PDA

View Full Version : Creative Assembly CA .cas exporter

Epistolary Richard
12-15-2006, 22:08
CA Oz's Caliban has given the modding community a little early Chrismas present in the form of CA's own .cas exporter.

Download it here (http://files.mizus.com/files/Tools/CAS_exporters.rar).

The .rar file contains a quickguide document and the exporter for 3dsmax 7 8 and 9.

Just so everyone's clear:

- in RTW .cas files are used for models and animations in RTW
- in M2TW .cas files are used for battle map/strat map animations and strat map models (not the battle map models)
- this is an exporter only, use Vercingetorix's importer to get TW assets into 3DSmax

Just to recap:
- in M2TW .cas files are used for battle map/strat map animations and strat map models (not the battle map models)

And again:
- in M2TW .cas files are used for battle map/strat map animations and strat map models (not the battle map models) - there is no way to access M2TW battlemap models at this time

Kagemusha
12-15-2006, 23:13
:bow:

Elessar
12-16-2006, 17:10
UNBELIVEABLE O_O
Thank you CA :D

How about Cas importer for M2 files, will Vercigonterix tool work? :D

blackeyetolga
12-16-2006, 20:14
Thanks Epistolary Richard's :2thumbsup:

Jochem
12-17-2006, 23:04
Hi Epistolary, I have install the .cas exporter plugin as describe in the readme but my 3ds max 7 won't recognize it.

Caliban
12-18-2006, 00:12
Hi Epistolary, I have install the .cas exporter plugin as describe in the readme but my 3ds max 7 won't recognize it.

Do you get an error when loading 3dsmax? the plugin should show up under file/export called 'CA exporter' It is not under utilities.

Jochem
12-19-2006, 20:28
I recieve this report alert :

DLL <F:\Discreet\3dsmax7\plugins\cas_exporter.dle> is not made for this version of the program - not loading

phoenix[illusion]
01-21-2007, 13:23
I recieve this report alert :

DLL <F:\Discreet\3dsmax7\plugins\cas_exporter.dle> is not made for this version of the program - not loading

I get the same message. Is there any fix for this?

Caliban
04-13-2007, 01:32
I have re-tested the 3dsmax7 and 3dsmax8 on fresh installs and I can't get it to error.
Could you guys please give me some more information about what version of 3dsmax you are running, if you have any 3dsmax service packs installed?