PDA

View Full Version : MTR and RTR merger

kataphraktoi
12-20-2006, 01:58
MTR and RTR are merging into THE TOTAL REALISM team for the modification of MTW2.

With access to a larger team and talented people we'll be able to achieve a lot of great things with this modification as well as release it faster than expected. :whip:

econ21
12-20-2006, 03:15
That's good news, Kataphractoi, for the reason you give. You have a great project and the more resources you can bring in for it, the better. Plus RTR is an amazing mod - I gather the turnover in that team is high, but if you can get more access to the talent behind it, that's great. :2thumbsup:

MSB
12-20-2006, 19:31
Sorry to be pessimistic about this, but I don't like the sound of it. RTR was not a complete failure, in the days when I played it for a while I quite enjoyed it although it was a little too much like vanilla and it had two less factions, it just did not achieve it's goal of historical accuracy. I am pretty sure that the same will now happen to MTR and we will get plenty of blatant historical inaccuracies that other mods could easily fix. I know they are fixing some of their history bugs in 7.0, but look how long it has taken them to do something as simple as that. Sorry to have to say this but, RTR was rushed.

Sorry again, but I just don't feel that this is a very positive thing. We must now brace ourselves for a very rushed modification.

Darkarbiter
12-21-2006, 09:59
Sorry to be pessimistic about this, but I don't like the sound of it. RTR was not a complete failure, in the days when I played it for a while I quite enjoyed it although it was a little too much like vanilla and it had two less factions, it just did not achieve it's goal of historical accuracy. I am pretty sure that the same will now happen to MTR and we will get plenty of blatant historical inaccuracies that other mods could easily fix. I know they are fixing some of their history bugs in 7.0, but look how long it has taken them to do something as simple as that. Sorry to have to say this but, RTR was rushed.

Sorry again, but I just don't feel that this is a very positive thing. We must now brace ourselves for a very rushed modification.
*wonders what version above poster is playing...

Subedei
12-21-2006, 11:16
Well, i think this is good news. Lots of talent & potential. Best of luck to all of the members!!!! Always enjoyed your work!

MSB
12-21-2006, 20:24
*wonders what version above poster is playing...
The "above poster" was playing RTR PE. It also had a hard install with lots of technical things that you had to do to get it to work. And what I have said about historical accuracy is true, RTR members have admitted it themselves on TWC. Just play EB 0.74 to find out how much more they could have done to get success in their goal.

Darkarbiter
12-22-2006, 14:57
The "above poster" was playing RTR PE. It also had a hard install with lots of technical things that you had to do to get it to work. And what I have said about historical accuracy is true, RTR members have admitted it themselves on TWC. Just play EB 0.74 to find out how much more they could have done to get success in their goal.
There are currently over 12,000 people (-a few alts) registered at the RTR forums 99% of them do not reflect the veiws of RTR officially. There are more people who have jedi as their religion in the UK then think RTR is unhistorical. Go figure. EB is a different mod that some people find more or less realistic.

Just because someone claimed to be a RTR member and posted something at the TWC doesnt meen anything just pointing that out.

MSB
12-22-2006, 20:36
Actually no, I will not say what I was going to say. All I am going to say is look at this thread of yours (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=71244).

RTR starts out with a unified Gaul, Germania, Iberia and Greek Cities. Fifty years down the line those place were not historically unified. So why does RTR do that then! Explain your accuracy hypothesis with some (decent) reasons.

Oh and the RTR 7.0 faction list is a clone of EB 0.74's faction list with rebellions that EB has put in by modding the rebel standards. I wonder why :smug:

shifty157
12-22-2006, 20:45
Well at this rate this thread is going to be closed too.

Obviously they thought the merger was in their best interest and i hope it works out for them.

MSB
12-22-2006, 20:50
So do I. Good luck with producing a brilliant mod. You really do need it :san_sad:

Shahed
12-22-2006, 21:26
Who is the project leader and do you have a website already ?

Good luck.

kataphraktoi
12-25-2006, 10:46
Until we finalise the details of the merger, it seems Desertfox and I are the leaders for the project, at the moment, he's busy with RTR so I guess im the active leader for MTR at the moment.