PDA

View Full Version : adding a unit

TheDeparted45
12-24-2006, 21:08
I've been trying to make swiss pikemen recruitable in switzerland by several factions like they were in MTW. I've been able to make them recruitable in custom battle for the factions i want but I've run into to two problems. First, there are no textures and on the battle map the pikemen are pure white. I don't know how to fix this. Second, I've tried to add the units to the building recruitment file but they still can't be recruited in game. I think I know how to make them recruitable only in a certain region, but even before that I still can't make them recruitable for the factions i want. Can anyone give me some advice on what I'm doing wrong.

mor dan
12-24-2006, 21:27
use this link's tutorial for adding units:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=75706

since this is only a slave unit in the Vanilla version, it's basically just like creating a new unit. the difference is that you will need to add two lines in your export_desrc_buildings file.

at the top of the page you need to add swistzerland to the list of hidden resources.

in the line of buildings you choose to produce the unit, after the { , } section you need to add the line:

and hidden_resource switzerland

TheDeparted45
01-01-2007, 17:49
I still can't get anything to work. I got swiss pikemen recruitable, easy, but i can't get it to recognize the hidden resource. I put the hidden resource switzerland in bern in the region file and added it to the top of the building file and did the and hidden resource thing in buildings. This just makes the unit not available at all. Also the skins still arent working after i modded the texture file to try to add venice, all I get is the pure white units.

Anyone know what I might be doing wrong?