PDA

View Full Version : I want to make Farmlands destructible

Headlocked
12-24-2006, 22:56
as farmland was the primary definition of a state's wealth, to have it burned, the peasents slaughtered and buildings destroyed was hugely effective.

Yet, I cannot seem to make it destructible! Is this hard-coded!?

Please help, as this is a fundamental strategy during all wars- denial of resources to the enemy, whether your lands or the enemies.
Of course, if your own lands, you would have to take a huge Authority hit, with a Dread increase, and possibly rebellion of any family members born in the regions affected.

...or is it A Bit much?

Cheers,
HDD

Sarastro
12-25-2006, 02:39
As far as I remember from RTW, it is hardcoded. The non-destructible lands are all tagged as 'hinterland', which means they show up / change the campaign map as they are built, and this process doesn't seem to be reversible, thus they can't be destroyed.

Musashi
12-25-2006, 07:52
You can just remove the hinterlands prefix from the building names... But then you have to fix the text files...

alpaca
12-25-2006, 17:46
Moved to Modding Questions

Headlocked
12-27-2006, 22:46
You can just remove the hinterlands prefix from the building names... But then you have to fix the text files...

sounds like a LOAD of trouble:P
still, ill give it a shot.

Can anyone give me a list of the relevant text files required?

a neat linked effect would be to show the devastation on the campaign map, รก la an enemy army blackening your lands.
this might be *very* tricky.

Another thing- is that 'blackening' effect modadble? ie, is it a GIF?
cos id like to add smoke plumes, and sparks for fires.....

oooh im an ambitious lad!

Cheers all
HDD

Musashi
12-28-2006, 00:18
The blackening effect already happens... It's just slower than in Rome.

You'll need to go into data\text\export_descr_buildings.txt and change "hinterland_farms" to just "farms"...

I was actually wrong... I guess you don't have to change the text files any... I just looked in there...

Headlocked
01-02-2007, 19:17
hmmm still no joy.

~under work~

Cheers
HDD