PDA

View Full Version : Provincial Titles Project for Vanilla

alpaca
12-24-2006, 21:02
Well, discussion about the PTPV should go in here.
First of all, the download links:
Mirror 1 (http://perso.wanadoo.fr/solo.mt/ptpv_0.4.1.rar)

Hotfix (http://perso.wanadoo.fr/solo.mt/ptpv_0.4.1.rar)

Rhedd
12-25-2006, 01:10
So far, it's awesome! (And that from a guy who has never played the other TW games, so I wasn't even missing the titles. ^_^)

It's cool enough that I hate to post possible bugs, for fear of sounding like I'm complaining, but I have a couple.

Firstly, you obviously can't give your king or heir a title. That's fine by me, but if you click on the king or heir while assigning a title, some other random guy gets assigned as "future leader", instead, and then you have to cancel the new appointment and wait until next turn to try again.

Secondly, I haven't actually looked to see if EVERY province has a title, but assuming they do, you missed one. ^_^ The script doesn't fire for Staufen, and I don't see a shield for it in the /ui directory.

Having said that, FANTASTIC work! I especially like the professional quality to the heraldic icons. Very nice.

Malachus
12-25-2006, 06:23
I'm so glad that you guys have included this into M2. The fact that you can assign provincial titles makes the game feel that bit more authentic/realistic.

I installed the mod with the map from Anno Domini. Since Re Berengio didn't change the original names of the vanilla provinces, your mod works perfectly. So if there's anyone out there who wants to play on a bigger map for now but wants to use the PTPV release, it should work AFAIK.

I can't wait to see what else you guys have in the works. I love EB's depth and complete reworking of the RTW system, but I'm way more interested in the Middle Ages than the ancient world. Judging by this release, I can see your team is definitely not going to disappoint anyone.

Keep up the good work guys! :2thumbsup:

Solo
12-25-2006, 10:07
Yes, every region has a title associated to it, even if a good part of them never had a christian ruler in history (we let orthodox factions being able to use the same titles and arms but obviously they don't fit their system, we just thought some people would like to use them with these factions despite that). The mini-mod follows the idea behind MA, which is to adapt historical accuracy depending on gameplay : what if a christian ruler became lord of Aleppo ? Well he'd probably use a duke or king title and use his dynastic arms (or sometimes new ones) when he acts as the ruler of this territory. So we had to "adapt" all the map this way. This wasn't done randomly though, there are some good sources to find the titles and arms associated to these far kingdoms by the medieval heralds. So it's all medieval heraldy here (no such thing as taking a coat of arms or civic heraldry which are both anachronisms) even if arms can't fit any historical use in all these regions where heraldry was never used in the middle ages.

For Staufen, the arms are named ruler_hohenstaufen, it's the original name the game engine is using but that may be related to this problem. On this subject however, only alpaca can answer you :)

Faenaris
12-25-2006, 14:39
I first wanna say that this mod is AWESOME! Best addition for M2TW vanilla so far, it brings back the good old memories of MTW. ~:)

Now, there are some small issues have discovered in my HRE campaign:

- If I give a title to a general in Florence, he gets the title of Innsbruck (Count of Tyrol) instead.

- If I give a title to my general in Bologne, he gets 3 titles: Innsbruck (Count of Tyrol), Florence (Marquis of Tuscany) and Bologne itself. The last is okay, the other 2 aren't so okay. ~:)

- Like Rhedd said, there is no title for Staufen.

I'm sorry to bring these problems up because it is a great mod.

EDIT: Forgot to add, I'm using a "modded" version. I had a differen descr_char_traits file, so I followed the instructions in the readme and copied the parts labeled "alpaca" to my own file.

alpaca
12-25-2006, 17:13
Rhedd: You can't give your heir or king titles, this is a deliberate decision. The king would obviously not give himself titles, and the heir becomes king later on. So he doesn't get any, either.

For the others, we compiled a hotfix (http://perso.wanadoo.fr/solo.mt/ptpv_0.4.1.rar) that solves the installation problems and fixes the Stauffen bug.

You don't need PTPV 0.4 to install the hotfix, it's a full release

shifty157
12-25-2006, 17:52
Thanks for the feedback guys. We're really glad that youre enjoying it so much.

Solo
12-25-2006, 17:53
As a side note, I've tested Florence and Bologna with this one and they seem to work fine (I remember Bologna working fine during the last tests though, with HRE both times).

Faenaris
12-25-2006, 23:47
As a side note, I've tested Florence and Bologna with this one and they seem to work fine (I remember Bologna working fine during the last tests though, with HRE both times).

Odd. Must be a glitch on my part then. I'll give the hotfix a go tomorrow and see if it is a fault at my end. ~:)

Cheers for the hotfix, guys. Merry Christmas. ~:)

junrui
12-26-2006, 02:18
great stuff. loving it so far.

one thing i observed was that if your heir dies and is replaced by a guy with a title, the title sticks. He becomes something like Prince Louis - Count of Toulouse. Dont know if that will carry on when he becomes king (my king is still alive and well:laugh4: )

alpaca
12-26-2006, 13:17
great stuff. loving it so far.

one thing i observed was that if your heir dies and is replaced by a guy with a title, the title sticks. He becomes something like Prince Louis - Count of Toulouse. Dont know if that will carry on when he becomes king (my king is still alive and well:laugh4: )
Ya that's true... Well, that could be changed pretty easily, gotta see to it in the next version to make it a bit more sensible.

DukeKent
12-31-2006, 00:48
I like the concept of this mod. Kudos :2thumbsup: For some reason I am no longer getting sound. I checked the game options and the sound is tuned the way I like it. But I get no sound on the campaign or in battles. Tried copying in the missing files to the ...\ptpv\data\sound directory but still no sound? :help: Also it goes crazy with titles if you try to use a saved game from a pre ptpv mod campaign. My english family member in london got king of Constinople for one. Currently no english are near Constinople. Guess save game incompatibilities are to be expected. Would love to use this mod, but not willing to give up sound :no:

Solo
12-31-2006, 01:02
It's not savegame compatible (alpaca will correct me if I'm wrong) because of the campaign script.
The sound files should be copied from the game directory by the installer (audio.dat/.idx and events.dat/.idx). I see no other reason why the sound would disappear.

DukeKent
12-31-2006, 05:15
Is this compatible with the patch. I copied the 11 files in the patch sounds directory into the ptpv\data\sounds directory and that got sounds working :beam: Has anyone integrated the medifix into this mod yet. Would rather not re-invent the wheel if someone else has already done that :book:

alpaca
12-31-2006, 13:43
There are a lot of reasons why this isn't save-game compatible.
Anyways, the installer doesn't copy the sound files, you have to do that manually (delete everything in ptpv/data/sounds and copy data/sounds/events.dat and data/sounds/events.idx into it).

DukeKent
01-01-2007, 23:23
I got this mod working, then added a few mods more like the medifix and multiplater campaign to it. Kudos to alpaca for making the integration of medifix and this mod easy :2thumbsup: I am playing as both the English and Polish factions in a multiplayer hotseat campaign. The english faction seems to be working since I was able to make Robert the Duke of Normandy. This does not seem to be working for the Polish faction though. I just took Breslau, and do not seem to be able to assign a title for Boleslaw Herman. Is this due to the "Human faction" thing, expecting only 1 Human faction? Will continue to do more testing in multiplayer hotseat.

If anyone has an integrated medifix and CherryVanilla I would love that also. Looks like a changes to be integrated between these two files.

DukeKent
01-02-2007, 00:38
A suggestion on the Titles. Use the full description for the Retinue. It has pleanty of real estate to the right of the image. But limit the trait description of the title to one line. Smaller real estate available for the Title. Keep up the good work on this mod :beam:

Raswan
01-06-2007, 13:36
In my game not gain titles from some provinces.

log show this:

13:16:50.500 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <spawn_character>, at line 12226, in data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
Character Acacitli Centehua of Tula could not be created as the destination square is populated

In left lower corner is 6-7 diplomats,looks like problem with routine kill_character in script.

(sorry for english)

alpaca
01-06-2007, 16:14
In my game not gain titles from some provinces.

log show this:

13:16:50.500 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <spawn_character>, at line 12226, in data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
Character Acacitli Centehua of Tula could not be created as the destination square is populated

In left lower corner is 6-7 diplomats,looks like problem with routine kill_character in script.

(sorry for english)
Thanks for the report. I'll look into it for version 0.5