PDA

View Full Version : Unable to change unit sizes

Cos3
12-15-2006, 17:24
I've been attempting to change units sizes after using the unpacker, but can't seem to make any changes take effect.

Am I doing this correctly? ::

export_descr_unit

soldier Saracen_Militia, 60, 0, 1

I've been changing the first number to 72 and 84, but no change in custom battle, so I tried to change to a lower number such as 48, but still no change.
I've been starting the game after each change to the file (yes it has been saved), so that isn't the issue.

I'm a little lost at what I could be doing wrong. Can anyone help?

Also, to completely remove siege weapons from the game do I just delete the relevant data in export_descr_unit, or is there another way?

Thanks for any help

scsscsfanfan
12-15-2006, 21:55
hi COS3, at this tage, the maxium number a unit can have is "hard coded".the number in export_descr_unit txt, are the same as the numbers in RTW. ie, a single unit can only have up to 60 men in the unit (may plus 3 officers),in a huge settlingm now is a x25 factor rather then a x4 facter in RTW, and hence in M2TW this 60men is facted by 60x2.5=150.

Dave1984
12-15-2006, 23:30
hi COS3, at this tage, the maxium number a unit can have is "hard coded".the number in export_descr_unit txt, are the same as the numbers in RTW. ie, a single unit can only have up to 60 men in the unit (may plus 3 officers),in a huge settlingm now is a x25 factor rather then a x4 facter in RTW, and hence in M2TW this 60men is facted by 60x2.5=150.

And what about the minimum?

Such as wanting to create a one man unit were someone to wish to create "heroes", or something similar? Is there a way to do that?

A quick test earlier editing just the EDU suggested no. But I'd hope not.

Cos3
12-16-2006, 17:29

That is dissapointing, I was hoping unit sizes would stay at least as large as Rome's. IMO most infantry units should be nearer 3x the size of cavalry for balance, so I'll have to take the other route and reduce cavalry sizes.

I dislike limits such as these, when some hardware (and certainly future hardware) can handle far larger numbers.