PDA

View Full Version : Realism Mod Idea

Olerhead
12-26-2006, 04:06
I have weird mod ideas that don't really add so much to the gameplay as they just make things look a bit more realistic. I'm not that great at modding so I'm just curious if it is possible within M2TW:

Are you able to make the royal line, especially those in the French faction, name themselves similarly for each generation. Or at least change their names when they are crowned King?

Basically, what I'd like to see is numbered kings. King Louis III is followed by King Louis IV or maybe he has no sons and the crown shifts over to a cousin or something and becomes King Philip I.

I don't know, it probably sounds like ramblings that don't make sense but would something like that be possible?

Varyar
12-26-2006, 18:18
I'd like to create the same function too. Alas I'm still new to modding this game so I don't know how you could implement it.

Kobal2fr
12-27-2006, 02:16
Don't think that can be done easily, no. All names in the game (be they kings, captains, generals or lowly spies) are generated through namelists. Even the names the cardinal_become_Pope "choose for themselves" is just a name chosen at random in the Papal_states name list.
The only thing that could be done would be to allow the player to rename his characters ingame. Since you can rename towns already, I assume it would be possible to enable it for characters as well. Sadly, I wouldn't know how - I quickly looked for something like this in the preferences file, but could only find a param that displays character names under their icons on the strat map (quite handy actually).