PDA

View Full Version : Triggers - what's possible and what isn't?

Roy1991
12-17-2006, 21:31
I'm thinking about creating a small mod to make crusades more interesting.
It'll require a lot of triggers, and because I have only little experience with those so far (only did some basic triggers in RTW), I thought I'd first ask what's possible and what isn't, before I start messing everything up :sweatdrop:

- Can the conquest of a specified settlement be the trigger for a new faction to emerge?

If the answer to the above question is positive I'll add some more questions, if it's impossible just forget about this thread, because in that case the whole idea for the mod won't work :idea2:

Thanks in advance.

seneschal.the
12-18-2006, 22:08
Not sure if there is a trigger for just that.

Speculation:

You could possibly work around it by having a check like the mongols/timruids datewise, and if a settlement is not rebel/specific faction then spawn Unholy Hordes of Pancakes thing.

Roy1991
12-18-2006, 22:38
Not sure if there is a trigger for just that.

Speculation:

You could possibly work around it by having a check like the mongols/timruids datewise, and if a settlement is not rebel/specific faction then spawn Unholy Hordes of Pancakes thing.

Thanks for the advice, but that probably won't work with my idea ~:)
(What I'd like to do is have the Kingdom of Jerusalem emerge after the first succesful crusade against Jerussalem).

alpaca
12-19-2006, 00:08
Should be possible, you can use
monitor_event OccupySettlement SettlementName Jerusalem

And do the rest as for the Mongols/Timurids (although I don't know yet how to add events)

Roy1991
12-24-2006, 16:43

Would this be the correct trigger?

monitor_event OccupySettlement SettlementName Jerusalem
add_events
event emergent_faction the_kingdom_of_jerusalem
date 0
region Jerusalem_Province

;;; KINGDOM OF JERUSALEM SCRIPT
spawn_army
faction the_kingdom_of_jerusalem
(characters + armies)

terminate_monitor
end_monitor

Some more questions:

- How can you add in-game messages? (like the historical event messages)
What I'd like to do is to 'force' other catholic factions to help the KoJ if it's running low on money/troops.
So, I'd like to have a message appear that if, for example, the KoJ has less than 5000 florins, asks the other catholic factions to donate money to the KoJ.

I suppose the trigger for that is something like:

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType the_kingdom_of_jerusalem
and not I_LocalFaction the_kingdom_of_jerusalem
and Treasury <5000
????????

end_monitor

- Is it possible to make an unbreakable alliance? (to prevent the catholic AI factions from getting themselves in too much trouble by attacking the KoJ)

Thanks in advance :help: