)
-all the tactics will be changed:for exemple,In that time Wallachia couldn't just face the ottomas in a plain war(face to face) so a guerilla war with different surfaces should be in!
-yeah,you're right