PDA

View Full Version : The First Ilsamiren Wars Architecture Render!

Ilsamir Lord
12-27-2006, 12:55
The Ilsamiri had founded the Southern Kingdom in the depths of the past, partly resettling their own, partly turning and assimilating the old kings of the lands around the Bay. Now the Kingdom had become almost entirely autonomous, though their strongest allegiance remained with the Ilsamir King, unbroken even in the great Uprising of millennia past. This was the seat of power of the Southern Kingdom, a great walled island set perfectly within the Beautiful Bay, a bastion of rock, moated by the sea itself and untaken through the long centuries of its existence. Within this ring of walls, of men’s make and of strong cliffs, stood the Hill, a tall rise at the Island’s western edge which came down steeply as it neared the western walls.

Below is the first decent product of my architectural modelling - The Gates of the Southern Port:

https://img81.imageshack.us/img81/7779/southernportvw1.th.jpg (https://img81.imageshack.us/my.php?image=southernportvw1.jpg)

The main gates of the chief city of the Southern Kingdom, the Port Isle. The blue indicates the sea, which for much of the time covers the walkway seen leading from the stairs. The gates themselves are missing from the image. The gate-house is 42 feet high. Atop each tower is a look-out post from which horns are blown (when the sea recedes) and bells are rung (when the sea laps over the walkway). The houses behind are place-holders for the moment and are included merely to fill in the image more believably. The blue represents the sea, the shade of grey above that blue represents a sandy beach and the grey above that represents rugged rocky slope or cliff.

The next structure I plan to show is the Keep of the Isle, which is set upon the Hill overlooking the square and the Temple of the Sky.

Ilsamir Lord
12-28-2006, 00:59
Are these likely to be compatible with MII? As I understand there were many problems involved with modifying/replacing architecture in Rome.

Ilsamir Lord
12-30-2006, 03:01
bump

Herkus
12-30-2006, 10:26
Are these likely to be compatible with MII? As I understand there were many problems involved with modifying/replacing architecture in Rome.
Well the stairs are probably not compatible.
Seems that you are going to introduce new wall and gatehouse styles. It will take a hell lot of time to animate destruction of these buildings.

alpaca
12-31-2006, 14:19
You want to go careful with modelling new buildings yet. I am told MTW2 uses a completely new system where buildings are made up of lots of smaller parts, so you might end up with doing a lot of work for naught.

Ilsamir Lord
01-03-2007, 00:40
Yeah, I thought as much. Oh well, I'll just hold off on them for a while then.