PDA

View Full Version : My island under the sea...

Rik_Vargard
12-27-2006, 00:03
Hey, I've been wanting to add this little island between england and flanders, just to test, I edited all the TGA's with heights and lands and stuff, but it's just appearing under the water :

http://www.rikvargard.com/tw/tw_map01.jpg

Any ideas? Do I have to do something with the .hgt file? If I delete it, the game doesn't start the campaign...

Any ideas? Thx!!

:beam:

SilentResident
01-03-2007, 11:49
You must edit the map_heights.tga file in \data\world\maps\base folder.

How to make your island to have land (appear) above the water level:
Open map_heights.tga and go to the island's location and replace the island's water (blue color) with earth's color (black). You must be sure that those black earth tiles are confirmed and in the same position with the land decoration tiles of map_ground_types.tga file.
Save the file and then, delete the map.rwm file before run the game.
Now you will see now that the island is above the sea's water level in the game.

Rik_Vargard
01-03-2007, 12:45
Yay thanks a lot for your help! :2thumbsup:
You indeed have to make sure all changes happen at the exact same place...

Do you by any miracle know how/where I can edit the minimap at the bottom left?:sweatdrop:

Ilsamir Lord
01-12-2007, 03:15
You'll need to edit radar_map1.tga and radar_map2.tga which are in data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign.

That ought to work.

Rik_Vargard
01-12-2007, 12:27
Yar thx a lot :2thumbsup: , I found them :) What the hell are those doing in the only place I didn't look!! :wall:

Wondering what the radar maps in the base folder are for...

brokguitar
01-13-2007, 03:00
Hi, can you post what steps you took to create that island? Im not sure how you open the .tga files. I would love to be able to add more land to areas of the map.

Thanks!

Goatbuster3000
01-17-2007, 22:36
Brokguitar, if it's any help, you can use a program called IrfanView (just google it).