PDA

View Full Version : Adding Recruitable Bodyguards

DerrangedMusketeer
12-17-2006, 15:13
Hi, I was wondering if you guys could help me. I want to add Recruitable bodyguards for all factions. I know I have to add them to the recruitment pool but it has no explanation on what the numbers mean :dizzy2: etc. I was wondering if someone could post a tutorial on adding them for me, I have searched but found nothing. If it is any use to you I want to add Early bodyguards to Fortresses and Dismounted NE Bodyguards and Late bodyguards to Citadels. I also want them to have a small pool 1-2 and for them to be relatively slow to replenish. It would be a great help to me and any help is appreciated

scsscsfanfan
12-19-2006, 06:41
hi DerrangedMusketeer,
this mod should be relatively easy.
Dismounted NE BG is avaliable to all the NE factions already in the EDU file, and all the unit cards are in place. all you need to do is to add a line in the export_descr_building.txt file, and use the mod switch to launch on your mod folder.
I'm at work at the moment so I can't show you exectly how you do it but all you need to do is to copy & paste the line with "unit pool peasants" and change "peasants" to "Dismounted NE Bodygard" (or early/late bodygard) at desired castle level. I can't remember whether the explaination of the numbers are the begining of the file or not, can't check this as i'm at work now.

if you need to add to factions other then NE, then have to wait someone find out how to mod the model files.

good luck.