PDA

View Full Version : 2H Animation fix

vaultdweller
12-18-2006, 10:38
Thanks goes to zxiang1983 for pointing out at TWC that the pack.idx file can be made readable by the RTW IDX extractor if a few bytes of header information are edited in a hex editor.

The first demo featured billmen, various dismounted polearm knights, etc that could successfully attack cavalry, unlike the ones in the full version. I have repacked the first demo's pack.dat/pack.idx to include the missing princess animations that caused a CTD in campaign mode when attempting to use the demo animations in the full version game.

I've tested all English Billmen units, Dismounted English Knights, Dismounted Noble Knights, and Varangian Guard. All can successfully attack cavalry using the same animations they used in the original demo.

I've also let the game run through 30 turns of a campaign game to confirm that there were no more campaign-related CTDs.

To install, simply extract to your /data/animations folder (do I need to tell y ou to backup original files before overwriting?).

If anyone does encounter any CTDs while using this mod, please post the end of your log file. It's possible there may still be missing animations in this pack, but it should not be a problem to include them.

Download Link 1 (Rapidshare) (http://rapidshare.com/files/7967703/animations.zip.html)

More download links will follow, I have to upload it other places first :)

vaultdweller
12-18-2006, 10:50
Okay, this was meant to be posted in M2TW modding forum. My bad! Please move, Mods : )

Myrddraal
12-19-2006, 04:30
Moved.

pevergreen
12-19-2006, 13:12
Just as a caution to other members, I have found Rapidshare incredibly bad in the past, so no surprise here when i found the file was corrupted. If you go over the the TWC and get the actual thread, download zxiang1983's version from another location, such as filefront.

Just a caution, I can't say the rapidshare links are bad for all.

Edit: TWC link : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=74094

redmark
12-19-2006, 23:38
Just as a caution to other members, I have found Rapidshare incredibly bad in the past, so no surprise here when i found the file was corrupted.

Note... If you got the file quite early after it was posted, it may be that it wasn't actually corrupted; but the Windows XP built in unzipper says it is because it couldn't read it. Opening with WinRar (or infact just renaming to .rar, if you have WinRar installed) it worked fine. Except for the Halberd problem, so zxiang's is the better one to use.