PDA

View Full Version : Adding units in descr_strat

SgtPepper
12-18-2006, 23:10
Hello,

I have a little problem with adding units in the descr_strat. I'm trying to create an army in the descr_strat so I can start with a full army (just for the fun of it). The problem is, it seems that certain units can't be inserted through the descr_strat. I have tried it with a few units of England. Certain units like arqebusiers, sherwood archers, english knights can be inserted. I can start a new campaign and everything works fine. But if I try too put in retinue longbowmen, catapults, culverin and armoured swordsmen, I can't start a new campaign, whenever I click on continue I just get rerouted to the main menu. Anyone have a idea what to do?

Cheers,

HaroldVonBraver
12-19-2006, 01:14
I think it has to do with the correct names of the units you want to start with. I don't what else they could be named but I'm thinking it may be that. Playing around with my HRE starting armies, I could not start with any of the cannon units even tho there are ready to be recruited right from the start. I can start with anything else even mercenary units. If I figure out anything I'll keep you posted.

redmark
12-19-2006, 03:39
Retinue longbowmen, for some reason, are actually Dismounted Longbowmen. Try that.

mor dan
12-19-2006, 07:41
Retinue Longbowmen are called Dismounted Longbowmen. Mounted Longbowmen are currently turned off for custom battles, and are not included in the export_descr_buildings file.

all siege equipment is named for its area, thus there are additions to their names. a trebuchet for England would be labeled as a NE Trebuchet, as in Northern European.

all of the information can be found in the export_descr_unit file found here:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=73971

SgtPepper
12-20-2006, 00:59
It works thanks mates!