PDA

View Full Version : Question about export_descr_building.txt

sivlar
12-14-2006, 20:35
First I am new here and would like to say hello to everyone. I have found a lot of good info here on these boards but have never posted before.

I was making a mod for myself but trying to keep the game as "vanilla" as possible. Basically what I want to do is add all the units, including generals, that are in custom battle to be recruitable in campaign. Except merc units, which I removed from custom battles by going through the export_descr_unit file.

So I have been messing with the recruitment lines in the export_descr_building.txt file.

Example I added mounted longbowmen for the english recruitable from the marksman range.

recruit_pool "Mounted Longbowmen" 1 0.7 6 0 requires factions { england, }

Can anyone give me a breakdown on what the numbers are for in line?

Also made a fix for the stupid pagan magician trait that comes up all the time and added Olmsted's princess fix from totalwar.com. I found those files pretty straightforward on figuring out triggers and such.

Thanks,
Siv

d1ng0d0g
12-15-2006, 08:28
[starting_pool_float] [replenishment_rate_float] [max_units_float] [experience_int]

that's what the numbers behind the unit in the building list means.

Have Fun.

Dingo

sivlar
12-15-2006, 15:51
Thanks for the info :)

Wondering about 2 more things now, not related to that file.

Anyone know if the latest patch changes anything in the text data files that everyone has been playing with for modding?

Also I noticed running a mod, all the load screens are totally gone. Any way to put them back in?