PDA

View Full Version : FMV folder

Olmsted
12-17-2006, 19:16
I haven't found anything searching through these forums, but I have a question about the FMV folder. I am currently playing M2TW v1.1 with the files unpacked. I am using a modswitcher setup to keep more than one copy of M2TW on my computer. When I play the game using my mod, however, I cannot see the assassination and infiltration movies. I am 99% sure these are in the FMV folder, but I don't want to have to copy the entire FMV folder into my mymod\data folder. Is there a way around this? Do I need to copy the entire FMV folder? Or do I only need a few files from it (as was the case with the data\sounds folder)?

Would using a MedManager setup or something like that solve this problem?

Thank you in advance for any help.

PS - My apologies for not posting this in the "Modding Questions" forum. That's where I thought I was when I hit New Topic (that's the problem with multiple tabs).

Spino
12-18-2006, 19:43
I haven't found anything searching through these forums, but I have a question about the FMV folder. I am currently playing M2TW v1.1 with the files unpacked. I am using a modswitcher setup to keep more than one copy of M2TW on my computer. When I play the game using my mod, however, I cannot see the assassination and infiltration movies. I am 99% sure these are in the FMV folder, but I don't want to have to copy the entire FMV folder into my mymod\data folder. Is there a way around this? Do I need to copy the entire FMV folder? Or do I only need a few files from it (as was the case with the data\sounds folder)?

Would using a MedManager setup or something like that solve this problem?

Thank you in advance for any help.

PS - My apologies for not posting this in the "Modding Questions" forum. That's where I thought I was when I hit New Topic (that's the problem with multiple tabs).

I ran into this problem when I recently tried Lusted LTC mod. You do not need to copy the entire fmv folder into your mod's folder. Simply create a folder called 'fmv' in your mod's folder and then copy the assassination and infiltration folders from the default fmv folder into your mod's folder.

Olmsted
12-19-2006, 00:36
Well, I suppose 750 megs is better than 3 gigs, so I'll just do that. Thank you for your help. If anyone figures out a method that saves more space, please let me know.