PDA

View Full Version : Adding mercenaries in custom battles

-Almogaver-
12-26-2006, 20:37
Does anyone know how to add mercenaries to the factions slots?

ezekiel6
12-26-2006, 21:23
Just open the export_descr_unit.txt file that should be in your data folder and look for any of the slave owned units you want to add. Now at the bottom where it says ownership just add the faction name you want eg: ownership slave, scotland then save it and load your game. In the custom battles the new unit should appear at the bottom.

-Almogaver-
12-26-2006, 22:07
thanks but...
Can't find it...

ezekiel6
12-26-2006, 22:12
go here (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=73971) to download the appropriate files. In the data zip the export_descr_unit.txt file will be in there. stick it in your data folder and make the changes to it. Then everything should work. If you are using a mod folder then it would go in the data folder inside the mod folder.

-Almogaver-
12-26-2006, 22:29
thanks

-Almogaver-
12-27-2006, 00:27
I've added the faction name to the ownership just as you said but the unit doesn't appear in the faction's custom battle slot... any idea?

ezekiel6
12-27-2006, 04:19
Are you using a mod folder or placing it in the main data folder? I just tried just now in the main installation's data folder and that didn't work. So you must have to use a mod. If you go here (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local_links.php?catid=135) you can downlaod the MedManager, that's what I used to get the mod going, there's instructions there too. Just put the export_descr_unit.txt file in the data folder inside your new mod folder. Then give it a try.

-Almogaver-
12-27-2006, 14:21
Thanks a lot! but still... I did everything and loaded the game, the unit appeared in the faction slot but when I started the custom battle it did'nt load the terrain and the screen went black... which other files do I need?? Again, thanks!!

ezekiel6
12-28-2006, 18:11
When you set up the mod did you make sure that the right folders were selected in the check boxes? That's the only thing I can think of. If the editing of the unit file worked then that should be it, nothing should go missing just by altering the unit file. That's an odd one. It might be a case of going through setting up the mod again and making sure the right folders are selected.