PDA

View Full Version : I just want one simple thing...

Valentine82
12-26-2006, 09:22
Can someone please give me detailed step by step instructions on how to change a faction's religion and religious buildings?

Please, this is a very simple thing to ask, it's something a lot of people would like to be able to do, please, just tell me where to put what files, and what files to edit. That's all I really need to know, I downloaded all the files and I don't know where to put them or what to edit and there's no tutorial specifically for that to my knowledge.

Bwian
12-26-2006, 12:33
Please don't post tutorial requests in the tutorial forum! Keep them in general modding.

( moved )

alpaca
12-26-2006, 14:50
Can someone please give me detailed step by step instructions on how to change a faction's religion and religious buildings?

Please, this is a very simple thing to ask, it's something a lot of people would like to be able to do, please, just tell me where to put what files, and what files to edit. That's all I really need to know, I downloaded all the files and I don't know where to put them or what to edit and there's no tutorial specifically for that to my knowledge.

I'm currently working on a mod folder installer that will allow an easy set-up of a modding environment.
Depending on what exactly you want to do, the files you have to edit are descr_sm_factions.txt, and/or export_descr_buildings.txt and text/export_buildings.txt

Valentine82
12-28-2006, 03:25
Ok, so I've edited those files, now how do I use them?

alpaca
12-28-2006, 14:35
Well, you can use that mod folder installer I wrote to set up a mod folder for you. Then edit the files, start the game with mymod.bat and the changes should appear.

Valentine82
12-28-2006, 20:46
For Christ's sake... Ok, where do I get the Mymod installer?

Valentine82
12-28-2006, 22:14
Ok, I found it, downloaded it, and I think it will be helpful...

But it doesn't tell me the one thing I need to know. Once I edit descr_sm_factions.txt, export_descr_buildings.txt and text/export_buildings.txt, what exact folder(s) should I place them in inorder to use them?

alpaca
12-29-2006, 01:27
In the mymod folder inside the data directory...

Valentine82
12-29-2006, 01:54
Cool, so all I have to do is create a mymod folder in the data directory, put the edited files there, and launch it @mymod?

alpaca
12-29-2006, 20:14
I wrote a hopefully useful how-to about this stuff.
Your question should be answered there ;)

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=76289

You have to put the files into your MTW2/mymod/data directory btw :P