PDA

View Full Version : New Loading Screens Available

Headlocked
12-19-2006, 19:30
As so:

This file contains new loading screen images for Medieval 2:Total War

This is version 1.0, containing 10 new screens.

All images are screenshots of events and views from within the game, with the minimum of additional work added in Photoshop; generally, I have limited modification to contrast/brightness and layout.

The images are in 1024x768, TGA format. I intend to utimately provide 20-30 new screens.

To install, extract the images to "C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\data\loading_screen"

They are already numbered 18-27 and will simply sit inside the folder alongside the original 17 loading sceens.

Enough work has been done to justify calling this my own work, with credit given to CA for creating such a fantastic looking game.

You may use these images within your own installation of Medieval 2. If you use them in anything that you distribute- (usually a Mod of M2:TW, but not definate) you MUST give credit to me.

EDIT: I *think* you must have your files unpacked in order to see the loading_screen folder in the Data folder. If anyone finds different, pls let me know.

If you want to contact me, send a PM.
Enjoy! :)

Cheers,
HDD

-http://www.mizus.com/files/files/M2TW/art/HDDs_LOADING_SCREENS_10.rar-

copy & paste the above address into any explorer/firefox address bar, press enter and up will pop a small window asking do you want save; click yes:)

mor dan
12-19-2006, 21:30
cannot d/l

the link copies like this:

http://www.mizus.com/files/files/M2T...SCREENS_10.rar

when i click your link it just takes me to your homepage, but i cannot find the RAR in your files section. also, i don't have a "loading_screen" folder in my original directory. is this from unpacking the files?

mor dan
12-19-2006, 23:02
well, it isn't working in the mymods folder under data/loading_screen/*.tga

do screens 1-17 have to be present? i already messed everything up once unpacking everything and had to re-install, so i have no intentions of ever doing it again... not mention the fact it takes up another 7gigs of space.

Headlocked
12-21-2006, 14:19
hmm i was certain i replied to your post...strange.

anyways:
1.Thanks for the interest!
2. I guess 1-17 need to be present; i cannot provide them for you, as they are vanilla files and the org. rules ban distributing what is essentially copyrighted CA files. If they are in your own mod, try renaming the files 1-10 etc. I do not think the game needs 17,(original amount) per se. Just the numbering sequence probably.
3. I have unpacked everything myself; i have had no problems though; i backup any files i am about to change, and keep a log of changes, to a new folder.

mor dan
12-21-2006, 20:56
awesome.. that worked renaming 1-10. what did you use to adjust the brightness? they are too light for my settings. i look forward to any new papers you come up with = )

Headlocked
12-21-2006, 21:45
Photoshop was used for any changes.

Cheers again; v2.0, v.soon.

HDD