PDA

View Full Version : what would like for the unit size?

scsscsfanfan
12-16-2006, 23:12
I'd like to see the max at least of 240 as back in RTW. I'm not sure how other people think about this.

Cos3
12-17-2006, 23:16
Definitely need 240 back. Seems silly that they are making the battles a smaller scale. At least give us the option, even if we have to mod it in to have that size. They hardcoded the current maximum sizes in M2, which is ridiculous.

They need to completely re-write this ageing battle engine for the next game in the series. It's far too limited in its scope and size. I want to see 300-500 troops per unit and a maximum of at least 30-40 player controlled regiments.

Hardware is surpassing what they're creating; decent hardware these days has no problem at all running M2TW at extreme resolutions with full AA. I'd rather see more troops on the battlefield than a few more polygons or shadows in the next game.

Dearmad
12-18-2006, 00:11
Do you people have any notion of reality here. The pathfinding right now is already in the gutter. Do you really want a blob of men who can't move from sitting to standing!?

Talk about CPU bound... :laugh4:

itkotw
12-20-2006, 05:04
The battle editor allows unit sizes of up to 300 men. Saddly, they didnt bother coding it into the rest of the game.