PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty Setting is not fixed

Dionysus9
12-24-2006, 02:23
If you watch closely, when you set the difficulty to HARD or VERY HARD, it switches itself back to MEDIUM automatically as you are moving forward to the army selection screen. If you move back to the difficulty settings, you will see it is now set to MEDIUM. Very frustrating, especially since the patch professed to fix this specific problem.

YellowMelon
12-24-2006, 02:51
How does this affect MP since you cannot use bots anyway...or can you?

Grey_Fox
12-24-2006, 03:07
You can play with or against the AI in MP games.

ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88
12-24-2006, 04:25
To me, why Play with bots online when you got Custom games? they only good for when you really depasrte in a team game..

CeltiberoMordred
12-24-2006, 12:18
How does this affect MP since you cannot use bots anyway...or can you?

Difficulty settings stablish the exhaustion rate and the rout point of units.

The harder, the faster units get tired and the faster they rout.

YellowMelon
12-24-2006, 18:22
That is def something good to know :) Thanks Mordred, I never knew that!

Realturka
12-24-2006, 18:37
Buuggs! Help Meee! They're Everywhere!

Dionysus9
12-24-2006, 20:08
It would be good to know IF you could actually alter the difficulty level, but since its still stuck on MEDIUM (even though the patch was supposed to fix it), such knowledge is actually useless.

YellowMelon
12-24-2006, 20:44
Well, only for a short time hopefully :P

Dionysus9
12-24-2006, 21:22
We can hope, I guess; though it was reportedly (by Sega) fixed in this patch-- but actually is not fixed. This does not give me a lot of confidence.

*keeping fingers crossed for a Christmas Miracle*

CeltiberoMordred
12-25-2006, 10:18
The difficulty setting appears in the logfile? Maybe it reverts to medium only if you go back to difficulty selection screen. I will add this to the bug list. Thanks Bachus.

TexRoadkill
12-25-2006, 10:30
I don't see how that confirms it doesn't work. If you go back to the beginning of the server setup it also resets the # of players to 8 but that doesn't mean your original setting wasn't active for that game.

Lavos
12-26-2006, 17:22
I don't see how that confirms it doesn't work. If you go back to the beginning of the server setup it also resets the # of players to 8 but that doesn't mean your original setting wasn't active for that game.

True, difficulities are defanitly fixed. I don't know how can anyone even say they aren't. Did anyone, stating they are broken, even try it on different levels?

Merry Christmas.

Dionysus9
12-26-2006, 20:17
Thanks Mordred, whether it actually registers the difficulty change or not-- its still a bug. Good points Tex and Lavos. Yes I have tried it on different levels, but not scientifically. I played several 5k games at VERY HARD and MEDIUM and and didn't notice any difference. My troops and the enemies fought for longer than they should have at VERY HARD, and fought for the same length of time on MEDIUM.

At 5k any morale differences should be magnified, not reduced-- so I should have noticed something.

Anyway, I'm just reporting what I see, not conducting a test. If you watch carefully when you select NEXT it changes back to MEDIUM before you see the next screen, the other settings on that page don't change themselves-- just Difficulty. This is what it was doing pre-patch, and it didn't work-- Its not very encouraging.

I'll play some 15k's on various settings (Easy vs. Very hard), next time I get a chance to play (which is rarely)...

I hope I'm wrong, but to me it doesn't look like this problem is fixed. Somebody proove me wrong, please.

CeltiberoMordred
12-26-2006, 21:58
In custom battle exhaustion works. Troops tire faster in very hard.

Dionysus9
12-27-2006, 01:25
Ok, I take your word for it-- might as well close this thread since I've created a panic.

Sorry.

Shahed
12-27-2006, 02:44
Why ? How does custom prove that it also works in MP ?

Dionysus9
12-28-2006, 04:12
good point Sinan, as always