PDA

View Full Version : Amphibious landings-YES (well, sorta)

Headlocked
12-18-2006, 19:44
See attached pic- I'm Danes, Scotland and England both landed 6-7 unit strong armies against me.

https://img290.imageshack.us/img290/1561/0000zo2.jpg

Now here is the caveat:
I THINK this has something to do with the fact that I land-bridge'd (i.e with one of those green arrow things) England with France; this, i suspect, gave the AI the nudge that the continent was open for assault, as it could see a clear way of re-inforcing any troops it landed on the mainland. :idea2:

It did indeed do this- I made peace with England and the army in my territory turned on the Scottish one; it was defeated but intact, and a few turns later i saw re-inforcements coming up the coast from Bruges. :yes:

Later playing as England, I confirmed this AI behaviour:
Scotland sent three armies down through England and across the channel, over the aforementioned landbridge, to attack Bruges and Antwerp. It also re-inforced these by sea, and picked up one army that was stuck cos the Danes had captured Antwerp before it got there in time. :wall:

Also, the Danes landed an army right beside London- i was allied, so I suspect the intention was to capture Caernavon. However, i had killed a Danish spy two turns before, in London;my garrison was low right then, so it is possible the danish AI was working off old info- ie that london was easy,and it could break the alliance and kill my capital in one go. :smash:

So; success!

The above might sound like giving the AI too much credit; but it is sometimes quite devious! And there arehidden depths to this game, constantly. :book:

I love it :yes:

HDD

Lusted
12-18-2006, 19:48
Erm, you do know that naval invasions happen all the time with patch 1.1 right?

Headlocked
12-18-2006, 20:15
ah.

yah just saw that thread.....

:oops:

HDD

:edit: the landbridge definately makes a difference to the AIs sytragey- it concentrates more troops on one region, where as the 1.1 amphib assaults are more like 'take a chance' attacks. Might sound obvious.... :)