PDA

View Full Version : Some lines in 'medieval2.preference.cfg'

Bijo
12-24-2006, 05:34
Most lines are easily understandable or their explanations to be found somewhere, but couldn't find any answer to my real question, so here it is:

campaign_map_game_speed = 99
campaign_map_speed_up = 0
campaign_num_time_play = 409

What do these lines stand for? Tried to see the consequences of changing them, but nothing noticeable. Changing the second one to 100 just for the heck of it caused a startup error, so I thought "Well, let's make it 1 then, makes more sense," and as I started a new campaign to see the map, and fooled around a bit, I noticed nothing.

Having changed the first one (campaign_map_game_speed) showed no difference either, so far.

Let alone the third one.

Maybe the answers are quite simple. Anybody know?

Dutch_guy
12-24-2006, 13:42
Most lines are easily understandable or their explanations to be found somewhere, but couldn't find any answer to my real question, so here it is:

campaign_map_game_speed = 99
campaign_map_speed_up = 0
campaign_num_time_play = 409

What do these lines stand for? Tried to see the consequences of changing them, but nothing noticeable. Changing the second one to 100 just for the heck of it caused a startup error, so I thought "Well, let's make it 1 then, makes more sense," and as I started a new campaign to see the map, and fooled around a bit, I noticed nothing.

Having changed the first one (campaign_map_game_speed) showed no difference either, so far.

Let alone the third one.

Maybe the answers are quite simple. Anybody know?

Well, the first two are unknown to me (I don't tend to tinker with the game cfg lines that often, not much of a modder you see), but the third one seems to be fairly straight forward. It probably states how many turns one has, in the campaign.

That said, you'd probably get a more satisfying answer over at the modding section of the fora.

:balloon2:

sapi
12-25-2006, 12:04
Maybe #2 has the same effect as hitting space (characters move quickly instead of slowly?)

i'm really not sure though...

Caius
12-25-2006, 23:07
Some mod move to the appropiate forum.Maybe he can have a reply of someone who knows.

LeftEyeNine
12-26-2006, 16:35
I never noticed that inconveniency of the thread there in Apothecary. Thanks for alerting, CF. :bow:

Discuession moved to M2TW Modding Questions section.

Bijo
12-26-2006, 17:58
Thanks for moving and the suggestions, guys.

Still, I'm not sure about that third line, Dutch guy.

alpaca
12-26-2006, 17:59
No idea what the first two do, the third one stores how often you already played the campaign (it's used to trigger the display of the small advice intros in the campaign)