PDA

View Full Version : Aging 1 Year/Turn Mod

AltarisGreyhawke
12-20-2006, 00:04
I have uploaded a mod that causes aging to occur once every turn, rather than once every two turns like vanilla.

This mod is perfect for anyone who runs at a timescale of 1.00, and wants realistic aging to occur on that timescale.

I have tested the results, and it works flawlessly in causing 1 year aging every turn without being noticeable to the player.

Below is a link to the mod for anyone interested:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...do=file&id=960

The process works as a variation of Myrrdaal's 4tpy script for RTW. Since aging occurs when a turn ends on a winter season, this mod forces the season to change to winter immediately after the Rebel Factions finishes its turn (last thing in the turn). So, aging immediately occurs after each turn.

On every other turn, the season corrects itself as well, so alternating seasons still exist. To the player, this all occurs without any side effects, and has worked like in a charm in my tests.

Thought this might be of use and/or interest to some of you other modders out there.

alpaca
12-20-2006, 00:17
Sounds nice. Will definitely check it out :yes:

ihategamespy
12-20-2006, 15:31
Thanx a lot. A game lasting around 475 turns sounds a lot more fun than a game lasting almost a thousand turns.

Now i guess all i need to do is multiply build times for units and buildings by two, slow down pop growth a bit and im good to go. And maybe slow down income or increase costs, im not sure which is easier.