PDA

View Full Version : Mod Question

forkman
12-17-2006, 20:19
Hi guys, I am new to modding in MTW2 . I have a questions is there a mod for receiving funds every turn. Also I would like to know if like in RTW you could edit the game file and give your self basically unlimited amount of funds.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Thorn Is
12-17-2006, 21:22
you could always just use the ingame cheat

press ~ butten to bring up menu
then I believe its
add_money XXXX (the x's being the amount you wish to add)

forkman
12-18-2006, 00:09
I know of the that cheat.
But i was wondering if there was a mod which provides a steady stream of money every turn.

But thanks for the response.

HaroldVonBraver
12-19-2006, 01:19
Just edit the desc_strat.txt to start your faction with 100,000,000 and you'll have all the money you'll ever need. With a maximum of nine (9) digits or else you'll get a weird number after starting your game.

Don't know if this is what you mean or want but hope it helps.

seneschal.the
12-19-2006, 01:47
descr_strat.txt is in data\maps\campaign\imperial campaign

Every faction has this line:

denari_kings_purse xxxx (e.g. 2500)

Just change the sum and you will get that amount per turn.

forkman
12-26-2006, 22:23
Thanks for the advice I Tired editing the desc strat but I cant save the file . It says that it cant create the save. It says to check that the path and file name are correct.

Foz
12-27-2006, 23:07
Thanks for the advice I Tired editing the desc strat but I cant save the file . It says that it cant create the save. It says to check that the path and file name are correct.
Check the usuals:

- Make sure you aren't running M2TW or otherwise have the file open with any other program than your editor of choice when you're trying to edit/save it, as this would lock the file from being changed. Sometimes a restart is necessary to make a hanging process let go of the file.

- Make sure you have pointed the computer at a valid location. The easiest way to check this is to actually navigate in the save dialog to the desired folder where you want it saved, as that isn't possible if your save path is broken. Also if you have used any odd characters in your save path, try saving somewhere without odd characters in the path, as some editors take issue with particular characters that seem harmless to us.

- Check the properties of the file. If it's been set to read-only, then you wouldn't be able to modify it at all until you untick that.

If anyone has anything I've missed, feel free to chime in.