PDA

View Full Version : Proper guides to the eastern factions anyone?

quende
12-17-2006, 12:10
Hey I wondered if there were any guides on Pontus and Hayasdan. The Seleucids of course is hard on the small borderland kingdoms, granting no mercy or pause for slow expansion into smaller kingdoms (rebel settlements). I usually try to avoid war with them in the beginning as long as possible, but the war with them starts pretty early on H/H.

I wondered if there are any chance of getting to recruit phalanxes in allied kingdoms or in satrap states on highest levels in the military buildings.(4 and 5) I love to play as Hayasdan, but hate the lack of reliable infantry. All I do now is to ride back and forth with my archers and cavalry taking out phalanxes and other infantry. Only mayor trouble is when they field their "armored thanks" a.k.a the cataphrats (spelling) in combination with high level infantry.

Any advise on how to go from a small successor state to reclaim large parts of Aleksanders empire is much appreciated.

Quende

Moros
12-17-2006, 18:48
Hayasdan gets two types of reliable infatry if I'm not mistaken. Mardig swordsmen and some kind of noble infantry unit, I believe.

All the advice I can give is in that other thread calles Seleukids. But you've read that already, I guess.