PDA

View Full Version : Mods in need now that the Patch is here!

Hawkmoon72
12-16-2006, 18:41
Now that the patch is here hopefully a few mods will come out to help out with managing generals. A few things that bugged me that made me stop playing until the patch was released were as follows:

1) A mod to make all retainers swappable between family members (like in Rome). It would be nice if you could have more then 8 and you could get rid of ones that you did not want at all without having to give them to some other general as well. But even if they were all just tradeable that would be a great start.

2) A mod that limits bad traits on generals, or at least balances them out so you get as many good traits as bad. Also if bad traits could be reversed by ingame actions without having to use the console that would be nice as well. For example if the person was a drunk for sitting around the tavern all day if you could put them out in a fort for a while they would go cold turkey and the neg trait would reduce over time. That way the player would have some regree of control over all (or at least some) of the neg and pos traits in the game.

3) A mod to chose the heir to the throne would be great. You would think that this would be easy to do since it was the way Rome worked so maybe the code/script would be the same as Rome.

I really like to manage the generals of my empire and I am sure others enjoy this part of the game as well, so if these mods could be added they would get lots of good use and would not overpower the game at all, just make the royal family manageable to teh control freaks out there.

For now we have to kill off members of teh family to get the right heir in line for the throne and have bad traits ruin good generals forcing them to avoid cities, etc. And with no control of retainers, everyone gets pagans and can't get any useful retainers on a regular basis (except Merc Commander).

Thanks,

Hawkmoon