PDA

View Full Version : Lands to Conquer v1.2

Lusted
12-16-2006, 12:02
Download Links:
http://files.filefront.com/Lands_To_Conquer_v12exe/;6373137;;/fileinfo.html
http://www.bigupload.com/d=8A16CCB2
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JFYH829L

To install the mod simply point the installed to your Medieval II Total War installation, which by default is installed to:

C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War

It is recommended you install Medieval II Total War Update 1 Patch before instaling LTC 1.2. This will make your gaming experience much better.

Once installed you should use the new Lands to Conquer desktop shortcut to run the game.

The changes Lands to Conquer 1.2 makes to Medieval II Total War are listed below:

-added script to make sure ai doesn't run low on cash so it provides a challenge throughout the campaign
-pirate and rebel spawn rates reduced
(following changes made by lawngnome)
-Construction times tweaked (some raised, some lowered)
-Construction costs raised
-Mining income raised
-Unit replenishment rates reduced across the board (especially nobles)
-Fortresses can now recruit 4 units at a time, Citadels 5.
-City growth reduced across the board.
-New minimums for upgrading cities: town/wooden castle - 1k; large
town/castle - 5k; city/fortress - 12.5k; large city/citadel -
30k; huge city - 60k
-Squalor's effect on growth increased slightly
-Squalor's effect on public order reduced greatly
-Religious unrest increased
-Distance from capital penalty increased
-Corruption greatly increased (+law buildings are your best friend)
-Population growth from farms increased
-Income from farms decreased
-Population growth from trade increased
-Income from trade increased
-Many units and all agents now receive XP levels from higher
recruitment buildings
-Castles and Walls no longer enable unit recruitment by themselves
(foot knights moved to barracks)
-Several buildings' effects on law/happiness/growth tweaked.
-Several buildings now have additional effects
-The "Library" buildings now grant XP to faction-specific unit types
(unique N. Europe building)
-Several units moved to new recruitment buildings (all Janissaries in
Military Academy)
-A few buildings now have prerequisites
-City/Castle roles are stressed more
-Many other tweaks to influence slow growth and make maintaining a large empire harder.

-cannon elephants removed from the campaign
-date of Mongol and Timurid invasions now varies more, there is a larger period of time over which both could happen
-Dismounted Broken Lances, Mongol Dismounted Archers, Mongol and Timurid Dismounted Heavy Archers, Mongol Dismounted Light Lancers, Mongol and Timurid Heavy Lancers now available in the campaign
-new loading screens and splash screen
-increased cost of musketeers

-all factions playable in campaign(except Timurids, Mongols, Papacy, Aztecs)
-new victory conditions for all factions
-improved campaign ai courtesy of Shaba Wangy
-Merchants now make more money
-Assassins are now more powerful
-1 year per turn in campaign, with year shown and building construction times changed to reflect this
-starting money tweaked for all factions, and kings purse increased for all factions
-agent and fleet movement increased
-English Armoured Sergeants, HRE Dismounted Gothic Knights, and Venetian Dismounted Broken Lances now available in the campaign
-ai unit recruitment priorities tweaked for some factions
-increased cost of all cavalry units by 200 florins to balance things out, and increased upkeep for elite cavalry units.
-increased cost of artillery in campaign a lot to stop ai from building lots of it
-workaround for units with 2 handed bug, they now fight in melee and against cavalry
-rebalancing of stats in line with this
-Byzantine Infantry, Varangian Guard and Kataphraktoi made more powerful to make the Byzantines better
-Crusader units available in custom battle for catholic factions
-billmen made more powerful
-artillery have longer range
-units armed with longbow have longer range and slightly increased damage
-Venetian Archer And Venetian Heavy Infantry armour upgrade fix(in vanilla M2Tw the armour upgrades are the wrong way round, i've fixed it)
-peasants stats reduced.

GreatWarrior
12-16-2006, 16:30
Download Links:
http://www.bigupload.com/d=8A16CCB2
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JFYH829L

To install the mod simply point the installed to your Medieval II Total War installation, which by default is installed to:

C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War

It is recommended you install Medieval II Total War Update 1 Patch before instaling LTC 1.2. This will make your gaming experience much better.

Once installed you should use the new Lands to Conquer desktop shortcut to run the game.

The changes Lands to Conquer 1.2 makes to Medieval II Total War are listed below:

-added script to make sure ai doesn't run low on cash so it provides a challenge throughout the campaign
-pirate and rebel spawn rates reduced
(following changes made by lawngnome)
-Construction times tweaked (some raised, some lowered)
-Construction costs raised
-Mining income raised
-Unit replenishment rates reduced across the board (especially nobles)
-Fortresses can now recruit 4 units at a time, Citadels 5.
-City growth reduced across the board.
-New minimums for upgrading cities: town/wooden castle - 1k; large
town/castle - 5k; city/fortress - 12.5k; large city/citadel -
30k; huge city - 60k
-Squalor's effect on growth increased slightly
-Squalor's effect on public order reduced greatly
-Religious unrest increased
-Distance from capital penalty increased
-Corruption greatly increased (+law buildings are your best friend)
-Population growth from farms increased
-Income from farms decreased
-Population growth from trade increased
-Income from trade increased
-Many units and all agents now receive XP levels from higher
recruitment buildings
-Castles and Walls no longer enable unit recruitment by themselves
(foot knights moved to barracks)
-Several buildings' effects on law/happiness/growth tweaked.
-Several buildings now have additional effects
-The "Library" buildings now grant XP to faction-specific unit types
(unique N. Europe building)
-Several units moved to new recruitment buildings (all Janissaries in
Military Academy)
-A few buildings now have prerequisites
-City/Castle roles are stressed more
-Many other tweaks to influence slow growth and make maintaining a large empire harder.

-cannon elephants removed from the campaign
-date of Mongol and Timurid invasions now varies more, there is a larger period of time over which both could happen
-Dismounted Broken Lances, Mongol Dismounted Archers, Mongol and Timurid Dismounted Heavy Archers, Mongol Dismounted Light Lancers, Mongol and Timurid Heavy Lancers now available in the campaign
-new loading screens and splash screen
-increased cost of musketeers

-all factions playable in campaign(except Timurids, Mongols, Papacy, Aztecs)
-new victory conditions for all factions
-improved campaign ai courtesy of Shaba Wangy
-Merchants now make more money
-Assassins are now more powerful
-1 year per turn in campaign, with year shown and building construction times changed to reflect this
-starting money tweaked for all factions, and kings purse increased for all factions
-agent and fleet movement increased
-English Armoured Sergeants, HRE Dismounted Gothic Knights, and Venetian Dismounted Broken Lances now available in the campaign
-ai unit recruitment priorities tweaked for some factions
-increased cost of all cavalry units by 200 florins to balance things out, and increased upkeep for elite cavalry units.
-increased cost of artillery in campaign a lot to stop ai from building lots of it
-workaround for units with 2 handed bug, they now fight in melee and against cavalry
-rebalancing of stats in line with this
-Byzantine Infantry, Varangian Guard and Kataphraktoi made more powerful to make the Byzantines better
-Crusader units available in custom battle for catholic factions
-billmen made more powerful
-artillery have longer range
-units armed with longbow have longer range and slightly increased damage
-Venetian Archer And Venetian Heavy Infantry armour upgrade fix(in vanilla M2Tw the armour upgrades are the wrong way round, i've fixed it)
-peasants stats reduced.

Hey Lusted, I was wondering if you could make a lite version of your mod. Basicly fixing the 2h bug. And the stuff that would make the game easier. I suck at this game pretty bad, as I did in all Total war games. I've never won a game without cheating. And I've been playing since Shogun.

But back to the lite mod, a mod that fixes the 2h bug would be great.

Myrddraal
12-16-2006, 18:16
Hey GreatWarrior, could you take the quote out of your post, it's not necessary since you aren't refering to it, and the thing your quoting is in the post above.

Too much scrolling down :P

GreatWarrior
12-16-2006, 18:28
You know what, I would but I can't edit my post for some reason. I quoted by accident by the time I relized it I couldn't stop it from posting. And now I can't edit the post.:oops:

JR-
12-16-2006, 19:46
cheers Lusted

alpaca
12-16-2006, 21:35
You know what, I would but I can't edit my post for some reason. I quoted by accident by the time I relized it I couldn't stop it from posting. And now I can't edit the post.:oops:
Junior members can't do that on the org ;)

Lusted
12-17-2006, 16:50
Filefront link added to first post as other links not working.

GreatWarrior
12-17-2006, 19:58
That might explain it why I can't edit, and probably why i have to wait like 5 minutes before making 2 posts in a row.

But anyways, is there any way you could make a mini mod just to fix the 2h bug. Or how do I do that by myself. I'm crap at modding stuff so a simple what to do to fix it would be great. That post with the 2h bug is way too long and confusing. :idea2:

Herodias
12-17-2006, 20:08
This mod seems really great to me. I think we can have a much longer campaign with this 1.2 version, and all is now linked to a slower pace choice (two turns a year).

Just a question: as a french user, is this mod (and maybe others as well) fully compatible with my french installation of the game?

Rothe
12-18-2006, 12:20
*Cheers to Lusted!*

So far your 1.2 version seems good. I started as the English with M/VH difficulty.

My complaint would be that M is too easy now that I got it going, but it is not your fault :beam:

So, do you have any recommendations on what difficulty to use in the campaign?

Could you elaborate how the AI economy changes between difficulties, and how is it different in your mod compared to vanilla M2 (patched)?

The difference between heavy billmen stats to normal billmen is quite big. Is the animation still the same? Heavy billmen seem to have 10 attack more than normal ones which have 5. Can I expect HBM to be a lot better in attacking than normal BM?

About the economy. I like what you did with the building times. Still, I seem to get a large sum of excess funds going pretty easily even while building at full speed. This may be because I am playing as the English though.