PDA

View Full Version : Destroying Stone Walls

Malachus
12-15-2006, 05:36
Hey guys, does anyone know if it's possible to make stone walls destructible? If so, what do I have to do to make it so?

I was hoping to make it so that I can go from a city or huge city to a castle. Instead of adding in new building entries for separate buildings to convert a city/huge city to a castle, it would just be easier to destroy a stone wall to do so (since a stone wall marks the transition to a city and thus the elimination of the ability to revert to a castle).

There have been many key spots on the map in my Sicilian campaign where a castle was gravely needed, but because the provinces had cities/huge cities, I was forced to keep those instead. Needless to say, my troops couldn't be reinforced quickly, allowing full stacked enemy armies beat me back.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

alpaca
12-15-2006, 15:48
You can probably make the larger walls convert to a castle in the edb

Malachus
12-15-2006, 18:54
Yea, I was just wondering if there's a command line entered somewhere in some file that designates certain buildings as capable of being destroyed and others that can't be.

alpaca
12-16-2006, 16:25
From the top off my head, core buildings and buildings with the hinterland_ tag are indestructible.
However, you can't just remove the core_ tag because that will screw your game ;)

Casuir
12-16-2006, 18:34
You need to add this to export_descr_buildings.txt

}
stone_wall city requires factions { northern_european, mesoamerican, middle_eastern, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, }
{
convert_to 2
capability
{
Repeat it for the other levels of the city if you want.

Malachus
12-16-2006, 19:23
Well Casuir, your suggestion certainly opens up the option to convert a city to a castle (as made apparent in the building browser screen), so I'm thankful for that.

However, even though the option is available to convert a city/huge city to a castle, the actual "building" to be constructed does not appear in the choices, which means I most likely have to enter new buildings corresponding to each of those new levels.

Thanks for the help guys.

Casuir
12-16-2006, 20:14
try putting 3 or 4 in instead of 2, maybe its a problem with populations, a castle has a max of 9000

Malachus
12-16-2006, 20:34
I tried using 3 or 4, but neither works

Casuir
12-16-2006, 21:10
Are their buildings in there that a castle cant have? Doesnt make any sense that you'd have to add a new building to the castle thread when it wont convert to the ones that are already there. Walls are part of the core city building and if you were able to destroy them you'd have nothing to convert. Try deleting all the buildings and see if it works.