PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Resources

dutchfubar
12-17-2006, 17:53
I have two questions:
1. Maybe I missed it but what does hidden_resource mean exactly?
2. Is it possible to have a condition which checks if the building is in a certain region? For example it should only be possible to make longbowmen in wales.

alpaca
12-17-2006, 18:29
Moved to modding questions

Your second question bears the answer to your first one. Hidden resources can be set in data/world/maps/base/descr_regions.txt, but aren't shown in-game.
If a region has a hidden_resource that is declared in export_descr_buildings.txt you can check it as a requirement in export_descr_buildings

dutchfubar
12-18-2006, 12:27
Tnx for the reply. So I tested the hidden_resource thing and this is how I understand it works: So for example London and Nottingham both have in the descr_regions file the hidden_resource England_Wales. And in the export_descr_buildings file I have a certain unit which has the condition hidden_resource England_Wales. Now when I play the campaign I have to capture both London and Nottingham to be able to recruit that certain unit, but when I capture the settlements I can recruit the unit in every settlement I have.
That's nice, but is it also possible to have a condition which checks in which settlement the building is. So that a unit can only be recruited in that certain settlement. What I mean is, is there a condition which can be used in the export_descr_building file that does something like this: IsBuildingInRegion London.
Ohw and another question, I haven't checked it but is it possible to use the 'or' operator in the export_descr_building file?

alpaca
12-18-2006, 17:37
No, you got that wrong.
If you control a settlement with the hidden resource, and you have a unit with this hidden resource as a requirement, you can only recruit that unit in this settlement.

dutchfubar
12-18-2006, 20:35
Ok, so clearly I am doing something wrong then. I tested it with the english faction, I picked a hidden resource (from the descr_regions file) which the london province had, and another province of england didn't had (in this case tin). I put it in the row with the other hidden_resources in the export_descr_building file and picked out a english unit and have this as a condition. requires factions { england, } and hidden_resource tin. Also to make things more transparent I made the unit recruitable in every level of castle and city (So I don't have to make a barracks).
What happens is that every settlement is able to build the unit.

alpaca
12-18-2006, 20:54
That's because tin is no hidden resource but a resource... Use resource in your requires clause and it should work

dutchfubar
12-19-2006, 14:10
I tested it with the condition: resource tin and that works perfect. But if I use a hidden resource for some reason it won't work. I used an already excisting hidden resource which is in the list and I still get the unit in every settlement. Apart from the stuff which i have to put in the export_descr_building and descr_regions file is there something else I should do?

noas
06-29-2007, 20:59
Is there a limit for total number of hidden resources or hidden resources per region.or is there a limit for normal resources+hidden ones?

alpaca
06-29-2007, 22:11
There's a limit for hidden resources of 64

noas
06-30-2007, 11:33
thanks for info.but the otherones are unlimited.normal resources (for trade) and resources per region.

alpaca
06-30-2007, 23:57
thanks for info.but the otherones are unlimited.normal resources (for trade) and resources per region.
You can't add trade resources at all, and I don't know if there's a limit on resources per region.