PDA

View Full Version : Thirteenth Century Interactive!

Motep
12-24-2006, 03:38
Figured that the 1200s are a good even number.

It is the year 1200, And Europe is ripe with conflict. Carve your own path in Europe,the way you want to.

Nations:

England-
;;;Scotland- {{CountArach}}
Sweeden-
;;;Holy Roman Empire- {{ Warluster}}
Denmark-
;;;France- {{Ignoramus}}
Aragon-
;;;Castile- {{{AntiochusIII}}}
Leon-
Portugal-
Almohads-
;;;Papacy- {{Me! (Motep dra Uha Dnia Mazzat)}}
Sicily-
;;;;Byzantines- {{Julian}}
Ottomans-
;;;New Armenians- {{IrishArmenian}}
Ayyubids (Egyptians or Sejuks)-
Bulgaria-
Hungary-
Novgorod- {{Patriarch}}
Poland-
;;;Prussia- {{Csar}}

Now I shall set some ground rules:

I will give choices for each nation to make. These do not need to be followed, and you are free to make your own choices. Pm the choices to me, or you can make them public and post them here. Once all of these choices are in, I shall make a chapter out of them. If said chioces lead to a battle, I will compute army strength and quality to determine what army will win.

I will need each joining player to post information about the population and current army size. If you are moving troops, note the percentage of your army that is being moved. Population will be increased every turn by 1 percent. If your army size exeeds 10 percent of your population total, you face riots and other signs of civil unrest.

Diplomacy:

Everybody is nuetral. I dont care about who was historically at war in 1200, but everybody is nuetral for the sake of sparing confusion.

Map:
These will be updated every chapter.
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l156/Motep_the_Great/europe_1200.jpg

IrishArmenian
12-24-2006, 07:17
Sign me up as New Armenia.

Csargo
12-24-2006, 18:54
England

Motep
12-24-2006, 18:54
It shall be done!

Ignoramus
12-25-2006, 05:05
France, for the roi.

Warluster
12-25-2006, 22:42
Holy Roman Empire please!

CountArach
12-27-2006, 00:20
I'll start as Scotland please.

Csargo
12-27-2006, 03:41
Can I switch to Prussia instead?

Motep
12-27-2006, 08:01
We can start this thing!

choices:
Scotland:
Attack: (specify)
diplomacy
nothin

Motep
12-27-2006, 08:01
We can start this thing!

choices:
Scotland:
diplomacy
nothin

HRE:
unificate (re-take swizerland and bohemia) (takes 2 turns)
Attack (specify)
diplomacy
nothing

France:
unificate (takes 3 turns) (re-takes flanders, champiagn, and holland)
attack (specify
diplomacy
nothin

Pope:
custom

Armenians:
attack (specify)
diploacy
nothing

Prussia:
Propaganda: attempt to re-take people friendly to you in Denmark (50$ chance)
Attack (specify
Diplomacy
Nothing

Csargo
12-27-2006, 08:22
We can start this thing!

choices:
Scotland:
diplomacy
nothin

HRE:
unificate (re-take swizerland and bohemia) (takes 2 turns)
Attack (specify)
diplomacy
nothing

France:
unificate (takes 3 turns) (re-takes flanders, champiagn, and holland)
attack (specify
diplomacy
nothin

Pope:
custom

Armenians:
attack (specify)
diploacy
nothing

Prussia:
revolution (against Denmark) (you get the help of Pomerellia, which will join you if successful)

Prussia wasn't under Danish rule in 1200

Motep
12-27-2006, 08:30
huh...

Warluster
12-27-2006, 09:09
I would like to unify please

Csargo
12-27-2006, 09:40
huh...

Never mind

IrishArmenian
12-27-2006, 23:04
The Kingdom of Cilician Armenia (New Armenia) will attack Cyprus.

CountArach
12-28-2006, 01:18
Scotland would like ot build up more and better forts on the English Frontier if that is possible.

Motep
12-28-2006, 01:52
OOC: We are Waiting on France And Prussia.

IC: The Almohads have angered me to no end. It is time for we christians to take up the sword, and put an end to their manacing hold over Spain. It is time that a crusade was formed to drive them off the face of this earth! The Spainards cannot do this deed alone. Sign in your troops and finances to support this cause, and free Europe of the Heathen invaders.

Pope Innocent III

Julian the apostate
12-28-2006, 22:53
have the byzantines been taken?

Warluster
12-28-2006, 23:00
No, they have not been taken

Ignoramus
12-29-2006, 01:19
France shall attack Toulouse.

By the way, I'm going away for a week from today.

Motep
12-29-2006, 01:34
Okay...Should I halt the turn, or auto-run you?

make your move, Julian.

Patriarch of Constantinople
12-29-2006, 05:26
I'll take Novograd

FOR MOTHER RUSSIA!

Csargo
12-29-2006, 05:33
Diplomacy

Motep
12-29-2006, 05:41
...make you move, Novogorod...

12-29-2006, 05:55
I'm going to unify the Rus states.

Motep
12-29-2006, 06:29
Im sick of waiting....we are going to have to leave The byzantines behind...they have an hour to post thier decision.

Motep
12-29-2006, 08:04
{{{Ah...screw it...}}}

The crusade against the heathen marauders has ungracefully began. Castile, Leon, and Portugal have made some progress into their lands, but Aragon has been beaten behind thier own borders. They have lost further lands to these would-be invaders, but we good christians will put them into thier proper place: the depths of hell. Once again, I call all christian nations to sttack these heathens who dare to call themselves a nation.

I will have to excomunicate Sweeden for their agression towards Denmark. What they have done is a treasonous act, Their agression is completely uncalled for. I will not have it. They have 1 month to withdraw. (sweeden {computer controlled} has invaded denmark)

Pope Innocent III

Scotland is preparing for war against the English with increased border protection.
The Great Holy Roman Empire has decided to unify themselves. They have been on the brink of rebellion for many long years, and it gladdens me to hear such great news.
The nation of France has mede thier move on Tolouse. They have been naught but a blemish upon the face of Europe, and it pleases me that France has decided to remove them.
Informants have told me that the Sicilians are planning a military strike, but against whom, I cannot say.
The fledgling ottoman Empire has invaded the Byzantines. With any luck, they will destroy each other, and leave their lands ripe for the picking.
Their neighbors, The Armenians, have pushed into he island of cyprus (IrishArmenian, I am looking forward to a good invasion report post)
But, The Ayyubids (whatever you want to call them {if you have any arguements I would gladly change it}) have also pushed into the area, and are quite displeased at the Armenians doing so. They have also secured some lands nearer thier borders.
Bulgaria has also joined in on the assault of the Byzantines. they have expanded northwards as well.
Hungary has joined in this pursuit (signed an alliance with Bulgaria) and should have troops in Byzantine land shortly.
The peoples of Novogorod have are using propaganda techniques to unify their warring peoples. This is not expected to finish anytime soon.
poland have done this as well.
Prussia is pursuing diplomatic means with the ret of you.

Good luck, my children.

as concludes the European Report.

map:
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l156/Motep_the_Great/europe_1200_interactive_1.jpg

Warluster
12-29-2006, 08:32
So, is HRE full unified? Or do we have to wait a while untill those rebels are slaughtered!

Motep
12-29-2006, 08:48
It will take another turn yet, Warluster.

AntiochusIII
12-29-2006, 11:54
Is Castile still open? Also, I presume you'll be the one to inform me of my kingdom's strength, population, etc., as I take control for the first time?

Motep
12-29-2006, 20:32
Its mandatory, although I do not Inforce. Its in the first post.
But, I will start to inforce it. Everybody needs to post that information as of now.

IrishArmenian
12-30-2006, 21:00
Cyprus has been a costly plot of land. Many a Greek and Armenian have perished fighting on this strategically-placed island. As the days, weeks and months wear on, the Greeks have become outnumbered and mal-nourishe due to the cut-off of supplies. As the time wears on, things truly point to Cyprus being under Armenian control. The close confines have lead to the ineffectiveness of the Armenian horse archer, but hve given an advantage to them for adopting many western shock calvary/infantry tactics, techniques and equipment. These are no Spartans at Thermopolae, the Greeks will fall, it is all a matter of time. Sorrounded, there is no where to go.
Levon, the great king, will soon rule Cyprus!
King: Levon (Leo as the Crusaders called him)
Units: Horse Archers, wearing European chainmail, shock troops inspired by crusaders, calvary fashioned after Crusader Knights, foot archers.
Strength: Moderate, via diplomacy. They lack true military strength due to the relative turmoil that the country has always faced.
Population: Not exactly a number t put a finger on, but it was fairly large for its size, as it was mainly a country of refugees.

Motep
12-31-2006, 01:47
Nice post. You will also be fighting Egyptians at Cyprus. Refer to the chapter post.

You people just let me know when you are ready for desicions.

Warluster
12-31-2006, 03:05
Ready!

Motep
12-31-2006, 06:31
Well, here you go.
Remember: You do not have to even do anything I post. these are just guidelines for what you CAN do. You can even choose more than one if you really wnt to. Just make sure you have the proper resources to devote.
(note: I have used this post as an opportunity to throw in a couple events)

Scotland:
1) Continue actions of preperation against English Attack
2) Attack Them (high chance of ex-communication)
3) Remove the kingdom of Man (low chance of ex-communication)
4) Sweep out the Irish (no chance of excommunication, high chance of provoking England into a war)
5) pursue more diplomatic means with the world
6) your own custom choice
7) Join Crusade

Holy Roman Empire:
1) continue unification ( 1 turn left)
2) Attack Croatia and/ or other small countries in that region ( high chance of ex-communication, high chance of provoking Hungary.
3)Attack Denmark (high chance of excommunication, improves diplomatic relations with the sweeds)
4) Join Crusade
5) Attack France (high possibility of ex-communication)
6) Attack Hungary (high possibility of excommunication)
7) attack Poland (medium possibility of ex-communication)
8) attack Prussia (low chance of excommunication)
9) diplomatic means of stating you will
10) your own choice

France:
1) Unify (will take two turns)
2) continue agression against Toulouse ( small chance of excommunication)
3) Attack England (high chance of ex-communication)
4) Attack HRE (high chance of excommunication)
5) Attack Champaign (low chance of excommunication)
6) Attack Flanders (low chance of excommunication)
7) propaganda- you still have people friendly to you in occupied territory; retakes lands from England (no chance of excommunication, will provoke hostility from England)
8) Join Crusade
9) Diplomacy
10) custom choice

Castile:
1) discontinue agression against almohads (you are part of the crusade, choosing this will harm diplomatic relations with the other spainish states and the papacy)
2) continue agresion against almohads (default choice)
3) Attack Navarre (certain excommunication)
4) Attack Leon (certain excommunication and possible counter crusade)
5) Attack Aragon (certain excommunication and possible counter crusade)
6) Diplomatic intentions
7) custom choices

Byzantine Empire:
1) Attack Bulgaria (hostilility from th pope)
2) Attack Roman Sultanate (Ottomans)
3) Attack Armenia (diplomatic standings improved with Ayyubids{egptians})
4) Attack Sicily (possiblr counter crusade)
5) Attack Zeta or Rashka (hostility gaied from Hungary and Papacy)
6) Go for the Pope! (certain counter crusade and hostility from good cristian nations)
7) more diplomatic means
8) custom choices to be made?

Armenians:
1) pursue land war in Cyprus (certain war with Ayyubids [Egyptians])
2) Attack Ayyubids
3) Attack Byzantines (diplomatic relations improved with Ottomans (roman sultanate)
4) Attack Ottomans (diplomatic relations improved with ByzantineS)
5) Pursue rumors of an ancient srtifact in the mountains.
6) diplomacy
7) custom choice

Novgorod:
War with Lithuanians- the Lithuanians have resited attempts to unify with you. They feel insulted, and have decided to strike against you in return.
1) continue unification ( 3 turns left)
2) Attack Sweeden (relations improved with Papacy and Denmark)
3) Respond to Lithuania's warcall.
4) diplomatic measures could be take
5) a custom choice

Prussia:
War with Denmark- They have decide to snuff out your nation for good!
1)Attack Denmark Back
2) cite rebellions among friendly inhabitants of occupied territory
) you are in no position to attck anybody else
3) maybe you could secure some aid by diplomacy
4) custom

Warluster
12-31-2006, 06:52
Continue Unifaction please

Motep
12-31-2006, 07:14
but...im not done yet.... besides, you can choose more than one.

Warluster
12-31-2006, 07:19
oops, sorry, how many can you choose?

Motep
12-31-2006, 07:58
as many as you want to. (put it into the decision post, which has been updated, by the way)

Julian the apostate
12-31-2006, 10:28
i would like to
1. try to work out a military alliance with the ottomans and abysids
2. strike armenia - HAs and nonlevy troops, avoiding a decisive battle
3. ask for peace and alliances with the bulgars
4. send economic aid and several elite formations of troops to the greeks on cyprus. something along the lines of a royal family member and 2-3 thousand troops

Motep
12-31-2006, 12:14
4 nations coming together to fight on cyprus...:sweatdrop: on three sides = :fainting:

IrishArmenian
12-31-2006, 19:23
Armenia will pull all troop from Cyprus and attack the Byzantines! Ha, my diversionary tactic has succeeded.

12-31-2006, 21:40
I would like to:

1. Continue unification
2. Expand into Siberia and create a fortified line in defense of the Mongols
3. Attack the Knights Templar and create a line on the Polish Border
4. Expand ont the border of Anatolia

Warluster
01-01-2007, 01:39
I will unify HRE, I wish to attack Croatia and all the small armies with a quater of my force, whcih is about 18 000 attack Croatia, then the rest of my army stay back and defend HRE. Also I want to use diplomatic means.

I propose an offer of Alliance to Prussia.

Motep
01-01-2007, 02:30
...which ones are the Templar.

Csargo
01-02-2007, 08:47
...which ones are the Templar.

Well the Templars didn't show up until around 1226 or so I've read.

I accept HRE alliance. I hope that you would help me against my opressors the Danish.

Warluster
01-02-2007, 08:49
I defintly will, with 3 quaters of my army still in HRE! Denmark, is going down!

AntiochusIII
01-02-2007, 12:24
Alright, I'm a noob so bear with me if I made any stupid mistakes like doing things I'm not supposed to be doing or telling state secrets when I should've been pm-ing.

Having said that, the fresh-faced new ruler of the glorious Crusader Kingdom of Castile (blah blah yadda yadda :P ) will:

2) [default] continue aggression against Almohads. It's a Crusade, after all, and there are riches and plunder to be taken from Cordoba and Toledo, among others...

also,

6) diplomatic; a.k.a. does anyone wants to earn the Pope's favor by aiding Castile in her Crusade? We welcome anyone of any class, even the schismatics. I'm interested in anyone who's interested in me, so to speak.

By the way, how do I know what resources/population my country has?

[P.S. autorun me whenever I'm off for too long. My internet has intermittent problems and I could unexpectedly be cut off at any time]

CountArach
01-03-2007, 01:46
Scotland

1) Continue to prepare for English attack
2) Join the crusade with about half the army

IrishArmenian
01-03-2007, 22:27
Scotland will join the Crusade. However, only under one condition. If your Holiness (the Pope) would, please, protect us from the English in case they attack while we are battling the heathens. I cannot afford to have a crusading army while the English attack me.

Motep
01-04-2007, 01:30
Scotland will join the Crusade. However, only under one condition. If your Holiness (the Pope) would, please, protect us from the English in case they attack while we are battling the heathens. I cannot afford to have a crusading army while the English attack me.

...You are Armenia...CountArach is Scotland...

CountArach
01-04-2007, 03:00
lol, ummmm... wrong Interactive IrishArmenian

IrishArmenian
01-04-2007, 03:10
Forgot. Proceed like nothing happened.

Motep
01-20-2007, 17:04
..................Dont you guys even play these things anymore?

Warluster
01-21-2007, 09:48
Well we're waiting for next chapter you see...

Motep
01-21-2007, 19:53
...I was waiting for responses and decisions, but, as that isnt likely...

The Almohads have brung up most of their troops in a ditch effort against the Kingdom of Aragon. Their troops have been steadily pushing through their countryside, and has, regrettably, just recently taken their capital. They have surrendered yesterday morning. They have, however, lost some land to Castile, and the newly arrived scottish frces in Castile (yet to be thrown into battle) has them increasingly uneasy.

France continues it push throuh the rebel lands of Toulouse...they are expected to fall soon. Their men are waveringa and fleeing from the Franks on every encounter.

The people of Novgorod continue their unification quite smoothly. However, The inhabitants of Vladimar-Suval remain agreesive. They will not cede to Novgorod without a fight.

Polands unification has met no truoble...yet...

Sweeden conquers Denmark. The remaining lands that have escaped Sweedish hands have landed into the dominion of prussia.
Armenias Diversionary Tactic has succeded. They have made much headway into the lands of Byzantium, overthrowing their army that has assaulted them. The Ayyubids have taken over Cyprus...Slaughtering the Byzantines that marched onto the Island. The Ottomans continue their push, and take much land. The Bulgarians will not hear of peace, and have also taken much land. Byzantium is shrinking by the minute, their once large and powerful empire has grown weak.

England expands their lands in Wales and Ireland, and spies have reported that they plan on conuering the entire island. Scotland continues its defence and takes some dominion over their coastline.

The Ayyubids Further increase their borders.

Good luck, My chilredn. May god be with you always.

https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l156/Motep_the_Great/europe_1200_interactive_2.jpg

options for decisions to be posted at a later time.

Warluster
01-22-2007, 01:11
What about the HRE?

Motep
01-22-2007, 01:59
What about the HRE?

Sorry...forgot to add.
The HRE has finished it unification...the states of Venice and Genoa will not jion. You lost a small portion of land to Denmark before they were destroyed. That land has been ceded to Prussia. If you wish to regain it, take it up with them.

IrishArmenian
01-22-2007, 16:07
And what of Lesser Armenia?

Motep
01-23-2007, 14:35
Armenias Diversionary Tactic has succeded. They have made much headway into the lands of Byzantium, overthrowing their army that has assaulted them.

right there

IrishArmenian
01-24-2007, 05:10
My apologies.

Motep
01-25-2007, 02:39
All right...I almost forgot to make the dicisions! :grin2:

The pope would like an alliance with Castile, HRE, and Prussia.

HRE:
1) Attack small countries to the south east. Very high chance of provoking Hungary. 30% chance of ex-communication.
2) Attack Franks. Improves relations with British and Toulouse. 100% chance of ex-communication
3) Attack Prussia: 50% chance od ex-communication
4) Attack the Pope: Excommunication. Counter crusade.
5) Attack Toulouse. no chance of ex-communication.
6) Attack Poland: 50% chance of excommunication. Raises status with Lithuania and Mazovia.
7) Attack Hungary: 70% chance of ex-communication. Lowers status with Bulgaria.
8) diplomacy
9) custom
10) join crusade

Franks:
1) pursue war with Toulouse
2) propaganda to get land back from england
3) war with England: 60% chance of excommunication.
4) unify: will take 1 turn
5) diplomacy
6) custom
7) join crusade

Novgorod:
1) continue unification
2) attack Lithuania: no threats
3) attack southern rebels: no threats
4) Attack eastern rebels: no threats.
5) diplomacy
6) custom

Prussia: The Popacy recognises you as a good christian nation and welcomes you to Europe
1) Attack Sweeden: no threats
2) Attack HRE: 80% chance of excommunication.
3) Attack Poland: 50% chance of excommunication. increases status with Mazovia and Lithuania.
4) Attack Mazovia: no threats
5) attack lithuania: no threats
6) join crusade
7) diplomacy
8) custom

Scotland:
1) Attack England: 60% chance of excommunication.
2) Attack Irish Rebels: no threats
3) continue crusade
4) diplomacy
5) custom

Castile:
1) continue crusade
2) attack fellow Spainish crusaders: excommunication
3) Look into speculations that the Holt Grail may be in the hills.
4) custom
5) diplomacy

Armenia:
1) Attack Ayyubids
2) Continue agression with Byzantines
3) attack Ottomans
4) custm
5) diplomacy

Byzantines:
1) attack Ottomans
2) attack Armenia
3) attack Bulgaria

To those who do not respond in one weeks time: There will be consequences.

As always, you may choose more than one option. But, you must specify where you attack.

CountArach
01-25-2007, 04:49
Scotland would like to continue their crusading efforts, and ask for a guarantee that if England attacks our lands whilst our men are off fighting, there will be swift retribution.

Motep
01-25-2007, 04:51
Scotland would like to continue their crusading efforts, and ask for a guarantee that if England attacks our lands whilst our men are off fighting, there will be swift retribution.

It will be as you requested. I will propose an alliance with your most noble nation.

CountArach
01-25-2007, 04:54
It will be as you requested. I will propose an alliance with your most noble nation.

Scotland accepts this offer for alliance, and will place the Isle of Man under the Papacy's control to show our devotion to the faith.

OOC: Who is playing England? Are they under your control?

Motep
01-25-2007, 04:55
Scotland accepts this offer for alliance, and will place the Isle of Man under the Papacy's control to show our devotion to the faith.

OOC: Who is playing England? Are they under your control?

yes they are a "cpu" faction so far.

I thank you for your generous gift.

AntiochusIII
01-25-2007, 05:58
1) Continue the Crusade. Deus Vult!

3) Send some of Our fine royal knights to investigate the matter of the Holy Grail as necessary. It should not hamper the resources for the Crusade anyway.

5) The King of Castile is very pleased with the arrival of the Scottish Crusaders. He promises to ensure that they will have their fair share of loot and proposes an alliance to the nation.

His Majesty also accepts the offer of alliance from the Holy Father. May Christendom prospers under all of us.

Motep
01-26-2007, 00:03
Still waiting for:
Franks, Prussia, Novgorod, and Byzantine. I will give you 1 hour.

IrishArmenian
01-26-2007, 02:43
1 hour? Isn't that a little extreme? How about a day.

Motep
01-26-2007, 02:54
1 hour? Isn't that a little extreme? How about a day.

sounds more reasonable...besides...I forgot...:grin2:

Grand Lord of Poop~
01-26-2007, 09:21
wait, so I assume that england hasn't been taken yet?? then i will take england please.

Warluster
01-26-2007, 09:47
yay! Another player!

Grand Lord of Poop~
01-26-2007, 10:15
yea, hooray, cheers, take out the beer!!!! :balloon2: :balloon2: :balloon2: :balloon2: Ive been following this thread for quite some time now, and finally i have decided to post. so......may i be england??

ps. I hope this interactive provide some freedom over individual players. because sometimes i like to do things my own way. sorry...:2thumbsup:

of course that doesn't mean i won't follow the rules, so yea.

Grand Lord of Poop~
01-26-2007, 10:47
The Kingdom of England

General Overview:
England, an isle that some say is at the end of the world. England, a land of gentle, rolling plains. A land of rugged and rocky mountains. A land of contradictions, mistrusts, rivalries, and triumphs.....

Up until Henry II's succession, England had been racked by a series of civil wars and internal strifes which tore the kingdom apart. During this time, there was also a significant power transfer from the king to the lesser nobles, rendering England powerless against other European powers. However, Henry II proved to be a capable administrator, reversing the power shift back into favor of the monarchy. His successor, the renowned Richard I, or Richard the Lionheart, continued his policy of expansion and growth.

But by the time of King John, Richard's successor, England has faced another set of problems; countless years of warfare with the French has almost exhausted all of England's resources, the English have already lost a considerable amount of battles with the French, and King Phillip of France does not seem willing to accept peace......

In addition, various disputes with the nobles and the pope have been disastrous, as proven by the signing of the Magna Carta in 1215.Despite creating a strong navy, which formed the core of the later Royal Navy, England's position looks grim.

England's road to reestablishing itself as a genuine power looks long and challenging. But with a determined and resolute leader, this road seems quite possible in the distant future. After all, the bloodline of the courageous Celts thousasnds of years ago still run in many Englishmen.....

Grand Lord of Poop~
01-26-2007, 11:04
The Army

England's army follows the regular pattern of Medieval European armies; feudal levies backed up by allied forces and proffesional mercernaries. However, the English were particularly famous for their use of the longbow, an effective killing machine which is to be perfected during the Hundred Year's War. The English were also credited for their strong infantry. However, the British Isles, unlike the vast plains of France, could not field large cavalry armies. Therefore, the English cavalry is mediocre, at best. Ironically, many of England's infantry were dismounted knights, as many Englishmen prefer to fight on foot than on horse.

some possible units include:

peasants
men-at-arms
dismounted knights
pikemen
spearmen
crossbowmen
Knights Templar
Knights Hospitaller
knights
mailed knights

some unique English units:

billmen
dismounted lances
armoured longbowmen
retinue longbowmen
Sherwood Archers
hobilars
demi-lancers
lances

Grand Lord of Poop~
01-26-2007, 11:08
England's strengths and weaknesses:

strengths
1. has a body of water to seperate it from the rest of Europe
2. experienced and powerful archers
3. reliable infantry
4. fair navy

weaknesses
1. mediocre cavalry
2. poor
3. low population

Motep
01-26-2007, 14:40
You may be England. Your place in this game will start next turn (ive alredy edited England on the map) New turn will be posted soon.

Ignoramus
01-27-2007, 03:09
2) Propaganda to get land back from england
3) War with England: 60% chance of excommunication.
5) The King of France invites the Scots to attack England from the north.

CountArach
01-27-2007, 03:43
2) Propaganda to get land back from england
3) War with England: 60% chance of excommunication.
5) The King of France invites the Scots to attack England from the north.

The Scots regretfully decline, however if you can show to me that you can win this war, then I shall support you fully.

At the moment half of our army is out campaigning with the Crusade.

CountArach
01-27-2007, 03:53
Scotland wishes to offer Terms of Alliance with England.

Scotland will support England in the coming War if England will guarantee the independance of all the Scots and allow us to remain indepedant. If this condition is agreed to Scotaldn will ally itself with England.

Motep
01-27-2007, 06:08
End of Turn:

The HRE have expanded into the southern countries in the Aegan. They have taken down Croatia and Slovenia without any fight. They have kneeled down before their armies and gave their countries to them.
They have also Attacked Toulouse, taking a sliver of land on the coastline. They have accepted my alliance.

The Franks have used both military and propaganda to take control of the southern British Empire. The rest of British Occupied territory is rebelling against their new overlords, and France is expected to push the British off of the continent without to much trouble. As the British have struck first, I will not excommunicate for their war.

Castile has progressed with their crusade, with the help of the Scttish Crusaders. Their quest for the holy grail, however, has led to evidence that the chalice may be Corduba. Both countries have accepted my alliance.

Armenia has pushed farther into Armenian lands, and ask for friendship with the Ayuubids. They have graciosly accepted the offer.

England has Attacked France, and their new peasants are very unhappy. Their moves in Ireland have been going Smoothly.

The Russian States have been making marks for themselves, with the Rapid expansion of Novogord, Lithuania, and Perayaslivl (misspellings have occured)

Sicilyu has attacked Greece and Declared war on Bulgaria.

https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l156/Motep_the_Great/europe_1200_interactive_3.jpg

Grand Lord of Poop~
01-27-2007, 10:12
His Majesty the King of England, John I:

My dear Scottish friends!! I am delighted you would offer us an alliance, I shall accept your proposal with open arms!! As England is currently in a state of was with France, we would hope for your support on this matter. However, if you see this unfit, you may decline our offer. We hope we can count on our Scottish friends until the end, and may the pact last long and strong!!

Yours Truly,
John I, King of England

Grand Lord of Poop~
01-27-2007, 10:14
ooc @Kendermore: sorry, but isn't it France who declared war on me? if i remember correctly? and will i get my options?

cheers!! :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

btw: what do the black lines on the map represent??

IrishArmenian
01-27-2007, 20:45
Good King of Sicily, whoever you may be! I propose an alliance between our two great nations. Together, we may take Constantinople! But do not touch the Hagia Sophia.

CountArach
01-28-2007, 00:10
ooc @Kendermore: sorry, but isn't it France who declared war on me? if i remember correctly? and will i get my options?

cheers!! :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

btw: what do the black lines on the map represent??

They are national borders.

Scotland willingly accepts the Alliance.

OOC: Scotland and England now have an alliance.

AntiochusIII
01-28-2007, 03:25
Where are the options?

Motep
01-28-2007, 03:51
Good King of Sicily, whoever you may be! I propose an alliance between our two great nations. Together, we may take Constantinople! But do not touch the Hagia Sophia.

.....where is that exactly?

Now as to AntiochusIII's questions;

I will right them out tomorrow (where I live, it is 8:48 pm)

AntiochusIII
01-28-2007, 03:56
.....where is that exactly?The Hagia Sophia is the largest, most prominent "church" in Constantinople, the Eastern Roman Empire, and Orthodox Christianity; built by Justinian the Great. It is the most important architectural symbol of the Byzantine Empire.

He's probably warning the Sicilians early on that they should not try to loot Constantinople if they managed to retake it, since warfare of this era tend to mean conquered cities are looted dry, raped, and have most of its treasures taken away by the conquerors.

Motep
01-28-2007, 03:59
The Hagia Sophia is the largest, most prominent "church" in Constantinople, the Eastern Roman Empire, and Orthodox Christianity; built by Justinian the Great. It is the most important architectural symbol of the Byzantine Empire.

He's probably warning the Sicilians early on that they should not try to loot Constantinople if they managed to retake it, since warfare of this era tend to mean conquered cities are looted dry, raped, and have most of its treasures taken away by the conquerors.

Ah...thank you...

Motep
01-30-2007, 00:14
Just do what you will. Just be wary of Attacking your fellow christians...
Im sorry for being lazy, I had finished the dicisions, but they were deleted when I tied to post them. Just do not forget the specifics!

AntiochusIII
02-01-2007, 01:06
Free style, you say?

Castile has nothing much to do. All I could say is continue the Crusade, stop at nothing until all of Muslim Spain -- including Aragon -- is Castilian. The throne of the Emperor of the Spains is mine by right, and I will claim it by the sword.

In fact, make Corduba a priority of the Crusade. I want the Grail.

Diplomatically, Castile continues to be open to all diplomatic initiatives; we also continue to offer alliance with Scotland: you helped us in our Crusade, we'd be glad, once the dust settles and Spain is Christian, to come to your aid should you need it.

CountArach
02-01-2007, 07:17
Scotland choses to simply continue as it did last time, continuing the crusade and claiming some of the islands to my north.

IrishArmenian
02-01-2007, 16:10
Cillician Armenia shall push up the Anatolian Peninsula's west coast.