PDA

View Full Version : A trigger for GoodDiplomacy

Jace11
12-22-2006, 18:45
I note many people are annoyed about not being able to upgrade their diplmats traits. This seem to be due to missing triggers - people have stated that GoodDiplomat isn't working, and now there also seems to a problem with antitraits removing all boosted traits and ressetting it to 0.

I have tried a new trigger. I seem to be able to use it for diplomats, so when they successfully negotiate trade rights, alliances, offer gifts etc -they get a boost in GoodDiplomat. I need to check how a failure in negotiations works though - so a bit more testing required.

Will get back to you on this - and it shouldn't be hard to incorprate into mods etc.

Jace11
12-22-2006, 19:13
Sorry..

After a lot of testing, it is obvious my new trigger is not responsible, though it did seem to work quite often, I was getting lots of GoodDiplomat upgrades...

I have found that GoodDiplomat CAN be triggered with the normal triggers, it just happens very very rarely..

As the trigger that boosts it is set at 100%, then there is another variable somewhere stopping this.

Sarastro
12-24-2006, 20:37
Diplomats, Princesses, Assassins etc not gaining/losing trait points correctly is fixed in my Vices & Virtues FIXES mod (on this site). Mod was made purely to fix errors in character traits & ancilliaries, so it won't alter your gameplay except in activating all the broken trait stuff.

Also, beware that GoodDiplomacy is a triggerless (broken) trait for family members, GoodDiplomat is the diplomat skill trait ;)