PDA

View Full Version : New Mod-Need Members-The New World Total War

Warluster
12-27-2006, 09:20
MOD NAME CHANGED It is now The New World Total War,check it out! (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=192)

Overview-A mod about American history, change its history and wonder, what if New York was never called New York? Re-create history!

Timeline-Possibly from the year 1550? Because everyone knew about it, setteler's were moving in, it was a base of wars! It could end in maybe 1900? It could cover all mmajor events. From first settlements of England and France, all the way to the revoulution!! Then to the lead-up of WW1! So maybe 1550 to 1900, post if you want to change it.

Factions- England,France,Spain,Portugal,The Dutch, All Indian Tribes (I will post them all later),Independant Nations,Russia,Germany, Maybe a few more whcih were not invloved historically. A few more over time.

This where you join! (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=76194)

Herkus
12-27-2006, 10:18
Do you imagine - how impossible it is for you to make this kind of mod?

metatron
12-27-2006, 10:38
Do you imagine - how impossible it is for you to make this kind of mod?Not impossible, just very difficult and unlikely to be any good.

Word of advice warluster: try to focus your mod down a bit. Long time periods lack focus, and you can't have enough units, factions, or even the right cities /provinces to make it work (how do you deal with colonized cities, or conquered ones that could control a larger area because of new technology?).

If I were you, I'd focus on the Age of Exploration, and try to cut off around the period of Napoleon. This would adequately cover the time period you wish to present, without overextending or simply reaching a revolutionary new system of warfare (mostly pikes and muskets, which is [not coincidentally] the name of a mod for MTW2).

Unfortunately, simply expanding the map across the New World wouldn't cut it, because by this time, the major powers of Europe were already starting to trade abroad (first the Portugese, then the Dutch, then the British). You'd have to include the entire globe to accurately represent these lands, or just give some of the factions an inherent bonus to trade.

I dunno. It's certainly possible, but it's more work than simply redrawing the map and adding new units. Good luck.

ShadowStriker
12-30-2006, 20:04
nice the new name is better

Warluster
12-31-2006, 01:00
Yeah, I changed the name because there was a mod a while ago for M2TW called America-Total War, I have been thinking, on the poll some people have been suggesting we focus on Europe. That is a no go. Reasons
It would be like Pike and Musket mod. Simple, so we HAVE to focus on America, We can toss out South America and just have North and Central, and maybe a few spice islands. The Timeline will have to be reduced, lets say 1550 to 1700? Then we can continue later with further expansions, but just this for now.

Caius
12-31-2006, 14:51
I can make maps

Warluster
01-01-2007, 01:29
Well your in! Welcome!

brokguitar
01-19-2007, 07:30
Sounds intersting, I am watching this mod with interest.

Caius
01-20-2007, 23:04
I need to know what includes the map.If you dont tell me, I cant make the map.

Warluster
01-21-2007, 09:39
Uh I will send you an PM Ciasus about all of that, I presume you are in? We already have a mapper, Aldaceleb, but if we have two it wont hurt, do you think it is easier if one works on the Campaing map and one on battle maps?

Caius
01-26-2007, 20:30
I can make the map and he can make it to work

methoz
01-27-2007, 14:15
i may make some reskins....

Warluster
01-28-2007, 00:44
Cool, so you want to join? Your in!

ShadowStriker
01-28-2007, 03:36
We have a website at: http://www.newworldtotalwar.com/

methoz
01-28-2007, 22:08
its question for me? if is, ok,i want to join..but i now make 3 mods and dont have much time,but ca¨n help you in "future" ... :)