PDA

View Full Version : Mod Idea: Diplomacy to Force Troops off your Land

OMGLAZERS
12-19-2006, 21:18
{Copypasta from the main MTW2 Area since I feel this is an option needed by the modding community since CA can't be relied on to take every idea into serious consideration}

With the introduction of the new AI which is exponentially more aggressive, I think that CA's top priority among the other bugs and such is to add a new diplomacy option in which you inform other countries that their army is on your soil, and they have to immediately leave or declare war, and it's THEIR fault.

How silly is it that the player must get military access permission from countries in order not to piss them off, or the Pope, but they can march their troops right through your country and you cannot do a damn thing about it. And if you do, you are blamed by the Pope!

Also, with naval invasions, you are blamed once again! How can you be expected to stop a naval invasion without this option! You will ALWAYS get blamed for starting a war.

I am also going to copy-pasta this post into the main MTW2 forum area because I think it is the one thing every single member of the TW community would love to see right now.

Thats it from me for today. :wall:

Anubis King
12-20-2006, 20:41
yes this is a mod I NEED and I mean NEED!!!

serenius4tsd
12-21-2006, 00:19
I agree. :yes:

Kobal2fr
12-21-2006, 11:50
Easier to mod the AI so that it doesn't send troops in your lands unless he wants a war :yes:. That's what I'm working on.

The AI will still pass troops through if need be though (on their way to somewhere else) because I'm not sure I can mod pathfinding choices.

Shigawire
12-21-2006, 15:15
Very important! Crucial...

OMGLAZERS
12-22-2006, 20:00
Easier to mod the AI so that it doesn't send troops in your lands unless he wants a war :yes:. That's what I'm working on.

The AI will still pass troops through if need be though (on their way to somewhere else) because I'm not sure I can mod pathfinding choices.

Perhaps, but I wonder if there's a way using the 'move_character' - ish console to create such a feature.

I think it's rather silly that military access and Pope ceasefires only make your life harder, not the aggressor/annoying fly.