PDA

View Full Version : Difficulity level

Lavos
12-20-2006, 17:27
Some have noticed that, since patch, difficulity levels set during game setup have some quite noticable morale changes (higher diff, lower morale). I've tried them a little and I quite like the gamepay with diff set on very hard. Morale is low, so cheap horses are not so effective, you can rout opponent's archers just by killing couple of them, one good charge into back or side of opponent means routing, and cavalry retreat is hampered much since most of the time it just makes your cavalry running away. Theres also some bad sides since chainrouts seams to be back and one big problem is that you cant see difficulity that host set, unless you look at log file afther battle.

Lavos
12-20-2006, 17:36
Continuing... (sry, seams I cant find edit message button)

Anyway, I posted that here since most of the players dont even know that there is an option about this, since its uder 'AI difficulity' in setting game when you host.

|Heerbann|_Di3Hard
12-20-2006, 17:59
Continuing... (sry, seams I cant find edit message button)

Anyway, I posted that here since most of the players dont even know that there is an option about this, since its uder 'AI difficulity' in setting game when you host.

Sry I don't understand. The host has to set the difficulty? I thought it is now ones over normal. But if every host can set an own difficulty level would be horrible.

Puzz3D
12-20-2006, 18:13
It was broken before and always defaulted to normal no matter what difficulty the host chose. What's good about the difficulty setting is it gives players control over morale level and fatigue rate. Over time the players can figure out the best setting. Chain routing is ok as long as it doesn't happen so easily that a quick 2 on 1 is all that's needed to win a team game because the enemy allies have no chance to respond, and I'm talking about reactive response not anticipation. It's not good that joiners can't see the difficulty setting, but I suppose you can ask the host and if it's not to your liking leave the game.

Lavos
12-20-2006, 18:54
Sry I don't understand. The host has to set the difficulty? I thought it is now ones over normal. But if every host can set an own difficulty level would be horrible.

Host can set it. Most of the games you play are on normal, since little people knows what that option does, and leave it at default.

UglyandHasty
12-20-2006, 22:55
I host on very hard, and to be frank, i didnt notice much change in cav strenght. Infantry/missiles rout much faster though. I've seen full units(minus a few loses) routed just by a movement on their flank.

Fenix7
12-21-2006, 00:28
This was already mentioned somewhere . This is an idea from RTW as far I recall and that feature is taken from SP and doesn't change anything in MP.

UglyandHasty
12-21-2006, 04:14
I beg to differ. The difficulty have an impact on morale, i'd bet on it. I've seen chain rout on VH that dont happen at normal difficulty.

pevergreen
12-21-2006, 05:35
Rout by movement on flank? Thats just not cool. Even spears shouldnt rout at something like that.