PDA

View Full Version : Galloglaich

ezekiel6
12-18-2006, 16:36
Hi,
I have been searching on this forum and others about adding units to factions. I have read that it is easier to add merc units than completely new ones. So I have added Galloglaich to the Scots, through the EDU and EDB txt files. The units appear in the campaign, except they have a different Galloglaich card from the norm and they don't have textures (they're white). In the EDB I have tried typing in Galloglaich and Galloglaich Mercs, both of which have the same effect. If the merc textures are available to all factions how do I get them to show up correctly. Also the voice isn't right and they call out spearmen when yo select them.

Cheers.

Sir Robin the Brave
12-23-2006, 22:44
try copying the galloglaich_merc.texture and renaming it to galloglaich_scot.texture. It may sort out the texture problem

Musashi
12-23-2006, 22:48
Actually it won't... You'll have to add a texture entry in the data/unit_models/battle_models.modeldb file. Sorry!

ezekiel6
12-24-2006, 01:13
Thanks guys for getting back to me. I solved the problem a few days ago. When I was using ctrl+F to find Galloglaich, I didn't realise there was a merc entry too. When I found it though, I just changed the descr_buildings.txt to build Galloglaich Mercs instead and that fixed it.
Cheers for your help though.