PDA

View Full Version : TRUE HOTSEAT: Modding out the AI controlled reinforcements

elbasto
12-24-2006, 05:49
Ok, here's the deal.

A player at the twcenter discovered how to play defensive battles against the AI in hotseat.

Nontheless, during these battles the AI controls your own troops as reinforcements, overwriting all your commands with others of its own...

Before the battle it does not give you the option to ucheck the box with the "AI control", neither from your main force or from your real reinforcements...

Is there a way to disable this, either by:
- Disabeling AI controlled reinforcements all together
- Having a console command to control those troops
- Any other way at all

We are very, very close to having a playable hotseat campaign...

By the way, here are the settings of the preferences file modified in order to play the battles, although atm I should say, "watch the battles"

[multiplayer]
playable = 1
hotseat_turns = 0
hotseat_scroll = 0
hotseat_update_ai_camera = 1
hotseat_disable_papal_elections = 0
hotseat_autoresolve_battles = 0
hotseat_save_prefs = 1
hotseat_disable_console = 0
hotseat_validate_diplomacy = 1

Good luck

El Basto

Olmsted
01-09-2007, 18:15
Isn't it still better to watch the battles than to autocalc them? Especially for Horse Archer factions, which suffer a severe disadvantage in auto-calc battles? I agree that to actually control them would be preferable.

blacksnail
01-11-2007, 19:22
I'm not familiar with the term "hotseat." Is there a link to an explanation within the context of M2TW, or could somebody provide a brief one here?

Thanks!

Olmsted
01-11-2007, 19:24
The term "hotseat" refers to the practice of playing one game on the same computer using multiple players. Thus, I could play the first faction, press end turn, then my brother could play the second faction.

alpaca
01-11-2007, 21:57
Hmm I noticed I was able to fight a defensive battle yesterday in hotseat mode. I had extra reinforcements from another faction, but it was the first defensive battle this time around. When I continue the campaign I'll let you know what happens.

Radioman
03-27-2007, 22:57
The term "hotseat" refers to the practice of playing one game on the same computer using multiple players. Thus, I could play the first faction, press end turn, then my brother could play the second faction.

So in other words, I could play scotland and england at the same time??? {ie: I can have scotland defend the isle while my english troops go on crusades...}

Olmsted
03-28-2007, 00:32
Yes.

alpaca
03-28-2007, 14:50
Only wait until 1.2 because it'll fully integrate the hotseat mode and is likely to be not savegame-compatible.

adembroski
03-28-2007, 15:18
I presume all battles between the two players must be auto-resolved?

FactionHeir
03-28-2007, 16:08
Would think so unless you want to use your keyboard to control the other troops and split the screen in half etc.

Would be nice to have a LAN campaign though, seeing how hotseat is possible. Then battles could be fought properly too

alpaca
03-28-2007, 16:37
Would think so unless you want to use your keyboard to control the other troops and split the screen in half etc.

Would be nice to have a LAN campaign though, seeing how hotseat is possible. Then battles could be fought properly too
Won't go in M2. They won't be doing any major engine recode (which a LAN code would require because of sync reasons, etc.).

It'd be a nice and much requested feature for future TW titles though.